Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink First Viper....13 SRT GTS. IN LOVE

Hello all, This is is my first to VOA although I am a long time Lurker.

I am 24 years old and work at a Dodge Chrysler Jeep SRT dealership and have been there about 4 years. I worked my way up from sales to the Director of Internet and Fleet sales and make pretty damn good money.

After buying my first investment property I decided to hastily buy my dream car.. (Was a close pick in between GTR vs Viper....I think I made the right choice)

I picked up a 2013 SRT Viper GTS Adrenaline Red on Sepia Fully Loaded with 1800 miles on it for $79,000+TTL. I had a trade in with a blown transmission and multiple issues (Of course that I didn't disclose at time of trade in...F*** Bmw. 12,000 miles on my 2013 135is and already on my 4th transmission, ANYWAYS...) Came out to about 94k OTD with around 6k in negative equity. A TOTAL STEAL. I managed to get 84 month financing from the credit union for 2.49% and my payments came out to $1,212.84 with 0 out of pocket.

I have literally been fiending for a Viper since I was a kid and was taken for a ride in a early 90's Viper that was fully built with Nitrous, it literally made me fall in love with cars!

Since that day I knew that I wanted to have a fast car...After test driving the GTR and realizing how perfect and fool-proof it was, it made me want something more user involved. Call me crazy but I loved wrestling my cars to perform 100% to the way I intend them to drive... I hate aim and squirt super-cars due to the lack of driver involvement. Don't get me wrong, the GTR is probably one of the best if not the BEST affordable supercar killer out there....It just wasn't for me though. I need to row through the gears on my way to victory, and that will never change!

So here she is in all her glory!

That was the first day I brought her home! I have never been happier in my entire life, literally my $450,000+ income property was SECOND to this feeling. (God I'm such a kid)

Being an aggressive and enthusiastic driver I of course had to put my special touches on this beautiful naturally aspirated masterpiece...

I immediately added a :

Corsa 3" Catback
    Agency Power Intake
    HPtuners Custom tune by Unleashed tuning..

I managed these figures below on a local dyno...Not bad, but wishing for more! 608 WHP/565WTQ >) ....My 135is had a turbo upgrade, e85 and all the bells and whistles making 483WHP/~490WTQ and was quite quick, and my previous 350z had a Direct Port NX express kit making 460~whp/550WTQ and was insane quick....(As you can see I have an addiction to modding cars) So I of course have the mod bug, ensuring all of the possible HPz from this engine are squeezed out!

I still have my Nx Kit from the 350z and plan on adding it soon with a TB plate from Nitrous Outlet , as I get a severe break on Warranty Claims ...Aiming for a 250 Wet kit

I recently removed my mini fenders on each side and wrapped them in 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber...I plan on tinting the windows a Medium finish to help tie the car together...I feel it adds a younger and more sporty yet classy look to the car (Considering a kid is driving a 136k MSRP car it helps to let everyone know it's my hard works and not that it's not my dad's ....)

I now have about 9000 miles on this beauty and have been taking religious care of it... Wax/Detail jobs every 1.5-2 months personally.. and have been making sure it is always decently presentable for onlookers.

I can't describe how many thumbs up and attention I get from this car in Southern California!! I have always loved the Viper because of it's RAWNESS, you knew that some douchebag that though it looked cool was DEFINETELY not behind the wheel without skills to drive it, it demands 100% of your attention and skill to push it.

I have even been pulled over multiple times in the short 5 months I have owned it by law enforcement and have been let go with warnings or minor infractions even though serious vehicle codes had been violated..(AKA. 360 donuts in public parking, given a license plate ticket.....100+ on an empty freeway given a warning... Circular drift around an abandoned park I was given a no drivers license ticket (Even though it was valid and stuck in between the seat, I could not find it in the panic)

I feel as though not only onlookers, but law enforcement respect the brutatlity and sheer skill/balls it takes to daily drive and handle a vehicle of this magnitude..And that is one of the main reasons I will hopefully never have to part with my dream AMERICAN supercar, the SRT/Dodge Viper GTS....

