PDA

View Full Version : Lowering an ACR

commandomatt
12-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey,

So, as far as lowering an ACR (2010), what is different considering the somewhat different suspension than on std Viper ?

I am not looking to go to far to make it unpractical to use, but just want to get it down a bit because I really like the look that much better

I would think its set up just right for tracking (maybe not) but this wont end up on the track much, if any at all.

If you have an ACR that's been lowered, show me some pics and let me know what you did.

Positive and Negative feedback both

Thanks

Matt

FLATOUT
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
If you're not concerned with ride hieght for different tracks then just lower it until you like the way it looks. I lowered mine for the street but when I got it out on the Autocross and road course I decided to raise it back up again to help with weight transfer and balance.

RedTanRT/10
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey,

So, as far as lowering an ACR (2010), what is different considering the somewhat different suspension than on std Viper ? I am not looking to go to far to make it unpractical to use, but just want to get it down a bit because I really like the look that much better

I would think its set up just right for tracking (maybe not) but this wont end up on the track much, if any at all.

If you have an ACR that's been lowered, show me some pics and let me know what you did.

Positive and Negative feedback both

Thanks

Matt

ACR's have height adjustable coilovers, standard vipers do not

commandomatt
12-08-2013, 05:05 PM
ACR's have height adjustable coilovers, standard vipers do not

How much will that allow me to lower the car ?

Matt

commandomatt
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
If you're not concerned with ride hieght for different tracks then just lower it until you like the way it looks. I lowered mine for the street but when I got it out on the Autocross and road course I decided to raise it back up again to help with weight transfer and balance.

Flat,

The image in your Avatar..is that stock height ?

Matt

RedTanRT/10
12-08-2013, 06:12 PM
How much will that allow me to lower the car ?

Matt

1 1/2" or more. Go on KW or MCS website and check it out

Here's mine

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/thumbs/fontana_1109_2.JPG (http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/55965/title/fontana-1109-2/cat/500)

commandomatt
12-08-2013, 06:43 PM
1 1/2" or more. Go on KW or MCS website and check it out

Here's mine

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/thumbs/fontana_1109_2.JPG (http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/55965/title/fontana-1109-2/cat/500)

That may be just right

Thanks

Matt

Late Apex
12-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I would not lower the ACR as its set nicely from the factory, however many owners including myself have adjusted the firmness off the shocks from the factory loose settings.

FLATOUT
12-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Flat,

The image in your Avatar..is that stock height ?

Matt

Hey Matt, yes that's still lower than stock, probably about 3/4 of an inch all the way around but retaining the factory rake. It was about another 1/2 lower than that when I bought it but I raised it up a hair. Car handles better now.

CERVEZA
12-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I lower my front end for looks on the street.... Take off the front wheels mark a spot on the lower spring support... Use the Allen wrench and tool in your glove box and take 5 complete turns out of the shock... It's going to change the alignment some so be careful... Also the front splitter is the biggest concern when doing this due to the cost of replacement!!! Be very cautious of curbs and driveway approaches.... It sure looks good though....

DreadLox
01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
If I lowered mine any bit at all I couldn't go anywhere! It's almost too low as it is, stinks because it does look way meaner lowered!

Leslie
01-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Soooo...from the factory, ride height is good?

I do love the look lowered a bit.

mjorgensen
01-14-2014, 08:51 AM
The ACR needs to have 1.2-1.5" of rake to work well and the front height at the frame wheel centerline should not be any less then 4". Another difference in the ACR from the regular coupe is the spring rates are much stiffer to support the aerodynamic down force and make the car more responsive.

ACR Steve
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM
If you lower the front and not adjust rear of your ACR. You will be upsetting the rake as Mark suggests. The result will be massive oversteer and 1 less ACR. Bring it to a qualified race/alignment shop

Bill Pemberton
01-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Mark is 100% correct and what he did not mention is some just go as far as they can and then the tires eat into the fender liners. They may be plastic, but the cost to replace is stratospheric.
Don't know exactly , but remember the last guy who got a set after rubbing them through took out a second mortgage!!!