Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    It's a great way to squash all the BS you read on the forums. Like the crap you read on 6speed lol... 4s are 4s so shut the eff up!! lol I'm tempted to post the results on the corvette forum, but they are fragile these days.
    There was a thread on Corvetteforum comparing C7Z 60-130 times. The automatics were a tiny bit faster. All of them were 8.3+ range. Some of them were comparing Viper potential, then I posted my 7.32 and the thread went silent. http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...0-150-mph.html

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    There was a thread on Corvetteforum comparing C7Z 60-130 times. The automatics were a tiny bit faster. All of them were 8.3+ range. Some of them were comparing Viper potential, then I posted my 7.32 and the thread went silent. http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...0-150-mph.html

Lol that's just mean.

Tony... You already know they are hating on the vipers cause we do not have issues and they only have issues. Now why would you rub it in that the vipers are much faster?? Lol but good job though!!

Honestly I really love the C7Z but just can't look past its issues.. Just too many of them to even comfortably buy one and enjoy it without being paranoid all the time if it's going to give up on me etc. GM pretty much took the QC department and set them on fire or something... The cars are just very inconsistent.
    Last edited by Jdmuscle; 10-06-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
    Tony... You already know they are hating on the vipers cause we do not have issues and they only have issues. Now why would you rub it in that the vipers are much faster?? Lol but good job though!!

Honestly I really love the C7Z but just can't look past its issues.. Just too many of them to even comfortably buy one and enjoy it without being paranoid all the time if it's going to give up on me etc. GM pretty much took the QC department and set them on fire or something... The cars are just very inconsistent.

What I don't understand is how slow the automatics are 60 to 130, but in videos they are pulling vipers with ease. Granted most guys don't get every ounce out of the viper, but still!!

The Viper is one of the few manual cars I have driven that if you don't no lift shift, suffers a decent performance decrease in straight line acceleration. At the track it was good for 2mph.

Enthusiast
    What I don't understand is how slow the automatics are 60 to 130, but in videos they are pulling vipers with ease. Granted most guys don't get every ounce out of the viper, but still!!
    Hurtful truth time.

Most manual drivers cannot drive well. Most manual drivers only think they drive well. I've yet to see any C7Z (or ZR1) trap higher than I've driven a Gen 5 Viper. Trap speeds tell you their potential from a 60 mph rolling start. The data backs it up.

From a dead stop, however, it would be very difficult to beat the automatic trans Z06. Automatics are just much easier to launch, zero skill required.

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t View Post
    The Viper is one of the few manual cars I have driven that if you don't no lift shift, suffers a decent performance decrease in straight line acceleration. At the track it was good for 2mph.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would have lose most races if I didn't no lift at this event at Pocono. Period. A few great examples:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1MXsrVvuT0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDP_8FSvsmo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBF2X4zWiE

Hurtful truth time.

Most manual drivers cannot drive well. Most manual drivers only think they drive well. I've yet to see any C7Z (or ZR1) trap higher than I've driven a Gen 5 Viper. Trap speeds tell you their potential from a 60 mph rolling start. The data backs it up.

From a dead stop, however, it would be very difficult to beat the automatic trans Z06. Automatics are just much easier to launch, zero skill required.
    We need brand ambassadors in the street racing and roll racing world. "Nope doesn't count. You aren't an official SRT hooligan driver..." lol

Enthusiast
    We need brand ambassadors in the street racing and roll racing world. "Nope doesn't count. You aren't an official SRT hooligan driver..." lol
    If Dodge/SRT wants to sponsor a deal, I'm game. Hell, maybe GM should re-hire me for consulting and testing.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t View Post
    Absolutely correct. Even when shifting VERY fast, you can still gain 1-2 mph easily by powershifting (no lifting throttle). Likely due to those electric throttle bodies having to close and then slowly re-open if you lift.

Here is what my Gen 3 ran, at around 1200 rwhp at the time. Paxton + Nitrous. It has trapped 154 in the quarter, for reference.

Hard to get into the 4's shifting ! good driving.
    I went 4.39 with 832whp. Wish the viper had a DCT lol. elevation is 2700+ Da around 4000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by vegasgtr View Post
    Hard to get into the 4's shifting ! good driving.
    I went 4.39 with 832whp. Wish the viper had a DCT lol. elevation is 2700+ Da around 4000
    That's seriously fast for that power level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12