PS: Here's a bonus of my NANO Nx Nitrous system trial mounted in the Gen V ...................SOON!

I look forward to posting more progress with you guys soon!

Best regards,

xSLANGx
    Director of Internet and Fleet Sales for Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram SRT (PM me if you need to Order a car, I will get it to you BELOW INVOICE)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xslangx; 10-17-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Grats! I love the feeling when you get your first Viper dream to reality, enjoy it.
    Btw, 608 is a beasty number!

Many thanks! Surprisingly enough insurance wasnt to hefty on it for a 24 year old!! 260$ a month for full coverage on a Dodge Dart GT lease and a Dodge Viper Full coverage... Can't complain!!

What really gets me is the gas -_- ....I drive with a lead foot and get about 8mpg on average... DOH!!

Didn't really take that into consideration xD LOL! Everytime I doubt the purchase, I just hop into the cockpit, drive it around the block, and I'm sold again on why I'm spending a total of around 1500$ a month on it hehehehe...

And yes the 608whp was strong considering the mods! I can't wait to throw the Nitrous kit on there...Just worried as I was reading about 13' torque management codes with it or something, not sure if it's a common thing but I figure it should be relatively easy to tune out with HPTuners.

Also I am having an oil consumption test done at my dealership as it's burning about 1qt of oil every 800~ miles....Is this normal? I usually drive it at redline so I figure there will be some oil burnoff, but wondering if others have experienced this? (Hoping for a new engine from MOPAR tbh if oil consumption test comes back less than favorable...)

Thanks again!

Welcome. You have put 7800 miles on in 5 months? And you've put 9-10 quarts of oil in at that time (1 qt every 800)? I would think the engine should have broken in by now.

Beautiful car.

Congrats on the car. When I read your comment on your BMW and transmission issues I said to myself, "be careful", due to current Gen V issues and then read that you are having unusual oil consumption. No matter what anyone says, you shouldn't be seeing that much oil consumption with that many miles on the car.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 7TH_SIGN View Post
    Congrats on the car. When I read your comment on your BMW and transmission issues I said to myself, "be careful", due to current Gen V issues and then read that you are having unusual oil consumption. No matter what anyone says, you shouldn't be seeing that much oil consumption with that many miles on the car.
    "Usually drive at redline" as well as "serious vehicle codes" being violated on a regular basis including "360 doughnuts", "circular drift in a parking lot." and "100 plus on a freeway" to the tune that he is only getting 8mpg I would expect an increase the oil consumption a bit, wouldn't you? And these are just the ones he got caught for. Imagine all the times he didn't get pulled over and that's a lot of wailing on a car. So definitely I am not shocked at the oil consumption.

Also, many people would say that if the car wasn't broken in to be driven like that, (like if it was super babied and didn't get the gaskets pushed in and such ) it could explain the high oil consumption.

It's still not good and needs dealt with. But just giving you some thoughts as to why you may be seeing higher than normal oil consumption. Please be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    It's still not good and needs dealt with. But just giving you some thoughts as to why you may be seeing higher than normal oil consumption. Please be safe.
    How do you "deal with" excessive oil consumption?

Vprbite, Cmon man. He is saying he is going through 1qt of oil every 800 miles. That's a lot of oil for such little miles and your not "shocked". I understand some people's loyalty to our cars, but when the car has issues it shouldn't be having, then the car has issues. Let's not always blame it on break in and other scapegoats.

To the OP - How often has the oil been changed in the time you've owned it?

Enthusiast
    Good lucking car!

I wouldn't worry about the oil consumption, based on his debt and driving choices, the oil will be the least of the issues.

