Enthusiast

2000-2002 ACR Dynamic Suspensions Shock Absorber Adjustment

In case you haven't looked, you might find the manual and tool for adjusting the 2000-2002 ACR Dynamic Suspensions Shock Absorbers in one of the seat back pockets. A drift punch of appropriate diameter will work as well as the pretty ACR tool.
    Below is a copy of the manual. Note that the recommended setting for height is 1/2" lower in the front than the rear for handling properties according to the factory service manual.
    8124ACRshocks.jpg

Continued..
    Last edited by AZTVR; 08-08-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Enthusiast
    Last edited by AZTVR; 08-08-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Enthusiast
    Thanks a bunch. Great info.

Does anyone have a rebuilding manual for these? Was it part of the 2000-2002 service manual?

Thank you so much for posting this, even though it was years ago. Just got an 02 ACR and it was missing the manual and tool and I needed a start to sort out a bouncy suspension!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002ACR View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this, even though it was years ago. Just got an 02 ACR and it was missing the manual and tool and I needed a start to sort out a bouncy suspension!
    You are welcome. The recommendation made to owners of these shocks was to change the rear springs from the stock 1100 pound springs to 850 pound springs. They were (and maybe still are) available from Jon at partsrack.com . However, by now, yours might have been changed or maybe your symptoms are indicative of them still being stock. They were the same manufacturer and look the same except for the markings shown in the following photo I took in Jan 2006 of the OE and the replacement springs. There was a paper label on the stock 1100 pound spring but I think that there was no painted/inked part number on the blue coil surface. The other thing that I would suggest doing is removing all of the shocks, removing the springs and check how the piston rod moves. These are known for needing to be rebuilt due to leaking oil seal or leaked gas charge and they were not built with a valve to check or recharge gas pressure. (If yours have a valve on the small cylinder, then that is a sign that they were rebuilt at some time.) I had the rears rebuilt once, and later the fronts showed signs of leakage and I found that they had no gas pressure. The rebuilder said that was the cause of the shock body piston getting scored to the point of needing to be replaced. There was no replacement part for that in 2011, so it would have needed to be remade, which the US distributor would have done, for $$$.

DS rear springs stock and AM.jpg

DS rear springs stock and AM 2.jpg
    Last edited by AZTVR; 05-30-2022 at 12:07 PM.