Broke hood release handle- help appreciated

So, in an moment of utter hulk-like strength i broke the hood release handle on my 95 rt/10, any ideas on replacing this? I have identified factory plastic replacements with whole kit including cables as well as billet handle which seems more sturdy but don't know about difficulty installing....If anyone has any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to take off the whole front fascia...

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    Taking off the fascia is a 30 minute job. Very simple job. DBB aka IPSCO used to sell the billet handle. In the future keep your latches lubricated to prevent this.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDTNORANGE View Post
    So, in an moment of utter hulk-like strength i broke the hood release handle on my 95 rt/10, any ideas on replacing this? I have identified factory plastic replacements with whole kit including cables as well as billet handle which seems more sturdy but don't know about difficulty installing....If anyone has any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to take off the whole front fascia...
    I would contact Jon at Viperpartsrack.com to see if the billet part is still available: http://www.viperpartsrack.com/PartsR...t-hood-release

By looking at a couple of pictures in old threads, it looks to me like it might be as simple as taking two bolts off to get the handle accessible through the front air inlet opening in the fascia.

Enthusiast
    I don't know if a GEN I is the same, but here's what I did to replace my GEN II (2001) hood release...

Replacing the Hood Release Handle - GEN II

Thank you gentlemen, I was able to get hood open for servicing today. I will contact to see if billet is available.

Help. I installed new hood release assembly on Gen II.
    Closed the hood the cables broke
    How open hood?

Broken hood cables

Help. I installed new hood release assembly on Gen II.
    Closed the hood the cables broke
    How open hood?