Congrats on the car

But what I picked up on in your post is that you curse at BMW because of transmission problems... yet the car is heavily modified? With Nitrous? Its quite clear that YOU are the transmission prblem

... then I read some more. Your paying $1500 a month on a car? Thats double my mortgage... I will wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited by DZnutz; 10-17-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cayenne View Post
    Good lucking car!

I wouldn't worry about the oil consumption, based on his debt and driving choices, the oil will be the least of the issues.
    Honestly I was thinking the same thing. Personally I would be more worried about the oil consumption along with the mods. Any engine trouble and it will be a real challenge to get them to honor the warranty if needed.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xslangx View Post
    Many thanks! Surprisingly enough insurance wasnt to hefty on it for a 24 year old!! 260$ a month for full coverage on a Dodge Dart GT lease and a Dodge Viper Full coverage... Can't complain!!

What really gets me is the gas -_- ....I drive with a lead foot and get about 8mpg on average... DOH!!

Didn't really take that into consideration xD LOL! Everytime I doubt the purchase, I just hop into the cockpit, drive it around the block, and I'm sold again on why I'm spending a total of around 1500$ a month on it hehehehe...

And yes the 608whp was strong considering the mods! I can't wait to throw the Nitrous kit on there...Just worried as I was reading about 13' torque management codes with it or something, not sure if it's a common thing but I figure it should be relatively easy to tune out with HPTuners.

Also I am having an oil consumption test done at my dealership as it's burning about 1qt of oil every 800~ miles....Is this normal? I usually drive it at redline so I figure there will be some oil burnoff, but wondering if others have experienced this? (Hoping for a new engine from MOPAR tbh if oil consumption test comes back less than favorable...)

Thanks again!
    Is this trolling or serious. I can't tell

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSmith View Post
    Is this trolling or serious. I can't tell
    I also wondered that. It seems so over the top.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
    There are certain internet threads that you just know will become pure internet epicness... You just have to grab a cold drink and sit back and watch. I feel this is one that could go down in internet history.

Quote Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
    Me three, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Quote Originally Posted by xslangx View Post
    xSLANGx
    Director of Internet and Fleet Sales for Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram SRT (PM me if you need to Order a car, I will get it to you BELOW INVOICE)
    That sounds like a plan when I eventually use my $15k cert!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
    Congrats on the car

But what I picked up on in your post is that you curse at BMW because of transmission problems... yet the car is heavily modified? With Nitrous? Its quite clear that YOU are the transmission prblem
    Yeah I agree. I never had any issues with mine but I left it stock, the 135i is a fun car!

Anyways, congrats on the car! You're doing great for yourself at only 24 years old. I haven't heard of anybody cracking 600 whp with just intake/exhaust and tune so that is a nice accomplishment. Let us know what happens with the oil consumption issue?

Congrats on the car but please be safe for your benefit, but more importantly for the innocent drivers all around you. Which dealership are you with? I actually think this post is real...

I think it's real as well. I'm not sure why he wants to put his finances out on the internet. I'm most concerned about his oil consumption.....

Enthusiast
    I'm just going to hang here for the comments...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cayenne View Post
    Good lucking car!

Maybe he had the cash to buy the car outright but decided to invest the money instead with the intention of only having to beat 2.49% on the investment to make it worth getting a loan. I just want to know how a 79k car ends up being 94k out the door, that doesn't add up. We're probably getting trolled here but it's entertaining.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    Maybe he had the cash to buy the car outright but decided to invest the money instead with the intention of only having to beat 2.49% on the investment to make it worth getting a loan. I just want to know how a 79k car ends up being 94k out the door, that doesn't add up. We're probably getting trolled here but it's entertaining.
    He explained that he had negative equity in the BMW. After being in the hole for $6K, I assume the rest was tax maybe?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    He said 6k in negative equity and that sweet California sales tax.

Enthusiast
    While this guy may have divulged a little too much info for the VOA, I can't hate on his excitement. The sweetness of owning a Viper at 24 is unparalleled. Congrats and stay motivated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast