Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Nothing current. I didn't get enough pre-orders to make the buy and I am past my window to make it happen with powder coating.

Enthusiast
    What about the idea of paying a little more for them?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerch85 View Post
    What about the idea of paying a little more for them?
    The 5 preorders almost covers the costs to get the blades made and coated, if I could have gotten them early enough I could have placed the order. The issue I have right now is I don't have enough time left in VA to get this done prior to leaving. I apologize but I'm on the governments time at the moment and I don't have anyone familiar enough with the product locally to take over for me.

Enthusiast
    Oh well, we tried lol. I'm gonna see if Archer can make me some

If the interest arises again, I'm ready to buy a set of 4 in black powdercoat.

Come on John, make some more blades will you! I have 3000 miles on mine and they are holding on great! Mine came with free installation as well!

Enthusiast
    I am still hoping for a set. Hopefully it will happen in the fairly near future.

Enthusiast
    I think Kng is back on the government's time, away from home.

Enthusiast
    How is it that an "enthusiast" can sell stuff on here for free?. Kind of a slap against the vendors that pay to sell stuff here no? Sort of a double slap really... doesn't pay to be a member, and doesn't pay to be a vendor.
    Are we going to "selective" enforcement of the rules, or did I read them wrong.?
    Last edited by Shooter; 11-04-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Enthusiast
    Sorry you feel that way shooter but I don't make a living selling parts. In fact the community requested that I produce the parts for them, I originally made them for my car alone. Thinking in that manner will only deter folks from being creative and bringing new ideas for the older gens. In fact with the overall limited aftermarket with all vipers I would think supportive would be a better thought which I have been met with about 95 percent of the time.

On a side note I am currently on the governments time at least for the next year or more due to deployment and transferring again. Due to my hectic schedule and deployment status I will be unable to produce another batch of blades. Additionally depending where my next set of orders take me I may be selling the car, only time will tell. Seems pointless to store it for 3 years plus I have another kid on the way.

Enthusiast
    Selling the king snake??????

Enthusiast
    Possibly. We will see.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KNG SNKE View Post
    Sorry you feel that way shooter but I don't make a living selling parts. In fact the community requested that I produce the parts for them, I originally made them for my car alone. Thinking in that manner will only deter folks from being creative and bringing new ideas for the older gens. In fact with the overall limited aftermarket with all vipers I would think supportive would be a better thought which I have been met with about 95 percent of the time.

On a side note I am currently on the governments time at least for the next year or more due to deployment and transferring again. Due to my hectic schedule and deployment status I will be unable to produce another batch of blades. Additionally depending where my next set of orders take me I may be selling the car, only time will tell. Seems pointless to store it for 3 years plus I have another kid on the way.
    It's not "how I feel", it is the rules of this club (forum) far as I can tell. Lot's of other vendors offer products, yet "don't make a living selling parts" here. They still pay to sell parts and/or services here. Why should you or anyone else be any different.? Not being a paying member is no biggie to me, but selling parts and not being held to the same rules as the vendors that DO pay to be here and sell/advertise is.

As a matter of fact, the club officers posting in this thread, encouraging you to sell/make more, are also being disrespectful to the vendors that support this club.

I've said my piece. How it's handled from here, is up to y'all.

Enthusiast
    As far as I can tell there is nothing to be "handled". I'm not making them.

I don't disagree with your statements, I can just speak to the other side of the spectrum. With such a small profit margin I'd let the part die out before I would try to produce again if I was required to pay a large fee. Your/the communities loss, not mine.

Enthusiast
    Kng snake I agree about there is a difference between full business and a guy with the capability of making something out of his garage and selling it for a good price to members. I have done the same for years, I made sliders for suzuki katanas. Was only selling few here and there so I did make much. More for a affordable option for others in the group. I would have to agree with shooter on the fact that you would think that you would be at least be a club member to sell them here (respect thing) but not have to pay vendor/sponsor fees.

Regardless please make them again I want a set.
    Last edited by braunstein82; 11-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Enthusiast
    I actually have not sold a single one since this club has formed so it's a mute point. The membership aspect I agree with, no issues. I won't be producing them for a long time, that's for sure. I'm way to busy. Regardless I'm sure you understand my reluctance to join the club after it was formed from the other one. My issues aside I don't even drive my Viper anymore nor do I really log on to here, too busy. When I have time to enjoy my car and events again I may join.

Enthusiast
    I actually have not sold a single one since this club has formed so it's a mute point. The membership aspect I agree with, no issues. I won't be producing them for a long time, that's for sure. I'm way to busy. Regardless I'm sure you understand my reluctance to join the club after it was formed from the other one. My issues aside I don't even drive my Viper anymore nor do I really log on to here, too busy. When I have time to enjoy my car and events again I may join. I really enjoyed the NE club while I was a member for 3 years.

Enthusiast
    I think some of the issues of people not joining includes the fact that this club was formed from the previous one, and there's still an "uncomfortable feeling" about it. Not saying the leadership here is bad or the same, but there's still some relation there.

Second is the return from what you get from your paid dues. If for the most part you don't get a chance to join the local chapter, then what are you really paying for in terms of what you get? While I met some fantastic people in my local chapter and they were very welcoming, not getting a chance to join the local events due to work and personal items meant I pretty much paid for some really expensive magazines. Some of which came a year late.

The money is not the issue.

Enthusiast
    And hell, look back at the first page where I offered to do these for kngsnke so the members here could get what they were looking for, and I was looking to get rid of my last sets of projectors from the batches of 10 I need to buy (and then people don't pay up and I'm stuck with them). I have a job shop 2 miles from me that could make the blades and a powdercoater on site at my job. I wasn't going to benefit from it, I was just going to do the legwork since everything is close to me and kngsnke is a nice guy. And I expect that at some point in time in this life a favor can be called-in/returned from blade buyers.

Those are nice and the price is right.....I just got my Diffusers from Jiri and installed them a couple days ago..40 minutes work and everything fit perfect...he makes them for rear and side exhaust...I like the looks of the blades getting smaller as they go to the outside,if you have side exhaust you can get 8 blades...getting the gills next

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Enthusiast
    ^ Those are pretty neat

Enthusiast
    James430 - I just sent you a pm requesting info on where to get the diffusers that you have in the photos. Any help will be appreciated.

Here are a couple links...at the end of the video are some prices (cheaper now) and contact info...the other link is his products. Expensive but good stuff

http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewe...QG-raE&feature

http://www.cncartcut.com/Dodge-Viper-parts.html
    Last edited by James430; 11-11-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Enthusiast
    Seems there are a couple folks interested in me producing these again. I am back from deployment and I will be in VA during Thanksgiving so I can get a set made. Here are the prices

4 shipped no coating 100
    4 shipped black powder coating 140
    6 shipped no coating 140
    6 shipped black powder coating 200

The ones on my personal vehicle have been on there 4+ years and they were sprayed with primer and rustoleum satin black automotive paint. Not a chip, scratch or anything. Before I can place the order I need 5 sets pre-ordered and paid for. I get 56 blades per batch so that determines the amount of sets I have by orders. Also there is no mounting hardware included due to people's various tastes on how they want to mount them (I used automotive trim screws, some used rivets). If your interested shoot me a pm or post in here.

Here is a link to the installation.
    http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...s-writeup.html

http://s138.photobucket.com/user/pol...art=all&page=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5Y...FkNaxGf_vOo%3D

Pre-Orders
    Last edited by KNG SNKE; 10-22-2015 at 08:15 PM.

I will take a set of 6 with no coating. let me know via pm when you are ready for payment.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast