Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

15 Viper GT - VBox 60 to 130 run with for Arrow PCM only - Verified time

I was able to get things sorted with the Vbox and did another run yesterday. I know she still has more in her as I ran during the day, vs an evening when the tarmac is still warm, but the air is denser and colder. I will say that this car has the best traction of any car I've ever owned. Granted it's a massive tire, the C6 Z06s I had where no where near this level of grip.

Regardless I wanted to achieve 6s with just the Arrow PCM. As Nineball has proven before, this car is fast. It's modified car fast, and with a canned tune only it gets even quicker. I'm sure with the right fuel amounts, temperatures and fast shifts it's got mid 6s.

I shifted quickly on this run, but I was also being cautious. You can miss that 2nd 3rd shift easily when being overzealous.

Another issue which our fellow Floridians and Texans don't have is ideal slope. It is what it is.

Notes:
    2 shifts (no lift)
    62 degrees
    1800 miles on the car
    1/4 tank of gas

vbox data
    Last edited by timberwolf; 10-05-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Enthusiast
    6.X is hauling ass for most street cars. That is why these cars do so well from 60 rolls. I need to go try my car with the Arrow/Headers. No-lift-shift that 3-4 and you'll probably shave another tenth easily.

Very nice... So all you have is an out of the box tune?

Enthusiast
    Great time!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    6.X is hauling ass for most street cars. That is why these cars do so well from 60 rolls. I need to go try my car with the Arrow/Headers. No-lift-shift that 3-4 and you'll probably shave another tenth easily.
    I was not lifting.... lol With lifts you're talking high 7s or 8s. With headers you have a few more tenths I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
    Very nice... So all you have is an out of the box tune?
    Yup. I bought the car from Bernie at Viper Exchange with the Arrow PCM installed. No other mods engine mods.
    Last edited by timberwolf; 10-05-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdv25 View Post
    Great time!!!!!!!!!
    Strap a vbox on to your car soon!!!!!

6.9 is very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by v10tt View Post
    6.9 is very nice!!
    It's a good starting point lol!

Not bad for those small mods. Not too many non-hyper completely bone stock cars can break into the 6 sec range 60-130. Only the Mclarens come to mind. Would love to see PDV's 60-130 as well. I'm guessing around 5.7 - 6 secs flat.

The top end these Gen V have is awesome. Something that previous generations lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit10 View Post
    Not bad for those small mods. Not too many non-hyper completely bone stock cars can break into the 6 sec range 60-130. Only the Mclarens come to mind. Would love to see PDV's 60-130 as well. I'm guessing around 5.7 - 6 secs flat.
    With the nitrous it has to be in the 4s! Without? I have no clue. He needs to get his hands on a vbox asap. Prob low 6s or even 5s if he skips leg and chest day that week. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 7TH_SIGN View Post
    The top end these Gen V have is awesome. Something that previous generations lack.
    I hope my post is helping to convince you to keep your car brother!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    With the nitrous it has to be in the 4s! Without? I have no clue. He needs to get his hands on a vbox asap. Prob low 6s or even 5s if he skips leg and chest day that week. lol
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

The viper is a bit faster (motor only) than my old GTR which went 6.4. On nitrous I have no clue what it would do.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

The viper is a bit faster (motor only) than my old GTR which went 6.4. On nitrous I have no clue what it would do.
    I'm sure a custom tune with no cats etc is worth some solid ponies. No canned tune can achieve that. You should def do a vbox with a without the juice. If it were my vbox I'd ship to florida for quick getaway.

Enthusiast
    I'm sure a custom tune with no cats etc is worth some solid ponies. No canned tune can achieve that. You should def do a vbox with a without the juice. If it were my vbox I'd ship to florida for quick getaway.
    I'll do a nitrous pull. To do a motor pull I would want to put back my factory plugs and factory wheels. I'll try and borrow a V-box soon.

I'll do a nitrous pull. To do a motor pull I would want to put back my factory plugs and factory wheels. I'll try and borrow a V-box soon.
    It's a great way to squash all the BS you read on the forums. Like the crap you read on 6speed lol... 4s are 4s so shut the eff up!! lol I'm tempted to post the results on the corvette forum, but they are fragile these days.

I hope my post is helping to convince you to keep your car brother!
    It is

6.9 for an all motor car with just a tune is EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE. I love the elevation 40ft lol.! My Vbox shows 3190ft.

Just waiting for slightly cooler days and ill be back at it. I would love anything in 7s at my elevation.

6.9 is going to trap around 133. IMPRESSIVE

If a Tune only car traps 133... I think a lot more potential C7Z buyers will be swinging this way. That is if they make an informed decision. Lots of fanbois out there though!!

My car trapped 132mph stock. I am pretty sure a tuned one can do 133 in equal or better conditions.

What does a bone stock gen V do in a 60-130 run?

1.8T, did you have any DRs or was it on stock tires as well?

Stock tires, stock everything...

Enthusiast
    Here is what my Gen 3 ran, at around 1200 rwhp at the time. Paxton + Nitrous. It has trapped 154 in the quarter, for reference.

Last edited by Nine Ball; 10-06-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
    What does a bone stock gen V do in a 60-130 run?
    7.32 here

My stock '14 TA, on stock tires. This was at the drag strip, with bad traction issues. Trapped 131 best that day. Wish I had put the V-box in the other stock Gen 5 that trapped 134.6 mph that day. This was good weather though, -1050 ft DA.

Thank Tony... Those are some impressive numbers for a stock car. I remember trapping around 132 in my heads n cam Z. I think I could've done a bit better but let see what I can get out of this car when I make it out to a track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast