PDA

View Full Version : Small request for a UK owner

scottyp89
07-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been a massive fan of the Dodge Viper since I was 10 and haven't really seen many of them about in the UK, I've seen more RAM trucks than Vipers :)

I'll be getting married in 2017 and have been trying to track down car hire for a Viper that I can arrive in and have on display outside of the venue (still TBD). Would anyone be willing to either let me borrow and drive their Viper for the day, or if not be willing to drive me to the venue then hang around for a few hours so I can get some photos with the car? Our current favourite venue is a 60 mile trip from my house so I'd obviously be willing to be pay for fuel and a bit extra.

I'd really like an SRT-10 or a GTS, I've seen some pics of a GTS-R in the UK too which would be awesome, but a Viper is a Viper and that would be awesome! I know it's a way off yet, but it gives me more time to find one.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Vprbite
07-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Hello, Private Message a guy named Fatboy18 on here. He has a Viper done up like the Oreca cars that won at lemams. Correct badging too. Also, baz_UK should be able to help you out., but on Fatboy18 first. I think he is pretty well connected as far as which Vipers are where.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Good luck with your quest.

G37Sam
07-13-2015, 12:47 AM
Congrats on getting married and welcome aboard.

If I were you, I'd honestly skip on the "Viper favor" for the wedding. A friend borrowed a friends R8 for his wedding and photoshoot and brought it back with a scratch. The bride also had a very hard time getting in an out of the car and I'm pretty sure she left a beating on the interior. It got awkward, you do not want to be that person.

Just rent an exotic from any local rent-a-car, beat on it and return it. Save the Viper drive for when you're alone with the owner so you can really enjoy the drive without risking it. My 2 cents.

scottyp89
07-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

@G37Sam - I'm after someone to drive me to the venue, have it parked out front for a few hours and then the owner can leave with the car, the bride won't be going near it (she has no interest), this is purely for some photos outside the front of the venue and an opportunity for me to get up close to a car I've wanted for the last 16 years.

Fatboy 18
07-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Ok, I'm on vacation at the moment will continue this conversation next week :-)

Fatboy 18
07-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Got a bit of free time this morning.
You mention a possible venue 60 miles from your home. But you don't mention your location, where are you in the UK?

scottyp89
07-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi Fatboy 18, I'm in Dunstable, a few miles from Luton in Bedfordshire.

Fatboy 18
07-16-2015, 02:45 PM
Ok there's a few vipers tucked away in that area :-) it will all depend on dates. Make sure you don't pick the Le Mans 24hr weekend ;-)

scottyp89
07-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Awesome. Looking to be at the end of April 2017 currently, but will know more in the coming months :)

shnickerlaus
09-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Scotty I live in south west london so not too far away from you, I have got a few vipers in my current fleet but 2017 is a long way off yet and I chop and change fairly regularly. I've got a 02 gts but I'm trying to sell that so not likely to be around for the wedding, but I also have a 2010 acr which I will likely upgrade to the current 15 acr once I've had fun with it for a year or two. So assuming I still own a viper come your wedding day id be willing to take you for a ride and leave the car for display and photos. Pm me further if interested.

Nick

VIPER BAZ UK
09-17-2015, 06:34 AM
I'm about 10 mins away from you nr Toddington.....

Vprbite
09-17-2015, 07:47 AM
I knew you UK Viper guys would come through for him. You guys drive on the wrong side of the road, but other than that, you are alright. I mean, minus that "branston pickle" garbage. I swear that is the stuff I clean out of my rain gutters.

shnickerlaus
09-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Your right about the Branston pickle I hate it, wrong about the driving on wrong side of the road tough, although now I drive mostly lhd cars I do wish the uk would just follow the rear of the world.