PDA

View Full Version : Did I find a match?

C-Bass
07-23-2015, 11:33 PM
I had a wing listed in the ads section as an ACR wing for a couple of days. Thanks to the help of a couple of you looking out for me, and not bashing my ignorance, I was able to determine that what I had been told (at no fault to their own) was misguided. It is NOT an ACR wing after all. It looks like it at first glance though. It has the same style stanchions at least. The side plates and wing itself were the giveaways though. I do apologize for this as I'd never actually seen an ACR up close. It's all in the details apparently.
Now, after searching many many sites I think I may have finally found a match to my wing. It looks as if it is the one sold at the Viper store online as part of a full kit. Please take a look at these and help me confirm this. I would greatly appreciate it, as I will be emailing them and requesting a price on the replacement brackets that were broke when I got it, and so I can better equip myself with a good listing price and info for my ad to sell this. Thanks for your help.
Where I found them: http://theviperstore.com/Pictures_Viper3-4_Factory_Spoiler_Kit.htm

SNKEBIT
07-24-2015, 06:33 AM
If you are wondering if the orange wing and the red/white are the same, they are not.

C-Bass
07-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Yeah...I started noticing the differences after I posted and started looking at the pics again. Its the ONLY one I can find on the internet that has the same side plates and stanchions as the one I'm trying to sell. I'm literally at the point of just throwing it on craigslist here in Seattle for the tuner kids to fight over. I'm at my wits end with trying to figure this out.

Ninjakris
07-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Check out this old thread from a different site. Specifically the wing. My first thought when I was looking at your wing was it is the same as a 2006 VOI edition with the factory aero. I think there was only like 16 made or something like that. The wing looks very similar from the couple angles he posted.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-iii/95398-just-bought-2006-voi.html

thoughts?

C-Bass
07-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Ninjakris! Thank you! I think that might be it! When the original owner put the 08 coupe body on from chrysler (my 03 comes up as a coupe in Dodges system when I input the VIN), they must have got the VOI wing with it (explains the heavy duty ACR support struts). Is there any possible way to confirm this? It also explains why the brackets are identical to the ACR wings brackets too.

C-Bass
07-24-2015, 05:50 PM
I'll post pics in a few but I googled the VOI 9 edition wing and found pics of a VOI 9 edition on dodgeviperhistoricalsociety website and zoomed in on the stanchion holes for wing adjustment. Same exact pattern. 2 rows of 3 holes vice the ACR circle pattern. I'm now 99% sure this is what it is! I am assuming the brackets on the wing are same as the ACR so I'll look into that next.

Ninjakris
07-24-2015, 06:49 PM
C-bass I'm with you on thinking it's the same wing. One of our members here, Brian-GTS has or used to have one of those VOI cars and I sent him a PM asking to look at this thread as he might be able to verify even more. I hope I helped you a little on your search.

C-Bass
07-24-2015, 10:59 PM
That is awesome Ninjakris. Again, thanks to all who helped me with this. Like I have said, i would hate to ruin my rep with the club before I can get a chance to become a member. Hopefully Brian-GTS can verify yea or nay. Here are some more cross reference pics to help.

Brian GTS
07-29-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm not in town, but will be back tomorrow. I can take some measurements and snap some pics for you. In the meantime, can you provide some dimensions of your wing, end plates, and stantions?

At first glance, I didn't think it was the same as my end plates looked a bit different, but I'll double check. There were a few of the 16 cars that the owner opted not to have the wing installed, but the factory provided it to the owner separately. I know there is one car out there with a wing unaccounted for based on Stretch's research. If this is the missing wing, it would be cool to marry the wing back to the original car. We'll see.

Brian GTS
08-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Here's a couple pics of the VOI 9 Prefix wing

C-Bass
08-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Thanks Brian GTS. Yeah, the more and more I look at pics of them, I am led to believe that is what I have. Here are some pictures of some dimensions.
Wing: 58 ½" x 10 ½"
Stanchions: 8 ½" x 5 ½"
end plates: top-13 ⅝" Bottom- 5" Front- 10" Back- 8"
Mount brackets on wing: 6 ¼" x 2 ¼"

*all dimensions are approximate

Shooter
08-04-2015, 12:49 PM
That looks like 1 of the wing's Snake Oyl sells. I know it looks smaller then my Gen 4 Aero Coupe wing. Have you asked JonB?. I bet he knows.

C-Bass
08-05-2015, 12:06 AM
That looks like 1 of the wing's Snake Oyl sells. I know it looks smaller then my Gen 4 Aero Coupe wing. Have you asked JonB?. I bet he knows.

While they are close, the wing has a different shape and the stanchions are different with different bolt patterns. Thanks for looking though.

Vprbite
10-17-2015, 04:06 AM
You are sure it isn't the wing from the "aero coupe"? Not the special VOI coupe, but the Gen IV Aero Coupe. Kinda an ACR light. I don't think they made too many because you rarely see them. One of our Arizona members has one in SSG and it's the only one I have seen in person. And I only have ever seen one up for sale on the site. But it was an official dodge part. It was a portion of the Aero package. Just not as massive as the ACR wing.

Shooter
10-17-2015, 10:04 AM
You are sure it isn't the wing from the "aero coupe"? Not the special VOI coupe, but the Gen IV Aero Coupe. Kinda an ACR light. I don't think they made too many because you rarely see them. One of our Arizona members has one in SSG and it's the only one I have seen in person. And I only have ever seen one up for sale on the site. But it was an official dodge part. It was a portion of the Aero package. Just not as massive as the ACR wing.

It doesn't look like an Aero Coupe wing. It looks smaller.

steve911
10-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Prefix Wing

C-Bass
10-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah its a Prefix wing. Still for sale too. I'm going with an Autofom T/A spoiler. I've seen them for sale for $1500 in perfect condition. Selling for the price of a new satin black Autoform T/A Spoiler.