PDA

View Full Version : Race Circuit of the Americas Track Weekend 2015

TexasTonka
07-07-2015, 01:43 PM
With last year being such a success and everyone having such a great time at COTA in 2014 at Bucket List #1, I have worked a discount deal to bring you a weekend at COTA again for 2015! This will not be a VOA event but rather a discount to join a Edge Addicts managed event. COTA is a world renowned track and I've asked Edge Addicts Motorsport event management for a special discount for VOA members to return in 2015. Many of you may remember Karen and Trevor last year running around making sure everything was working like clockwork, they really do an amazing job and helped Yvette and I pull off the event last year. Edge Addicts has already rented the track for September 5th and 6th, an entire weekend right at the end of Summer. They have blocked out a group of spots just for VOA members, you can choose either Saturday or Sunday or BOTH days when you register, you can choose to have a garage and pay to have an instructor if you are not solo qualified. There are a lot of options so read over them carefully. Our discount that Edge Addicts is extending to any VOA member is 10% off. The code for VOA members when you register on Edge Addicts website is viper10 All people using that code will be verified before the track weekend to ensure they are current VOA members, if you are not a current member you will not get the discount.

You may register here (http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12): http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12

And don't forget to use discount code viper10

We will see ya'll this September!

Yvette and I are also negotiating room blocks as well, we will get out hotel info to you soon.

XSnake
07-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Registered

TexasTonka
07-07-2015, 02:17 PM
That was fast!

FLATOUT
07-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Oh Damn!

TexasTonka
07-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Oh Damn!

Fun stuff! Entire weekend!

Herrsss
07-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Oh Damn!

Oh Damn is right . . . we have tickets to the A&M vs. Arizona State game on the 5th - bummer . . . this is one of our more favorite tracks because it's a fast one!!

Dusty1
07-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Crap, already have football tickets to see my Aggies and ASU here at NRG stadium Saturday night.

Richard

XSnake
07-07-2015, 02:31 PM
ASU sucks don't they? Sell them!!

FLATOUT
07-07-2015, 04:04 PM

The Aggies usually suck too so it should be an exciting game lol.

Andy

Shooter
07-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Is this only for VOA members?. Can anyone with a Viper sign up?
Thanks

TexasTonka
07-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Oh Damn is right . . . we have tickets to the A&M vs. Arizona State game on the 5th - bummer . . . this is one of our more favorite tracks because it's a fast one!!

Crap, already have football tickets to see my Aggies and ASU here at NRG stadium Saturday night.

Richard

awww come on! It's trading time. Trade two A&M vs ASU tickets for additional Crimson Tide tickets at Kyle Stadium. Won't be the same without you.

TexasTonka
07-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Is this only for VOA members?. Can anyone with a Viper sign up?
Thanks

Anyone can register, it is not a VOA event, it is a track day by Edge Addicts. However the discount code is for VOA members only.
If you are not a member you can join now for the rest of the year, VOA prorated as the year goes on. A membership can't be much this late in the year.

XSnake
07-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Anyone can register, it is not a VOA event, it is a track day by Edge Addicts. However the discount code is for VOA members only.
If you are not a member you can join now for the rest of the year, VOA prorated as the year goes on. A membership can't be much this late in the year.

I think it's only $75 now, which is less than the discount you receive. Pays for itself immediately

daytonprowler
07-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Matt you are correct. VOA basic membership is now $75 and Mamba is $95. One half of your membership dues go directly to your regional club. Also, join now so you don't miss the next VOA Viper Quarterly magazine. With all the events going on in the VOA regions, this next issue is going to be our largest yet, 100 pages!

https://driveviper.com/join/join.php

TexasTonka
07-08-2015, 08:40 AM
This discount will be good for the registration price and only available until August 1st! So sign up before August 1st to save 10%!

Shooter
07-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Ok, so I can sign up with Edge, just can't use the VOA discount. Appreciate the answers. I'll check my schedule and maybe I'll get a chance to drive COTA. Sweet

Herrsss
07-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Wish it was that simple - tickets were a Fathers Day gift to Richard from our daughters and son in laws . . . of course they bought tickets for themselves as well!

Scott Mannny
07-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Just registered and saved $99.50!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kurt for all that you do for us!!

TexasTonka
07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Just registered and saved $99.50!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kurt for all that you do for us!!

No worries! Hope I can join you this year! If you register for both days it actually comes out cheaper per day than last year. The whole family coming down for this?

Scott Mannny
07-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Oh yes and I'm bringing seven more Oklahoma members also. Can't wait!!!!

TexasTonka
07-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Awesome!

XSnake
07-13-2015, 12:12 PM

More the merrier!!

Scott Mannny
07-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Matt are you bringing Alex???

XSnake
07-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Matt are you bringing Alex???

I doubt it

TexasTonka
07-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Make sure to get the word out to everyone the Circuit of the Americas track weekend September 5th & 6th discount code is coming to a close. This discount will only be good for the registration price and only available until August 1st!
So sign up before August 1st to save 10%!

TexasTonka
07-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Room block has been finalized. Staying at the OMNI Southpark Hotel and Resort. Set up for rooms on the 4th and 5th for this event. $129 per room you choose single or double. you must call to reserve 1-800-THE-OMNI and refer to the Viper Owners Association (VOA) room block to get this rate. Room block is good until August 7th. So get your rooms NOW!
This is a $50/night discount, and yes there is a full bar for us waiting every evening!

TexasTonka
08-27-2015, 04:00 PM
EXCITING NEWS!!! A VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE WILL BE AT THIS EVENT!!!! And to help those register that did not before we have opened the discount code back up until Sunday 08/30/2015! SIGN UP NOW to be a part of the VERY special event!

Our discount that Edge Addicts is extending to any VOA member is 10% off. The code for VOA members when you register on Edge Addicts website is viper10 All people using that code will be verified before the track weekend to ensure they are current VOA members, if you are not a current member you will not get the discount.

You may register here (http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12): http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/cate...?categoryId=12 (http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12)

YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS SPECIAL GUEST!

FLATOUT
08-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Looking forward to it Kurt!

I got my TA alignment done today and flushed and filled the break system with fresh Motul. See you there!

Andy

Shooter
08-28-2015, 12:01 AM
EXCITING NEWS!!! A VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE WILL BE AT THIS EVENT!!!! And to help those register that did not before we have opened the discount code back up until Sunday 08/30/2015! SIGN UP NOW to be a part of the VERY special event!

Our discount that Edge Addicts is extending to any VOA member is 10% off. The code for VOA members when you register on Edge Addicts website is viper10 All people using that code will be verified before the track weekend to ensure they are current VOA members, if you are not a current member you will not get the discount.

You may register here (http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12): http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/cate...?categoryId=12 (http://www.shop.edgeaddicts.com/category.sc?categoryId=12)

YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS SPECIAL GUEST!

Sounds just like a VCA event put on by Marshall...."Sign up now for a great surprise". Why don't you just say who the "special guest" is. That way I can decide if I really want to trailer my car 3+ hrs.

TexasTonka
08-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Sounds just like a VCA event put on by Marshall...."Sign up now for a great surprise". Why don't you just say who the "special guest" is. That way I can decide if I really want to trailer my car 3+ hrs.

Unlike VCA all my events are done at cost, no profit. And the surprise is just a bonus. If you want to track your car join up to your region and get the use of the 10% off discount code. Haven't seen you out since viper days in the aero coupe. Be good to see if you're as surly in person as you are on the forums! Ha! Kidding.

Shooter
08-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Unlike VCA all my events are done at cost, no profit. And the surprise is just a bonus. If you want to track your car join up to your region and get the use of the 10% off discount code. Haven't seen you out since viper days in the aero coupe. Be good to see if you're as surly in person as you are on the forums! Ha! Kidding.

