PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts, Normal or Crazy?

DEMO MAN
07-29-2015, 02:48 PM
I am really looking for some different stuff we can do as a club, look thru these and let me know if anything interests you or better yet throw out your own crazy thoughts. As much as I enjoy the car stuff I'm all for trying anything else also. Add your thoughts to the list ( normal or crazy ), let's hear what activity you would be up for and let's plan some of them.

Normal stuff:

Local car shows/lunch/dinner
Disney's Dream Car Weekend
Big Daddy's ( Don Garlits ) Mopar Car Show ( great auto museum there also )
Mirror Lake Classic Car Show
Cruising either local or longer like to the Keys ( maybe S. FL would join in )
BBQ Cook Out
Gathering for us all to learn detail/maintenance tips from others ( indoors of course )
Ocean cruise, Bahamas or wherever
Charity Events

Slightly Crazy stuff ( in some opinions )

Drag Racing
Ocala Half Mile in Jan
Zipline ( there's a great one in Ocala, Canyon Zipline )
Horseback riding
Autocross ( these are everywhere )
Road Racing
Vegas or Biloxi MS trip
Offshore Fishing
Airboat Ride

Really Crazy stuff ( in 99.999% of people's opinions )

( your thoughts here )
1-

BlknBlu
07-29-2015, 03:01 PM
one of the local Mopar clubs here did a drive in movie night against the side ofa building and invited the Viper club to attend and gave cans of food to the food bank as a fundraiser.

Bruce

DEMO MAN
07-29-2015, 03:07 PM
one of the local Mopar clubs here did a drive in movie night against the side ofa building and invited the Viper club to attend and gave cans of food to the food bank as a fundraiser.

Bruce

Cool idea, we actually still have a drive in theater over in Tampa FL. Haven't been to one of those in years. Thanks for the input. I guess we could watch "Vanishing Point", that movie made me want a white Challenger for my entire life.

98intrigue
07-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I'll be going to Bradenton once it gets cooler to see how my car does in the 1/4 mile.
I plan to attend the 1/2 mile event in Ocala - attended this year and enjoyed it.
I would like to try road racing soon now that I have a capable car.
I try to plan monthly cruises to lunch in the Tampa area (have had 5-8 cars each time so far, usually 2-3 Vipers in that group).
I'd be open to some of the other ideas you listed above, but I just don't know of any VOA members in the Tampa area.

DEMO MAN
07-30-2015, 08:00 AM
I'll be going to Bradenton once it gets cooler to see how my car does in the 1/4 mile.
I plan to attend the 1/2 mile event in Ocala - attended this year and enjoyed it.
I would like to try road racing soon now that I have a capable car.
I try to plan monthly cruises to lunch in the Tampa area (have had 5-8 cars each time so far, usually 2-3 Vipers in that group).
I'd be open to some of the other ideas you listed above, but I just don't know of any VOA members in the Tampa area.

I know myself and a few others plan to run the Ocala 1/2 mile event in Jan, maybe we can get a list together and plan a dinner up that way along with some discounted hotel rooms. I wouldn't mind meeting up for one of your cruises for lunch around Tampa area, let me know when your next one is planned. I know a few others that might be interested if you don't mind the crowd. My goal is to get others interested in a monthly event around the state, hopefully others are interested as well and we can put together a schedule.

XSnake
07-30-2015, 08:14 AM
I have a client that owns a zipline park over on the west side of Kissimmee. I can talk to them if it's something were interested in.
As for the 1/2 mile event, it's usually on the same weekend as the Rolex 24 so that an easy choice for me personally.
We can always do karting as well. Good tracks in Ocala, Orlando, and Tampa.

DEMO MAN
07-30-2015, 08:23 AM
I have a client that owns a zipline park over on the west side of Kissimmee. I can talk to them if it's something were interested in.
As for the 1/2 mile event, it's usually on the same weekend as the Rolex 24 so that an easy choice for me personally.
We can always do karting as well. Good tracks in Ocala, Orlando, and Tampa.

I like that thought on the zipline, could you ask him what he would do for a group. I would hope we could put together 10-12 people or more

98intrigue
07-30-2015, 08:53 AM
I know myself and a few others plan to run the Ocala 1/2 mile event in Jan, maybe we can get a list together and plan a dinner up that way along with some discounted hotel rooms. I wouldn't mind meeting up for one of your cruises for lunch around Tampa area, let me know when your next one is planned. I know a few others that might be interested if you don't mind the crowd. My goal is to get others interested in a monthly event around the state, hopefully others are interested as well and we can put together a schedule.
I was upset that I didn't participate in the 1/2 mile this year, so I'll most likely sign up for next year's event. Since Ocala is only 2hrs from me, I doubt I'll stay overnight though. One day of watching 1/2 mile racing was enough for me. I'd be interested in a dinner though.

