PDA

View Full Version : Possible C7 Z06 detail

Ev1E9
12-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I just posted this on the VCA website. I thought I'd post it here too. AUTOBLOG just released a story regarding the C7 Corvette Z06. At the end of the article they confirmed the picture of the C7 is a photoshop. However, they believe the picture of the engine is accurate. If that is true the next Z06 appears to be supercharged:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/06/2015-chevy-corvette-z06-leaked-photo/

VoodooRob
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... Hey wake up SRT, where are the ACR teasers?

6th-Element
12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... Hey wake up SRT, where are the ACR teasers?

Quote SRT "We gots 1450 more cars to sell before we have an ACR budget"

VRYALT3R3D
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
My guess is the earliest we will see the ACR is 2015MY or 2016MY.

99RT10
12-06-2013, 04:02 PM
We wont see an ACR. IF IT CAN'T BE THE STREET KILLER IT NEEDS TO BE, DON'T BOTHER. Must look just like the race cars and have 700HP.

V10LEE
12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I saw that on the corvette forum . Badass motor I can't wait to see the full details..

ViperSmith
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
We wont see an ACR. IF IT CAN'T BE THE STREET KILLER IT NEEDS TO BE, DON'T BOTHER. Must look just like the race cars and have 700HP.

We don't really need the negative nancy stuff. Wait and see what SRT does.

Since when is the ACR a street killer? It is a track monster.

05Commemorative
12-06-2013, 07:03 PM

Exactly. never was a street killer. Maybe a street poser, but get on the track, up to speed and let the aero do its job, amazing.

btw, nobody get offended by my poser comment, just more the point that the aero items (big wing and canards) not really practical on the street until speeds way above what would be legal or safe, but look impressive.

Troublemaker
12-06-2013, 07:25 PM

I don't think he is being negative, if they can't do it right for whatever reason, don't do it at all.

slitherv10
12-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't think he is being negative, if they can't do it right for whatever reason, don't do it at all.

I think what he is trying to say is that most of us relate this car to the street, as we spend 90% of our time there. Saying that it should be a track monster is irrelevant to most of us. You know that Mr Smith as you mentioned it yourself that they should concentrate on the street cars to grab the bigger market and get these babies sold.

VENOM V
12-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I think what he is trying to say is that most of us relate this car to the street, as we spend 90% of our time there. Saying that it should be a track monster is irrelevant to most of us. You know that Mr Smith as you mentioned it yourself that they should concentrate on the street cars to grab the bigger market and get these babies sold.

I don't relate the ACR to the street, I relate it to it's history of road course domination. That's what the design team focused on, specifically on the ACR. Sure it's fast on the street and at the drags, but those were not mission # 1 for the ACR. Plenty of all wheel drive cars that are faster than the Viper 0 to 60. But the ACR's focus will be clearly the road course.

boostsaves
12-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I hope this motivates SRT to respond!

Policy Limits
12-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Maybe the modern day ACR is the TA. If the z06 can beat the TA, that will be something. Then there's no question we need a new ACR to battle the inevitable C7 ZR1, which I'm guessing will be stupid fast

slitherv10
12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't relate the ACR to the street, I relate it to it's history of road course domination. That's what the design team focused on, specifically on the ACR. Sure it's fast on the street and at the drags, but those were not mission # 1 for the ACR. Plenty of all wheel drive cars that are faster than the Viper 0 to 60. But the ACR's focus will be clearly the road course.

Don't think you got the point. That's ok. Carry on.

ViperSmith
12-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe the modern day ACR is the TA. If the z06 can beat the TA, that will be something. Then there's no question we need a new ACR to battle the inevitable C7 ZR1, which I'm guessing will be stupid fast

Z06 press release hinted there isn't going to be a ZR1... Will be interesting to see.

Lets see if the Z06 can best the TA at Laguna Seca, I'd bet you a beer it won't!

ViperSmith
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM

I never said a word about street racing. My statements in the thread about the Gen V ACR were clear - SRT should concentrate on what buyers can do on domestic raceways.