PDA

View Full Version : Event Planning Committee

DEMO MAN
07-14-2015, 08:28 AM
EVENT PLANNING COMMITTEE FOR CENTRAL/NORTHERN FL CLUB
I wanted to see if the club members were interested in a monthly event calendar put together by a planning committee made up of members from across our region. I recently discussed this with some members in the Orlando and Ocala area and they have agreed to be on this committee. What we would like to have is maybe 1-2 members from Orlando, Ocala, JAX, Tampa, and the Panhandle to plan a monthly event for all club members and to spread out these events across the state so that we are including everyone. We are so spread out it is tough for us all to get together due to distance and we want to give those in the outlying areas a chance to have an event in your area. I realize not everyone will be able to attend each event but I think it will benefit all of us to try and attend a few events outside our area throughout the year. These events can run from a simple dinner get together, car show, to a weekend of racing. We want to offer up a variety so that everyone will be able to find something that appeals to them. Please give me your thoughts on this and if anyone is interested in being a part of the committee or has a suggestion please let me know.
-Alex

The above was sent out by Alex last week to gauge the interest in putting together a committee of members thru-out our region to plan more events for our club. We would like to have maybe (1) event per month and spread these thru-out the state so that everyone has opportunity to enjoy. So far we have had several members express an interest but we still need some more especially from the JAX and Panhandle areas. Please let me know if you would be able to help out with this. The idea situation would be to have someone in the area of the event that has that local knowledge and can help set up these events and make suggestions for daily activities. At this point we have the following members interested:

David-Orlando
John-Orlando
Pete-Ocala
Bart-Tampa
Ryan-Tampa

I know Alex has planned on Dream Cars Weekend at Disney on Sept 4th thru the 6th. Check it out at www.dreamcarsweekend.com , they have reduced room rates set up already. It's a great event with a lot of activities. Let us know if you plan to attend.

We discussed maybe making the Ocala half mile on Jan 23/24, 2016 an event also if there is interest. Check it out at http://www.wannagofast.com/ocala.php and let us know if your interested. We will set up some discounted rooms in the area and plan other stuff like dinner etc for the group.

Once we have set up the committee we want the club members to make suggestions etc on what you guys want to do. It can be anything from a local car show, a weekend event that's in your area or stuff that's unrelated to cars. Please let us know what event you would enjoy doing with a bunch of other Viper owners.

We planned on having our first meeting in a few weeks in North Daytona Beach area to get this started. We would like to invite anyone interested to come over, even if your not interested in being on the committee please feel free to join us for a nice relaxing weekend at the beach on July 24th to the 26th. We will work on some discounted rooms and plan dinners etc for the group. Maybe make a trip over to Speed Park Motorsports to race some carts and dragsters after dinner. Check it out at www.speedpark.com

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone at some future events.

ViperPete
07-14-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm IN.

November 7-8th Mopar's with Big Daddy Don Garlitz. Was a great turn out last year. Saw like 4 Vipers while I was there and a Viper Truck.

Id also like to travel to some of the large cities and have meet with my fellow Viper owners.

DEMO MAN
07-14-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm IN.

November 7-8th Mopar's with Big Daddy Don Garlitz. Was a great turn out last year. Saw like 4 Vipers while I was there and a Viper Truck.

I did that event a few years back, there were 2 of us Vipers there. I had my old Gen 3 there and another had his 2010 SSG ACR, I was second in that class, lol.

MoparBoyy
07-15-2015, 08:09 AM
I forgot about the Don Garlits show, i really want to go to that. its been too long since i've been there.

XSnake
07-15-2015, 08:43 AM
I know the Lake Mirror Classic is also coming up within the next couple of months. That usually a pretty big show

DEMO MAN
07-15-2015, 09:38 AM
I forgot about the Don Garlits show, i really want to go to that. its been too long since i've been there.

It will be on the calender for sure, it's a great show and when a bunch of Vipers pull in it will be even better.

DEMO MAN
07-15-2015, 09:42 AM
I know the Lake Mirror Classic is also coming up within the next couple of months. That usually a pretty big show

That is great event in Lakeland, FL. We should add it to the calender also. Everyone check it out at http://www.lakemirrorclassic.com/schedule-of-events.html and let us know if your interested. We can work on some discounted rooms/dinner plans for all who want to come.

ViperPete
07-15-2015, 09:44 PM
If i have off, i wanna go to everything!