PDA

View Full Version : ACR-X pricing

Simms
08-03-2015, 09:48 PM
If you can find one, what's a good expected price range?

XSnake
08-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Really depends on history and usage. 70k-90k You can get clones for less

SnakeOyl
08-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Call John Gastman at Roanoke Motors. He has one for sale. It's a real one and not a clone.

Simms
08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks. Other than avoiding one that has been seriously wrecked, anything else I should look for? Updates, issues, etc?

XSnake
08-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks. Other than avoiding one that has been seriously wrecked, anything else I should look for? Updates, issues, etc?

Most of them, especially if it was a series car have had the updates done. The collector owned ones, probably haven't. Just take a good look at the logbook. Dan Knox is selling his X since he's gone to a GT3-R.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lone-Star-Racing-Dan-Knox/631300090294662

Simms
08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Thanks! Looks like a great car. Thinking of selling my TT for a track only car.

zoomzoom22
08-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Thanks! Looks like a great car. Thinking of selling my TT for a track only car.

I am considering selling mine in a few months.
It was not a series race car. Private collector, owned initially by a Harley dealer that drove it on the street some and parked it insie his dealership on display. Was then bought by a gentleman driver that raced it once in viper cup (way off pace and I think last) and a couple of club races (in back as well). When I acquired it the car had 1802 miles. Only has 2700 now. I have raced it some since and done well with it.

Anyhow thinking about selling it. Some spares, 2 sets of the black OZ 18" wheels and either 2 or 3 sets (had them in storage since I bought car) of the sidewinder wheels also, all black. Car red and black.
All updates and have the bad boys clutch/slave/master/clutch stop full setup as well I added.

PM if interested. I'd say I am 85 percent sure I may sell it soon. Lap times from numerous tracks if interested as well as data and setup to owner :)

Shooter
08-20-2015, 02:20 AM
a track only car.

Definitely the best way to go. I am amazed at how much faster an ACRX is compared to the street Vipers I have owned.

Simms
08-20-2015, 01:50 PM
I am considering selling mine in a few months.
It was not a series race car. Private collector, owned initially by a Harley dealer that drove it on the street some and parked it insie his dealership on display. Was then bought by a gentleman driver that raced it once in viper cup (way off pace and I think last) and a couple of club races (in back as well). When I acquired it the car had 1802 miles. Only has 2700 now. I have raced it some since and done well with it.

Anyhow thinking about selling it. Some spares, 2 sets of the black OZ 18" wheels and either 2 or 3 sets (had them in storage since I bought car) of the sidewinder wheels also, all black. Car red and black.
All updates and have the bad boys clutch/slave/master/clutch stop full setup as well I added.

PM if interested. I'd say I am 85 percent sure I may sell it soon. Lap times from numerous tracks if interested as well as data and setup to owner :)

Can you PM me more info? Pics and asking price?

Thanks

FrankBarba
08-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Don't rule out the Comp Coupes....

Russ Oasis
08-21-2015, 11:31 AM
The Comp Coupe is a far superior car for the track. There's no comparison.

ACRucrazy
08-21-2015, 12:19 PM
As someone who is completely ignorant to racing or owning either, I would have to assume the cost of admission, maintenance and repair of both are not even the same. I'd have to think the X would be half?

Not that I wouldn't love to own either...

Dan Cragin
08-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Both the Comp Coupe and the ACRX are both very good race cars. The Comp Coupe is the real deal, while the ACRX is more of a SPEC car. Problem with the Comp Coupes is most examples are used up and need to be rebuilt.
I do know of a perfect ACRX we prepared for sale if interested. 310-597-6295

FrankBarba
08-21-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm sure that not all Comp Coupes are used up and need rebuilt.

Shooter
08-22-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm sure that not all Comp Coupes are used up and need rebuilt.

The ones that are original still need to be brought up to the latest body and aero spec though. And that's pricey.

XSnake
08-22-2015, 09:00 AM
The ones that are original still need to be brought up to the latest body and aero spec though. And that's pricey.

Anything for a comp coupe is pricey. Better race car but much more $$ to campaign

zoomzoom22
08-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Can you PM me more info? Pics and asking price?

Thanks

Done.

Funny people selling comp coupes saying they are better.
To each his own but as other said expenses to run. Also very limited what series you can race with and successfully race even fewer choices (if you care about that).

I personally don't think CC's and some when not even fully updated are worth 30% or more than X's. Me personally last NARRA event I was at, there were a lot of comp coupes and several that got damaged. Other than the Stoudts, only 1 other one was pretty and several were very hard ridden to look at.

Both are excellent cars.
My 2 cents.

Russ Oasis
08-22-2015, 09:35 PM
I have a comp coupe and and ACRX. Neither is for sale. Even the Comp Coupes with the original bodywork and aero are better cars than the ACRX on the track. Ask the guys who have raced them both.

Shooter
08-30-2015, 06:34 PM
I have a comp coupe and and ACRX. Neither is for sale. Even the Comp Coupes with the original bodywork and aero are better cars than the ACRX on the track. Ask the guys who have raced them both.

I don't think anyone is doubting that Russ. Price of admission and upkeep is more then some want to pay though. I was close to buying one, but after a little dose of reality (for me), the X is much more within my means. Both the initial cost, and the upkeep is more inline with my bank account :)

FrankBarba
08-30-2015, 07:56 PM
If your racing or tracking an X wouldn't the upkeep be the same ? Your still going thru tires, brakes, fluids, gas, wheels, the cost of admission is not really that far off.
Your still doing preventive maintenance, still doing alignments, your doing all the same things that a comp coupe owner would do. The only difference is
is you want to drive your X on the Street. If that is the case then the X is for you.

XSnake
08-30-2015, 09:15 PM
The only difference is if you want to drive your X on the Street. If that is the case then the X is for you.

ummm, not legally

FrankBarba
08-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Yes you are correct. They were only Track Cars....So i guess you'd still need to trailer her
just like you would a CC. (another added expense for both rides).

Scott Mannny
08-31-2015, 10:28 AM
ummm, not legally

I was wondering if you were going to comment about street driving??

XSnake
08-31-2015, 10:59 AM
I was wondering if you were going to comment about street driving??

I actually just pulled it back in the garage. Went to the gas station and warmed up the new Pirelli's a little bit ;)

Shooter
08-31-2015, 12:24 PM
I actually just pulled it back in the garage. Went to the gas station and warmed up the new Pirelli's a little bit ;)

A couple years back, a member here in Houston did that and got nailed by DPS. A Very hefty fine followed.

Bill Pemberton
08-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Great cars , and good examples of cost to run , etc., but the difference is just common sense. The Comp Coupe was done in the early 2000s and the ACR-X done somewhat close to a decade later. The difference in cost therefore is based more on replacement parts , than say the overall cost to attend a race. The ACR-X will be less money than the Comp Coupe to maintain over a period, as the parts are easier to acquire and less costly. Logically have to say that even though the Comp Coupe holds a special place in my heart, for various reasons, if I had to buy one of the two, I would probably look for an ACR-X.

GTR>Viper
12-09-2015, 03:54 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/2717150/2010-Dodge-Viper-ACR-X-.html

asking 95K

Mbccenter
12-09-2015, 06:05 PM
I went with a comp coupe but have not used it yet. Can get a deal on another :)

Simms
12-09-2015, 07:29 PM
I've seen X's from 75K to 110k.

- - - Updated - - -

I went with a comp coupe but have not used it yet. Can get a deal on another :)

PM me whatever you know.