PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change At Midland MI Dodge Dealer (Feeny)

GdBye
07-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Just a shout out to anyone in the tri city area of Michigan considering taking your Viper to this dealer. I'll tell you the story and you make up your own mind...Today I took my 2003 Dodge Viper into this dealer to have the oil changed. After the work was completed, I looked at the invoice and noticed that I was charged for 8 quarts and spoke to the Service Manager. I informed him that it took approximately 10 1/2 quarts to fill it. He said I was wrong and that their "Viper Tech" had changed the oil on Vipers before and knew his stuff. I told him to check the manufacturers specs because he was wrong. The Service Manager looked it up and then said "You are right, it takes 11 quarts according to the manufacturers specs." So...he took my keys and took the car back into the shop service area and came back in 5 minutes and told me that the Viper Tech was correct that it only took 8 quarts but he was able to squeeze in another quart for a total of 9 quarts of oil. I told him that this wasn't the first time I had the oil changed and had personally watched as more than 10 quarts were used in the past at another oil change locations. Both the Service Manager and the "Tech" shrugged their shoulders. My guess is that the "Tech" did not put enough oil in it and the Service Manager helped him cover it up by adding oil afterwards but that's just my opinion. They did make sure they adjusted their invoice though to charge for the extra quart of oil. I would much rather have been told that a mistake was made vs. being told it was a mystery as to why my Viper took less oil than the manufacturer requires. It was also a nice touch when the Service Manager told me that the parts weren't available for the latest recall but they would let me know when they arrive so that I could have the work completed at their dealership. If anyone knows of a good Viper Tech in the Saginaw, Bay City, Mount Pleasant area, please let me know. Thanks.