PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Painting/Powder Coating Recommendations?

drewsss
07-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Hey all,

Just picked up a set of used Forgelines online and they were a little more scraped up than I thought.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shop that can paint or powder coat them?

Looking for quality (and, *ahem*, reasonable cost as well)...

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/senorzee/Wheel.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/senorzee/media/Wheel.jpg.html)

Thanks,
Drew

nrs1
07-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Elite Automotive Finishes does great work. They are in Mesa, (480) 644-0060

drewsss
07-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Great - thanks!

Vprbite
07-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Thhe place in tucson that I like paints them for 125 per wheel. PC they would have to send out though.

drewsss
07-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Thanks Jeff. Found a place at 19th Ave & Rose Garden (Glendale) that will mask and PC for only $50 a wheel. It was actually a referral from Elite Automotive Finishes, above. Looks like I'm all set!

LeadfootRT10
07-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks Jeff. Found a place at 19th Ave & Rose Garden (Glendale) that will mask and PC for only $50 a wheel. It was actually a referral from Elite Automotive Finishes, above. Looks like I'm all set!

You'll have to let us know how they came out. That's a hell of a deal.

drewsss
07-16-2015, 08:42 PM
The company is called "Controlled Coatings"...will do.

Rocket
07-16-2015, 09:53 PM
What he said! I have a set of 6 spokes on my Viper that are Plastidipped black right now. Plan to PC shortly when it's time to change shoes.

You'll have to let us know how they came out. That's a hell of a deal.

Hotrodder00
08-03-2015, 11:44 PM
I used Glendale powder coating. If was 500 for all 4, but 100-150 of that was because they had to be chemically stripped due to the textured finish of the precious paint......however, great quality!

drewsss
08-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info! ^^^

Vprbite
08-18-2015, 01:27 PM
I used Glendale powder coating. If was 500 for all 4, but 100-150 of that was because they had to be chemically stripped due to the textured finish of the precious paint......however, great quality!

I think that's pretty reasonable. Especially for good work.

Vprbite
08-18-2015, 01:28 PM

That's not a deal. That's frickin incredible. I can't believe how low that is. Perhaps because no intense prep work needed? Or is that the policy on all wheels?

drewsss
08-23-2015, 09:12 PM
That's not a deal. That's frickin incredible. I can't believe how low that is. Perhaps because no intense prep work needed? Or is that the policy on all wheels?

That deal did not include sand blasting, but only Scotchbrite removal. But, for comparison purposes, I am taking my other four wheels (the ones with painted yellow spokes) to have them sandblast and powdercoat all gloss black, and they will be charging ~ $80/wheel total for both processes. I think they are still pretty competitive from the other companies I've pinged.

99RT10
08-23-2015, 10:46 PM
If you get up with Chip Winter here on the VOA(TN member), he does all kinds of wheel work. Extremely reasonable too.

drewsss
08-28-2015, 05:11 PM

Quick update - after dropping off my wheels at Controlled Coatings and waiting for almost a week, they came back and told me that it would be $150/wheel just to sandblast, and another $100/wheel to powder coat. This after being promised that it was only going to be $50/wheel, total.

&%$*@

Hotrodder - I want to thank you for your referral to Glendale Powder Coating. I picked up my wheels during lunch and them brought them immediately over to Glendale PC. I met with Paul over there (nice guy, but unfortunately is a Seahawks fan), and he will only charge $320 for all four wheels (sandblast, PC). He also expects them to be done by Monday or Tuesday. Great service and great price! Can't wait to get my bumblebee off of the jackstands!

LeadfootRT10
08-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Quick update - after dropping off my wheels at Controlled Coatings and waiting for almost a week, they came back and told me that it would be $150/wheel just to sandblast, and another $100/wheel to powder coat. This after being promised that it was only going to be $50/wheel, total.

&%$*@

Hotrodder - I want to thank you for your referral to Glendale Powder Coating. I picked up my wheels during lunch and them brought them immediately over to Glendale PC. I met with Paul over there (nice guy, but unfortunately is a Seahawks fan), and he will only charge $320 for all four wheels (sandblast, PC). He also expects them to be done by Monday or Tuesday. Great service and great price! Can't wait to get my bumblebee off of the jackstands!

WOW! talk about a hustle!!! $320 is a pretty fair price for a set.

Vprbite
08-29-2015, 04:06 AM
I guess that was one of those "if it sounds too good to be true..." Scenarios. 50 per wheel is so cheap I was shocked. Turned out it was a bit of a snooker.

320 is a pretty good deal, especially for quality work. Post up pics of the result.