Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
    I'm just going to hang here for the comments...
    +1

Enthusiast
    the Viper has a strange way of holding value
    lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

Regardless of the "corporate line" for normal, or even more aggressive STREET driving, 1 qt per 500 miles appears excessive. Track use, another story. Still keep your eye on it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    Regardless of the "corporate line" for normal, or even more aggressive STREET driving, 1 qt per 500 miles appears excessive. Track use, another story. Still keep your eye on it.
    Seems high but his driving style sounds abusive to me. That's why my first post said I wasnt "shocked" at the oil consumption given the description of his driving habits. I'd be looking at your clutch fluid too. 4 transmissions in 12000 miles in your BMW makes me think you wail on a trans (and it's associated components) pretty hard and our clutch fluid can heat up fast.

Will be posting a detailed DIY thread on the the Gen V nitrous and Boost-A-Pump install for the forums..I received my Nitrous Outlet gen V specific plate kit with 15lb bottle. Got to figure out mounting for bottle and firewall pass-throughs for the lines and wiring..

Other than that was wondering if anyone had experience running a Boost-A-Pump on Gen Vs? I don't believe a standalone fuel cell/regulator/pump will be necessary for my realistic wet 200hp goals. (20hp per cylinder technically, should be quite reliable with factory forged internals)..If I'm feeling really greedy after safely tuning with the 200 pills I will step up to 250 max, I'll document everything along the way for you all!

Since the similarities in gen 4 and gen 5 are pretty close, if you have installed one on a gen 4 can you shed some light? I really would like to not have to tear apart the car blind looking for access. My Master tech and best viper mechanic at the dealership ( which of course hasn't done a single gen v pump in the 2-3 years it's been out, probably a good thing) Said on earlier generations he would only be able to gain access to wiring from below and had to even cut out portions of the fuel tank cover to gain access.

I would think FCAU would not make such a difficult maintenance task on a commonly high mileage failed item.. but who knows..

Any input would be awesome!! Thanks!

-xSLANGx

Enthusiast
    Rex, I just saw your post on Facebook group as well. Holy crap dude, that sucks! When I was in the market for a Viper I was looking at used cars but decided I'd rather just buy a new one and avoid the risk. I hope it all works out for you in the end, but yeah, that dude is a turd.

Enthusiast
    Tsk, tsk, James Smith...1a31cd23ea34176a8ebc24b16cdd8554x.jpg

Enthusiast
    Rex, I would delete your last 2 posts.

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    I read this first post today and thought, what a freaking moron....now I know why.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how that investment property worked out.

Enthusiast
    ^^^^ Probably up 15%-20% if it's in LA or OC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123