I'll make a post here in the CFL section when I plan the next cruise. The more, the merrier!

DEMO MAN
07-30-2015, 09:00 AM
I was upset that I didn't participate in the 1/2 mile this year, so I'll most likely sign up for next year's event. Since Ocala is only 2hrs from me, I doubt I'll stay overnight though. One day of watching 1/2 mile racing was enough for me. I'd be interested in a dinner though.

I'll make a post here in the CFL section when I plan the next cruise. The more, the merrier!

Sounds like a plan to me. Ocala is even closer for us but we will probably stay overnight. There was a really cool B&B in Ocala ( built in 1800s ), suppose to be haunted, we stayed last time we were up there. Guy even gave us a discount and we only had (2) Vipers show up. We will probably stay there again, you can check it out if you decide to stay. It's called Seven Sisters Inn.

ViperPete
07-30-2015, 01:32 PM
There is a drive-in movie theater here too. Ocala FL. Well its actually ike 10 mins away in belleview.

There is also the Ocala GP- great karting track and they just got the Rotrax karts. Bastards are quick!

Don Garlitz Mopar show in November too.

Rainbow River- snorkeling, kayaking, tubing, great for picnic type adventure too.

If I'm off I'm down for normal / crazy whatever!

Zulu
07-30-2015, 06:11 PM
There is a autocross event on 8/23 at orange county convention center with Martin Sports Car club
www.martinscc.org

DEMO MAN
08-04-2015, 02:10 PM
This is what I have so far for the two car shows:

Longwood show on Saturday August 8th
David
Pat
Dave

Lake Mary show on Sunday August 9th
David
Dave

Anyone else interested in coming please let me know. We can pick a place for lunch later this week.

MoparBoyy
08-05-2015, 07:15 AM
My car is currently in pieces on my garage floor. if i get it together, i will be coming to one of those events.

DEMO MAN
08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
My car is currently in pieces on my garage floor. if i get it together, i will be coming to one of those events.

I know a good Viper tech if you need some help :)

No hemi
08-06-2015, 09:17 AM
AHHHH... I wish I lived in florida.....

DEMO MAN
08-06-2015, 12:30 PM
AHHHH... I wish I lived in florida.....

Keep working on it, could use another Viper down here.

Vipes
08-06-2015, 01:16 PM
I'd like to start out normal then work my way up, haha. :)

98intrigue
08-06-2015, 01:22 PM
DuPont Cars & Coffee is next Saturday 8/15

DEMO MAN
08-06-2015, 02:30 PM
I'd like to start out normal then work my way up, haha. :)

I went thru normal phase pretty quickly so I tend to stay on the border of crazy/really crazy!

DEMO MAN
08-06-2015, 02:31 PM
DuPont Cars & Coffee is next Saturday 8/15

I would be interested in coming over. Can you let me know the details, where, when, etc

98intrigue
08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
The event is held from 7-9am every 3rd Saturday of the month. This month, there will be an after party at Dimmitt Motorcars (about 10 minutes away) where they are having Tampa Aquarium bring out some "aquatic friends".

3051 Tech Dr. N
Saint Petersburg, Florida

LATAMUD
08-06-2015, 09:41 PM
I lost a week to the rain, truck was stuck in the mud all week and couldn't get anything done. I would normally do the DuPont Cars and Coffee but I'm already committed to the Flatout event at Roebling that weekend. I'm playing catchup prepping the 97 for that. My office scheduled an offshore fishing trip during that weekend too, I'm the only one not going on the fishing trip from my office.

Couple weeks ago, in Ocala, took family out to airboat tour. We saw a handful of gators. It would not be worth it to do just the airboat trip, this would have to be paired with another event to make it worth while in my opinion. Maybe combined with a car show or if zip line is a half day event.

I'm game for drag racing too if we can plan it out a couple weeks in advance. Honestly, I'm trying to participate at least once a month.

For Tampa area, kainedogg and I both work at the same facility, there's actually 3 Viper owners that work in the same complex but one is in Afghanistan right now. We all live within 15-20 minutes of each other too.