PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder wheel touch up paint

viperr
07-17-2015, 04:54 PM
I have a set of nice new polished Sidewinder wheels on my 99 RT-10 and after 4,000 miles I seem to have been attacked by some evil pebbles and got a couple of nicks on the painted portion of my Sidewinders . It may have been covered before, but can anyone tell the paint code for the slate grey looking parts on my wheels. I really love them, but can't stand to have them looking bad. Thanks

viperr
07-30-2015, 11:32 AM
First off I wanted to make sure to tell you that the wheels I have are actually VENOM wheels. I said sidewinder, but Jon B reminded me that I had gotten Venom wheels from him. I chased around with Dodge customer service and Mopar parts, but the paint code wasn't something that they could get. I decided to check with Jon B and he was able to give me a very likely color for my painted parts of the wheels. He said his best guess was graphite metallic. He suggested getting a small touch up bottle from my local auto parts store and check it out. It was only 8 bucks and it matched perfectly. The color code is PDR which I believe is for the 2010 Viper. You may never get chips on your wheels, but in case you do here is the correct color.

Thanks again to Jon B for all his help on this problem.

BJG32
07-31-2015, 01:06 PM
FYI... The name of a matched paint is "Hyperblack" JXY-W is the paint code for touch up paint. No paint is a true match for this color.

The only real way to get the hyper blackmatch for larger damage is to do the true process. It requires a special hyperblack coating on gloss black paint. I do this coating on my centercap modification to make them match the wheels.