Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Web Site Committee
    Tech Team

NVE2 - New Orleans

May 11 - May 14
    driveviper.com/nve2

On behalf of Alex/Smokin Tires:

The largest Viper party on the planet is here! We've been planning for 2 years and the group has something awesome in store - in a place you have to visit at least once in your life - and with your Viper makes it even better... It only happens once every couple years. We pick locations that are vacation destinations, so that it's not just a car party, but a place you really want to experience. We've learned from past events and we do plan to build in some free time, we'll also have some ancillary/optional items for you to experience if you wish (ever been on a swamp boat - you need to!). It's the first time Vipers will be invading New Orleans!

To answer common questions - registration will begin in the 1st week in November, we wanted to allow people at least 7 months to see the details and plan! We announced the location of NVE2 at the last NVE, and at NVE2 we do plan to announce the location of NVE3 which is already underway with planning...

Yes we will have more capacity than last year, actually double! We sold out in a matter of days last time and lots of people couldn't go. With 1000 person capacity we should have enough for most. We encourage folks to register early as there is not only a discount but also ensures you'll have a spot. We'll let you know when registration launches, the NVE2 website will become available at www.driveviper.com/nve2 when registration begins.

Details on the event were highlighted in the last Viper Quarterly mega-mag. All the intimate details will be made available when registration opens. We plan to take over the town - literally! This will be a big deal and the town is ready. Be there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by City; 10-16-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

The Ohio Club is putting together a 2 day convoy to NVE. Ohio -> Alabama -> New Orleans. I will post some preliminary details in a couple weeks in case anyone from other clubs wants to join us.

Enthusiast
    Just google mapped the road trip from Phoenix to New Orleans - 1568 miles. Gonna be EPIC!

Enthusiast
    Anyone have a line on a car hauler that might do a smoking deal to carry 4 cars down from Alberta Canada to maybe Minnesota or something, and then back up when the event is over? Most of us don't have the week worth of drive time that would be required to make the trip there and back.

Enthusiast
    Can't wait!!! ROAD TRIP!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Anyone have a line on a car hauler that might do a smoking deal to carry 4 cars down from Alberta Canada to maybe Minnesota or something, and then back up when the event is over? Most of us don't have the week worth of drive time that would be required to make the trip there and back.
    Adrian is working with VOA sponsor Passport Transport on this.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

The Ohio Club is putting together a 2 day convoy to NVE. Ohio -> Alabama -> New Orleans. I will post some preliminary details in a couple weeks in case anyone from other clubs wants to join us.
    Half the fun is getting there!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Hell yeah!

Enthusiast
    This is gonna be a great event, can't wait to attend. I just hope the 1000 people limit doesn't become an issue and leave some people out that wanted to go. Judging from NVE 1 that should bring in about 440 cars. Can't wait to see them all!!

Enthusiast
    I can't wait. In fact, I just renewed my membership.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

When I was president of a region for many years I'd always create a sub-trip on the way to these big national events. More than just a caravan, but an extra couple days of actually hitting significant things in the area before the event itself. It was always fun, we made it a big deal and it truly felt like a vacation with friends. I encourage all regions to think about their route and perhaps have a side trip or two. With hundreds and hundreds of people driving their vipers great distances, it's a good chance to get a pic of your car in places you'll never have a chance to visit again with your Viper. Some of my best experiences were on these bonus trips.

Can't wait! We're picking locations that people will not only enjoy bringing their cars to, but places you'd want to visit once in your life anyway. Doing a test visit of New Orleans was so very cool - lots of neat things to see and do. You're gonna love it!

How much is it to attend?

Enthusiast
    Already have our rooms booked!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Just google mapped the road trip from Phoenix to New Orleans - 1568 miles. Gonna be EPIC!
    I hear the Arizona contingent has something special in store for our trip. That's the kind of perks you get from having me in the club. Since I am famous from being in the magazine, you guys get to reap some of the benefits. You guys are like my entourage, basically. It's cool, no need to thank me.

Enthusiast
    Please list whether there will be an actual track day at NOLA! Not questioning about a track experience, cruise around the track, but an actual track day at speed ( granted there will be levels of experience). Maybe something run by NARRA, or contacting our old buddy Skip Thomas, but making sure there is run groups for those with track experience to run at NOLA flat out. Super safe track, not one with a myriad of walls like the Speedway tracks, so let's rock and roll with this benefit.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    How much is it to attend?
    $695 for Mamba and $795 for standard members. It goes up $100 for those registering just before the event.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Please list whether there will be an actual track day at NOLA! Not questioning about a track experience, cruise around the track, but an actual track day at speed ( granted there will be levels of experience). Maybe something run by NARRA, or contacting our old buddy Skip Thomas, but making sure there is run groups for those with track experience to run at NOLA flat out. Super safe track, not one with a myriad of walls like the Speedway tracks, so let's rock and roll with this benefit.
    There will indeed be a full track day for everyone at NOLA! We toured the place - it's killer. New, safe, and has a layout that really works. We'll have full track, autocross, and also karting! And yes, our plan is to rank by experience and allow people to have some fun. We'll be collecting experience levels during registration.

Enthusiast
    Appreciate the note Alex, just trying to assure, even if it is extra cost, that there is a true track day for those of us that are track rats. In the past we essentially just did touring laps, but there was often a Viper Days event after the gathering. Hoping to see , whether the track arranges on their own, or if set up by the Club or others ( NARRA was an example), that there is an actual track day, at speed, for those with experience or set up instruction for those that want to get a true track experience with their Viper.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoknTires View Post
    When I was president of a region for many years I'd always create a sub-trip on the way to these big national events. More than just a caravan, but an extra couple days of actually hitting significant things in the area before the event itself. It was always fun, we made it a big deal and it truly felt like a vacation with friends. I encourage all regions to think about their route and perhaps have a side trip or two. With hundreds and hundreds of people driving their vipers great distances, it's a good chance to get a pic of your car in places you'll never have a chance to visit again with your Viper. Some of my best experiences were on these bonus trips.

Can't wait! We're picking locations that people will not only enjoy bringing their cars to, but places you'd want to visit once in your life anyway. Doing a test visit of New Orleans was so very cool - lots of neat things to see and do. You're gonna love it!
    We are working on one.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Appreciate the note Alex, just trying to assure, even if it is extra cost, that there is a true track day for those of us that are track rats. In the past we essentially just did touring laps, but there was often a Viper Days event after the gathering. Hoping to see , whether the track arranges on their own, or if set up by the Club or others ( NARRA was an example), that there is an actual track day, at speed, for those with experience or set up instruction for those that want to get a true track experience with their Viper.
    I indeed know what you mean. We're planning on grouping folks so their track time matters. We aren't done choreographing all actions but we are HOPING to even create an open track revisit for those experts who want more track time. No promises, but intent is there. ;.)

These events are intended as well balanced social engagements and not intended to be a racers delight, however based on what we know some would like it's our intent to try to do something special that gives them a little more of what they want. We have a really big really special sponsor likely for the tracks days, we'll see if that affects things.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for listening Alex, and sounds like you guys really have your ear to the ground for a lot of Viper owners - fantastic news and sure this will be a phenomenal Viper Owner's gathering!

Enthusiast
    will there be a place to park truck and trailer?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    We are in! Father & son will be rolling into Nawlins together!
    Dan St John
    2006 Blue Coupe / Silver Stripes.

Enthusiast
    There will be a group driving down from New England. Can't wait

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rvan View Post
    will there be a place to park truck and trailer?
    Yes, at the track. It's free to leave it all there. But if you plan to park the car that you're towing (viper) at the hotel, make sure you buy a hotel parking pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast