Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ct Fall Foliage Cruise Sunday Oct 25th!

Ct Fall Foliage Cruise Sunday Oct 25th!

Meeting at the commuter parking lot in Cheshire CT off I84. From there we will cruise about a half hour up Rt8 North till the expressway ends and there will be a chance to gas up. From there we will cruise through Litchfield County and Goshen along some scenic roadways and through a covered bridge on the way to Kent Falls State Park where you will have some time to walk up along the falls and take pictures and another bathroom break. Leaving there we'll go to lunch at 1st and Ten.

Anyone who wants to meet us at 1st & Ten without going on the cruise, we should be there noonish.

When we leave 1st & Ten, we are going right by On Track Karting, its 5 miles and less than 5 minutes away. Anyone want to try and beat Chuck?? 1st and ten is less than 10 minutes from I84 east and west.

Meeting time is 9:00,
    Departure time is 9:15
    Meeting spot is the commuter parking lot just North of I84 exit 26, if coming from the west, take a left at the traffic light at the end of the ramp, straight through the next light, and the lot is on your left, if coming from the east, take a right at the end of the ramp and the lot is on your left.

Link to Kent Falls: http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325228
    Please note they instituted a fee last year to enter the park: $9.00 for Ct residents and $15.00 for out of staters.

Pics from last year: http://driveviper.com/forums/album.php?albumid=160
    Pics from 2013: http://s937.photobucket.com/user/sla...0Cruise%202013

Attending:
    Jimmy & Julie
    Chris & Dawn
    Martin
    Peter + 1
    Victor
    Last edited by viperjimmy; 10-12-2015 at 08:56 PM.

If I can work out my schedule with kids' sports, and weather is good, I'll be there +1

Thanks for setting up Jimmy.

Great Peter, I hope the weather is good and you can fit it in! Hope you are doing well and better every day!

Thanks Jimmy, feeling pretty good these days. End of season events sit right on top of the kids sports, soccer and football. I'll try to make it.

Thanks!

We got another New Englander coming! Add Victor to the list. So far Victor and I will be coming down from MA! Im sure Rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by martin2000gts View Post
    we got another new englander coming! Add victor to the list. So far victor and i will be coming down from ma! Im sure rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vipuronr View Post
    Thanks Jimmy, feeling pretty good these days. End of season events sit right on top of the kids sports, soccer and football. I'll try to make it.

Thanks!
    Glad to hear it Peter. More power to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin2000GTS View Post
    We got another New Englander coming! Add Victor to the list. So far Victor and I will be coming down from MA! Im sure Rusty will come as well as soon as he figures out how to turn his computer on and read his emails! Looking forward to it!
    Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!! All this technology is overrated.
    Kerrie and I will see you all there! Looking forward to visiting with my NY/CT viper peeps. Oh and you too Martin.
    Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!! All this technology is overrated.
    Kerrie and I will see you all there! Looking forward to visiting with my NY/CT viper peeps. Oh and you too Martin.
    Rusty
    I found my way around Ohio without GPS so it is possible. Must be the tradespeople gene in this Dutch guy with navigation as a sub-gene.

Enthusiast
    Listen Super Charger Kid...I bet I can find Kent falls without a GPS!!
    Hmm....I don't think his GPS is reliable....it did take him off-road at TOD, after all.
    Last edited by ViperTony; 10-13-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Rusty
    LMAO too funny!

Attending:
    Jimmy & Julie
    Chris & Dawn
    Martin
    Peter + 1
    Victor
    Rusty & Kerrie
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Hmm....I don't this his GPS is reliable....it did take him off-road at TOD, after all.
    Hmmmm.......do tell, details, details

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by viperjimmy View Post
    Hmmmm.......do tell, details, details
    Martin has a difficult time negotiating curves.

LOL, Tony doesn't because his Gen 5 does the driving for him! Ah I cant wait to catch up with you guys lol

Enthusiast
    LOL, Tony doesn't because his Gen 5 does the driving for him! Ah I cant wait to catch up with you guys lol
    At least he stayed on the road, Martin

For everyone else, check out page 39 of the newest VQ, bottom left red GTS with the toe strap.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by smhog View Post
    At least he stayed on the road, Martin

For everyone else, check out page 39 of the newest VQ, bottom left red GTS with the toe strap.

Tim
    LOL...umm that was my viper towing out a superduty from going over the edge!

Tim, are you comin for the ride? We have Me, Bob, Rusty, and Victor going! Jimmy add us to the list!

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy, add "Bob & Maria" to the list!

Add John and Carol to the list.

Enthusiast
    LOL...umm that was my viper towing out a superduty from going over the edge!

Tim, are you comin for the ride? We have Me, Bob, Rusty, and Victor going! Jimmy add us to the list!

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy, add "Bob & Maria" to the list!
    Yeah, Martin I'm in. Add me to the list, Jimmy.

Attending:
    Jimmy & Julie
    Chris & Dawn
    Martin
    Peter + 1
    Victor
    Rusty & Kerrie
    Steve
    Bob & Maria
    John & Carol
    Tim

That's the latest list, if I've missed anyone please let me know.

Enthusiast
    Jimmy,

Put Melissa and I down. Just got to figure out the babysitter.

Jimmy:

Chambre mine to tentative, please. Have not been feeling well last few fatuous, not site I can handle a cruise quite yet..

I may show, just not sure. If I don't, have a great time!

Enthusiast
    I'm trying to make it as well. Just can't tell the wife we have a 5 hour and 45 minute drive home afterwards.

Attending:
    Jimmy & Julie
    Chris & Dawn
    Martin
    Peter + 1 (maybe)
    Victor
    Rusty & Kerrie
    Steve
    Bob & Maria
    John & Carol
    Tim
    Mike & Melissa