Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Team

1992-2006 Viper Calibrations, why Specialty Performance is best.

The reason Specialty Performance is the best company for 1992-2006 Dodge Viper computer calibrations is the fact that we have been doing it longer than anyone out there. We were tuning the JTEC computers 10 years before any commercial software tuning was available. We have spent 100's of hours on the dyno, testing and developing calibrations for almost every combination of parts and engine build.

There are many shops using software to tune these controllers, but they do not have full control of all the areas in the controller that need to be tuned, we do. The truth is, the software they are using is missing many of the calibration areas that are critical to proper drivability, especially with highly modified engines, areas that handle closed loop fuel, spark and idle control are simply not defined.

Some of the things we can provide you are:

Tuning for aggressive, high overlap camshafts, we can make your car run and idle well without idle hang and surging.

Boosted Applications, we can tune your factory ECU for boost, without using piggyback systems.

Calibrations for almost any combination of parts. Headers, throttle bodies, ported heads, bigger injectors.

Speedometer correction for gear changes 1992-2002 models

Calibrations for all year Gen1 cars with SBEC controllers.

Specialty Performance can bench tune your controller or e-mail you a calibration for your hand held programmer,
    Prices range from $300 to $600. feel free to call. 310-597-6295

A very hearty Plus 1 from me. Every customer I've sent to Dan for a tune after getting heads and cam installed, was thrilled with the way it ran. When asked for who to call for tuning my standard answer is Dan Cragin.

Enthusiast
    Another plug for Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cragin View Post
    T

Some of the things we can provide you are:

we can tune your factory ECU for

Specialty Performance can bench tune your controller or e-mail you a calibration for your hand held programmer,
    Prices range from $300 to $600. feel free to call. 310-597-6295
    This can be done by ecu recalibration?

Enthusiast

Dan, are you saying, that I don't need the separate speedo calibration box for my Gen 2 Viper that typically comes with the gear set (if you choose to buy it of course)? I am asking because I was trying to find out, whether or not the correction can be also made by a tune (SCT?) and the answers I got were "NO". I'd like to avoid splicing in the separate box into the OEM harness...

Thanks for clarification/confirmation!

Enthusiast
    If it reads lower speeds than you are actually going, isn't it also keeping the miles down, so to speak?

Enthusiast
    As we typically install shorter gears it's the opposite I believe. Engine & transmission revs are higher at any given speed. So ECU counts more miles than really being driven.

Enthusiast
    ah yes, I believe that is true.

It's the opposite of bigger tires on a truck.

Perhaps I was confused there. Good point.

Enthusiast
    It confuses me most of the time, too. Really.

Tech Team

Yes, we can recalibrate your computer for a gear change without using a speedometer box. 1992-2002 Viper 2003 and above reads wheel speed and is not effected by a gear change.

Enthusiast
    Yes, we can recalibrate your computer for a gear change without using a speedometer box. 1992-2002 Viper 2003 and above reads wheel speed and is not effected by a gear change.
    Dan, thanks a lot for your answer. Actually, we just booked flights to LA for our summer vacations next year (July). Would love to stop by and get all what's necessary. Besides the speed correction, is there anything else you would adjust for a mostly stock Viper? My only mods are 3" Corsa catback, HF cats, K&Ns and smooth tubes.

dan needs to move to the east coast ! (preferably NJ)
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    dan needs to move to the east coast ! (preferably NJ)
    But please not before August 2016 ... ;-)

02 GTS B&B catback exhaust, M&M headers, 3:55 gears. Enroute to Dan for a H/C package, can't
    wait

gymshot.jpg

Enthusiast
    Sent my specs in also waiting for a response.. reading past history of Dan and DC performance.. excellent knowledge

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Sent my specs in also waiting for a response.. reading past history of Dan and DC performance.. excellent knowledge
    I see you have 3.73 gears. Will you also do the speed correction via the tune?

Enthusiast
    yes I sent dan all the info plus tire combo as I run 18/19 corsas

Enthusiast
    Please let us know, how it went. How are you going to install the tune, SCT?

Enthusiast
    Dan and I have been emailing Yes SCT hand held. as we are roughly 3000 miles apart .. the gear correction will be nice too. but dyno day will be next year. I have put the car away as the polar bears are starting to come into town at night.. rumour has it they ate 3 mustangs and 1 Camaro already .... huge amount of knowledge he can provide

Enthusiast
    Cool, hope Dan sells the SCT device, too!? Don't have one yet. Being there next year and picking it up locally would save me some money...

Had a mapped OE PCM for my 2002 RT/10 and it was perfect....

Drove great with no hanging perfect starting hot or cold.. and no messing with extra wires ..

I sent Dan my PCM out of one of my Gen 2 track cars for a tune. When I got it back I took it to the track and the car would only turn 5200 rpm,s. So I let him know and asked if he would check to see what was going on. He told me that there must be something wrong with the car and it could not be anything to do with what he done. I put the PCM from my other Gen 2 race car in it just to make sure that the car was ok, and it runs fine. He will NEVER get ANY business from me again!!

Enthusiast
    sounds like the rpm redline was limited to 5200 instead of 6200 and set up typo in the file

Tech Team

XLR8, I dont seem to have a record of doing a tune for you. Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else. Could you PM my the invoice number and specifics, how long ago was this? I would be happy to recheck the computer or refund your money if you were not happy.

Enthusiast
    Woodhouse and Dan have worked together since the 90s ---- super straight shooter and a quality human being!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast