Conversation Between Pappy and Bluesilvercoupe

2 Visitor Messages

1. I recommend Mac's over the tire tie down straps. If your D-rings are in the right place (in front of and behind each tire, you can just clip them in and tighten with the provided ratchets. If the D-rings are not in suitable locations, Mac's makes short tracks that can be bolted to the floor to give you tie-down points. When I hauled on an open trailer, I used S-hooks (the kind that come on the end of safety chains) and put them in the angle iron jack points and attached ratchet straps to them. I crossed the straps in the rear and hooked them into D-rings near the back of the trailer. In the front, I just ran ratchet straps from both jack pads and attached them to D-rings at the front of the trailer. Using the angle iron jack pads kept the straps low so they did not hit the splitter or rear diffuser strakes.

Pappy
  2. My 06 coupe w/10 spoke rim in 24 closed trailer is tight so what is best to tie dwn it has 3 inch d rings & smaller d rings father away frm my frame holes strap hits frt bumper skin & how to strap rear all new to me
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2