Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Disappearing Thread?

Please tell me we are not going down this road .....

which one ? OP ha asked for his vca v voa thread to be deleted. i obliged
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

I voted to burn it. Any luck? Lol

no fire, just a delete...lol

Enthusiast
    The only problem with that is do the other 30 or so people that commented on the thread agree to have their post deleted as well? I think it sets a bad precedent.
    Last edited by Rocket; 12-15-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Enthusiast
    I'm happy it was deleted

Enthusiast
    If an original poster wants his or her thread deleted, I do not see it a problem. I have actually had several threads here deleted due to changes on the initial forum being set up and a new region being created.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    which one ? OP ha asked for his vca v voa thread to be deleted. i obliged
    Confirmed! I felt it was getting out of hand, and not conducive to the direction we are moving at VOA. I originally thought it was an FYi in sillyness, but took on a life of its own, wound up opening olf sores...past history. I apologize to anyone affronted by the deletion.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I'm happy it was deleted
    ^^^^ What he said^^^^

Ask yourself this. What value is trying to compare both sites? One has made a massive effort to be more receptive to the membership. One has tried to make members feel involved. One has gone so far as to post meeting minutes. Which is showing an interest in it's membership and answering questions, and which hasn't?

Then we can all get a beer and watch the races.

Or the game...damn u Miami! Lol

Enthusiast
    I would suggest that any actions taken by moderators be explained in the thread if the software allows it. In other words, in the thread in question, have one post left in the thread that says thread deleted at request of the thread starter. If the title is controversial, maybe abbreviate it or something.

Same for moderated posts that are edited or removed. Just so that folks know what was "wrong."

Enthusiast
    there seems to be a whole lot of baggage around here... no wonder why of course

Yeah I think deep down certain folks want the drama; not this guy.

Delete it burn it and urinate on the ashes.

Enthusiast
    Well that was pointless wasting my time even responding in that thread positively. Whatever!!!! One honest thread delete so far for me and now questioning the value responding to other threads. Might have to spend more time with the family and less time on the website/chat rooms like this.

Just deleting threads outright as in erase rather than shutdown, locked out no view and message that said deleted at request of op or something are two different things. Sorry but the delete actions brings back wounds from days of yore. Despite the intentions thus far, that action and my thread delete thus far has me on skeptical alert with all this. Time will tell if anything is actually going to be different in the long run. Man that is disappointing though, this early on.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Well that was pointless wasting my time even responding in that thread positively. Whatever!!!! One honest thread delete so far for me and now questioning the value responding to other threads. Might have to spend more time with the family and less time on the website/chat rooms like this.

Just deleting threads outright as in erase rather than shutdown, locked out no view and message that said deleted at request of op or something are two different things. Sorry but the delete actions brings back wounds from days of yore. Despite the intentions thus far, that action and my thread delete thus far has me on skeptical alert with all this. Time will tell if anything is actually going to be different in the long run. Man that is disappointing though, this early on.
    I disagree with your assessment - I see no reason to bring up the other entity. We need to move forward. What happened is in the past - no need to bring its negativity over here!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post

Dude, we all went thru the same crap you did at vca... refer above to post #13.
    Don't let the stuff from over there ruin our mojo. Take a deep breathe and realize the op asked it be deleted.
    Don't sweat it, really... no conspiracy here. :-)

Enthusiast
    Don't get me wrong, I am in full agreement on the fact we don't need a myriad of VCA threads, debates, etc. over here despite the time I took to try to contribute in a positive manner to the one that disappeared. Where I am disappointed is in flat out erase of threads or disappearing threads versus a lockout with reason. Boils down to a trust issue when it is flat out deleted versus locked out with reason stated. Don't repeat mistakes of the past as this action alone was a major issue in the past. That is not a negative thing, but constructive criticism. Sorry, just wasn't expecting it that's all.

Enthusiast
    I have the utmost confidence and respect in the modeators on this forum. They were picked for their positions based on past expereince. The fact that the OP of the thread in question asked that the thread be removed/deleted makes this an open and shut case. At that point nothing is owed to anyone else. Now if it was a thread that a moderator decided to close i'm sure there would be a post by one of them stating why it was closed and left for those to see. Lets not start going down that road of "It's just like the old place." I can assure you that it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I have the utmost confidence and respect in the modeators on this forum. They were picked for their positions based on past expereince. The fact that the OP of the thread in question asked that the thread be removed/deleted makes this an open and shut case. At that point nothing is owed to anyone else. Now if it was a thread that a moderator decided to close i'm sure there would be a post by one of them stating why it was closed and left for those to see. Lets not start going down that road of "It's just like the old place." I can assure you that it is not.
    XXXXXXXXX ten! Well said Bob.

Enthusiast
    So are we saying that any time an OP wants his thread deleted, it get's deleted?

Again, I think this sets a bad precedent. OP starts a thread, disagrees with what is posted in it, asks that the thread be removed, and poof - it's gone?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    So are we saying that any time an OP wants his thread deleted, it get's deleted?

Again, I think this sets a bad precedent. OP starts a thread, disagrees with what is posted in it, asks that the thread be removed, and poof - it's gone?
    Dude...get a handle on this! Several people requested in the thread, that it be deleted...which you damn well knew about. Further a moderator posted he would ask my (OP) permission to delete it (twice). The moderator pm'd me and asked my permission to delete it. I didn't ask why, as it was clearly obvious after I read through the 20 or so posts, as I have stated above. I didn't wake up this morning, and say gee, I don't like this thread...but when respected people here, felt it was getting out of hand...I agreed and complied.

As for a moderator message when a thread is deleted with reasoning. That makes sense, but I'm sure it was an oversight..as it was very clear this morning where this threat was headed. Let's not drive off the road over this please :-)

If someone asks us to change or help with a thread title... we do... Its that simple.

Posts and threads are not going to go poof, or get locked for that matter as many are used to happening on other sites.
    We are a new forum. We have a nice place set up... People seem pretty happy here... We are not going to ruin it by being controlling moderators.

you can be sure no threads will be deleted from here out. they will be closed with a reason posted. simple fix.

and the 2 times i think i had to edit or moderate, a note was sent to the poster. and IIRC the original poster has the ability to delete their own thread with no reason or cause but i might be wrong

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Way it works on a lot of forums I visit... Usually the thread starter can delete their own threads.

You guys are creating a mountain out of an ant hill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast