Enthusiast

NVE 2 - NOLA Motorsports Park Track Video

I was out at NOLA a couple of weeks ago.

As for the track itself its fun and challenging. I spent most of my time trying to learn the track as I wasn't able to participate in all of my sessions for one reason or another. (My car was down on power from a clogged fuel filter) Track is completely flat. I wasn't using 2nd gear yet in the video as this was my 2nd session on track and I was trying to learn the lines. I'm gonna do a corner by corner breakdown here to as this might help some folks out when they get there.

Front stretch - pretty bumpy for a new track
    T1 - Braking zone is EXTREMELY bumpy, was very surprised for being such a new track. Gen 2 guys without ABS be VERY cautious here. Plenty of runoff if you miss it. Normal turn in and track out.
    T2 - left sweeper, you'll already be on the inside of the turn from the T1 exit. Stay there. If you have aero, keep your foot down.
    T3 - I was braking around where the other track configuration ended. This should be a 2nd gear turn for most. I tried a bunch of different lines through here. I did not like late apexing through this turn. If you go to far wide on the exit there is a slight crest in the track and you will begin to lose grip if you go over that.
    T4 - Similar to T3 only turning the other way and a slightly tighter radius. Come across the track from the T3 exit to setup for T4. This turn I was apexing a little later the T3 due to the radius difference.
    T5 - You will have to tap the brakes to go through this turn. You will also want to turn in earlier than you think. The wider you exit this turn the better you will be setup for T6. Outside exit curbing is BUMPY!
    T6 - WAIT!! unless you have slicks and big aero you will want to apex this a little later than you think. The only incidents we had over the weekend were two cars that tried to take this to fast and turned in to early and they both ended up in the gravel trap on the outside. Not fun.
    T7 - Flat out, two tires on the inside curb. Your speed through here will depend on how well you took the previous 2 turns, they are all connected. You screw up T5 or T6 your speed will be down through T7 which in turn effects your top speed before you have to brake for T8.
    T8 - Lift while your still going straight, make your turn and get two tires on the inside curb. This really helps the angle of approach for the esses. I try and tap my brakes as soon as my right rear was off the curbing. Loading the front for the turn in for the esses.
    Esses (T9-12) - HIT THE CURBING. All the inside curbing is smooth at this track, it will not upset the car much if any. Two tires on each side going through all of it. Smoothness is rewarded.
    T13 - Braking about the 2 marker and should be getting down into 2nd. (maybe 3rd for the Gen V guys). Hard right hander. Later apex here is better as it will set you up much better for the entrance to T14.
    T14 - WAIT!! I kept screwing this one up and turning in a little early. If you wait to turn left your angle will be much better through the turn setting you up better for T15.
    T15 - Inside tires near the curbing and you wanted to be pointed towards the end of the outside curbing. Do NOT get on this outside curbing, it will upset the car. When you get to the end of that curbing turn right for T16.
    T16 - Cut across the track from the exit of T15 smoothly to get to the inside curbing of T16. Once the turn starts to open up you can open up your wheel a little. Careful on the exit curbing going onto the front straight, it is rough. You can get on power earlier though if you drive over it. Just be careful.

Those were the notes I had in my head on the track. Again, it was my first time there and I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by XSnake; 10-28-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Enthusiast
    Gonna be a blast and NVE2 in May!

Enthusiast
    That track looks awesome and 154 in the straightaway! I can't wait!!!
    Just need to scope out some new race brake pads for a Gen 2, if anyone has suggestions.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetalonguy View Post
    That track looks awesome and 154 in the straightaway! I can't wait!!!
    Just need to scope out some new race brake pads for a Gen 2, if anyone has suggestions.
    It's a lot of fun and has a nice rhythm to it. Guys without aero should be able to hit higher speeds on the front straight. That braking zone in T1 is gonna shock some people though.

Enthusiast
    bump for anyone that wants to see some video of the track before they get out on it this week.

THE TRACK HAS ALSO BEEN REPAVED

Enthusiast
    Thanks! How is the braking zone for turn 1 after the repave?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Thanks! How is the braking zone for turn 1 after the repave?
    I would guess a lot better. Haven't been since repave

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnake View Post
    I was out at NOLA a couple of weeks ago.

Those were the notes I had in my head on the track. Again, it was my first time there and I really enjoyed it.
    Hopefully theres more "instructional" videos and notes after this weekend. Signed up for a track day next week at Nola Motorsports, and this is really helpful.

Bruce H.
    XSnake,

Thank you very much for your video and notes. I found it very helpful and was well prepared for my sessions yesterday at NVE.

The brake zone for T1 is now smooth as can be. I'll be posting a video but would advise folks not to go wide on the exit of T6 over the curbing and onto the pavement for greater T6 exit speed and faster T7 entry. It is extremely rough, and while I went over it once in my TA, and with Mike Levitas in his TA with the DSC dampers, Nineball damaged a wheel there.

Enthusiast
    I admit I didn't watch any video prior to showing up. Great track and for the most part everyone played well together. Very well run track event. By far the best track event I have attended at one of these national events.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    I admit I didn't watch any video prior to showing up. Great track and for the most part everyone played well together. Very well run track event. By far the best track event I have attended at one of these national events.
    Glad to hear you had a good time!!