PDA

View Full Version : Hendrick in Charleston SC

soulsea
07-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi,

Not sure if there are any Charleston SC area Viper owners on the board, but I am close to pulling the trigger on a Gen V ACR and I would like to know if anyone is familiar with this dealership's service competence in regards to Vipers. I live in MP and as you know this is the only Dodge dealership near me ... their sales staff has already failed me by knowing less about the vehicle I am seeking to purchase than do and they apparently haven't mastered the whole returning phone call thing (I'm not joking, their Viper salesman hasn't gotten back to me in a week since I met up with him). So I'm going probably going to order this vehicle through a national vendor and have it delivered, but only if I know that their service dept. is able to competently service it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PatrickB
07-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Ninjakris is in the area, perhaps he knows the dealer and can help?

soulsea
07-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks Patrick ... I sent him a PM

Mreeves
07-29-2015, 07:34 PM
I can take care of the order for you but I do not know about Hendricks service.

soulsea
07-29-2015, 07:48 PM
I can take care of the order for you but I do not know about Hendricks service.

Thank you.

This is the last but most important element of my research ... there's no point in having a world class track car if I can't have it conveniently/locally serviced with knowledgable and experienced techs. For better or for worse, and because this is a small city, I am 'hostage' to this dealership insofar as service is concerned, so I'm just trying to get some feedback on them before moving forward.

Ninjakris
07-30-2015, 07:33 AM
As far as I know, there is only one certified viper tech in the Charleston area. He's located at the Hendricks dealership in west Ashley on Hwy 17. I had a couple small warrantee things done on my Gen V, and they were pretty clear that the only person who would touch my car is the service writer to take it to the parking lot and the viper tech. They did the work and I had it back within the same day. I also know of an entire engine swap done by the same tech with no issues.

That said, unless its a warrantee job, I prefer to do the work on my own car. I'm more than happy to give you a hand if/when you want some help.

As for purchasing, I tried to make a deal on a 13' viper they had last year, and they were just too far apart on the price. I ended up getting my car for considerably less by buying out of state. I would definitely talk to Mreeves about a order. I can just about guarantee you will get the run around if you order locally. They just don't know anything about selling vipers.

I'll PM you my #. If you want to talk more about what to expect by getting into a Gen V, I'll gladly talk your ear off. If you want to check mine out and go for a ride/drive, I'm sure we can work something out as well. There are a few Gen V's running around, and probably close to 10 vipers in the Charleston area. Most of them aren't in this club or drive their cars much for that matter.

soulsea
07-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Thank you so much kris ... it's good to know that there's at least one qualified Viper tech locally.