I am interested in tracking my car, not interested in joining the club. The people that I enjoyed tracking with, and doing Viper things with, are no longer in the club. One person remains that I have any respect for and he doesn't do much club wise. I'm never "surly", just direct. In person and online. Thanks for the non-answer, it's about what I expected.

Dusty1
08-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Robert, come on out, you have a great car to explore and you never know, you might meet some new friends.

Richard

XSnake
08-28-2015, 11:14 AM
I am interested in tracking my car, not interested in joining the club. The people that I enjoyed tracking with, and doing Viper things with, are no longer in the club. One person remains that I have any respect for and he doesn't do much club wise. I'm never "surly", just direct. In person and online. Thanks for the non-answer, it's about what I expected.

New ACR will be in attendance. Now sign up for the event. Direct enough? lol

FLATOUT
08-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Damn Robert lol just come out and have fun. No reason to get upset with Kurt, he's just trying to make it interesting.

Shooter
08-28-2015, 04:50 PM
New ACR will be in attendance. Now sign up for the event. Direct enough? lol

Thank you Matt. Armed with that info, I'm a little more interested in attending now.

Shooter
08-28-2015, 04:54 PM
No reason to get upset with Kurt, he's just trying to make it interesting.

You ladies need to get over it. I asked a simple question and got a BS answer. If I was upset, I would have made it abundantly clear.

Shooter
08-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Robert, come on out, you have a great car to explore and you never know, you might meet some new friends.

Richard

Thanks Richard. That's a great point.

FLATOUT
08-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Thank you Matt. Armed with that info, I'm a little more interested in attending now.

I haven't seen you in awhile, I hope you can make it out.

TexasTonka
08-29-2015, 07:41 AM

Okay I'll simplify and be direct for Rob:
Edge Addicts track event Sept 5&6
VOA discount 10% members only: code viper10
room block at Omni
Dodge sending mule ACR as 'surprise' attraction

For not wanting to be a member and not respecting anyone you're here quite a bit, something has to be drawing you back. Take Richards advise, come out and meet some new people. Hell, We got along well at the last few track events and Yvette enjoyed hanging out with your wife. It's been awhile.

Shooter
08-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Okay I'll simplify and be direct for Rob:
Edge Addicts track event Sept 5&6
VOA discount 10% members only: code viper10
room block at Omni
Dodge sending mule ACR as 'surprise' attraction

For not wanting to be a member and not respecting anyone you're here quite a bit, something has to be drawing you back. Take Richards advise, come out and meet some new people. Hell, We got along well at the last few track events and Yvette enjoyed hanging out with your wife. It's been awhile.

Wasn't my intent to sidetrack this topic. Info about my car and potential track events are what "draws me back". I have zero interest in the predominately pretentious postings and activities of the local club.

Herrsss
08-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Robert, can you please explain what you said about the Houston region? If it goes back to that rocky period 2 years ago when we were discussing the club future let me be the first to tell you that has dissipated and all we do is have fun with our friends with like minded interests. That includes tracking cars, cruises, shared meals and long road trips.

Beth

Shooter
08-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Robert, can you please explain what you said about the Houston region? If it goes back to that rocky period 2 years ago when we were discussing the club future let me be the first to tell you that has dissipated and all we do is have fun with our friends with like minded interests. That includes tracking cars, cruises, shared meals and long road trips.

Beth

I'm not interested in explaining it in this thread. It's sad that I had to hijack it at all, just to get all the information about the track day at COTA. Start a thread in the Houston regional area and I'll be more then happy to debate it there.

Robert

Scott Mannny
08-31-2015, 10:33 AM
Wasn't my intent to sidetrack this topic. Info about my car and potential track events are what "draws me back". I have zero interest in the predominately pretentious postings and activities of the local club.

Robert, if your free this weekend, sign up and come to COTA. There is plenty of room and it would be cool to add another X to the list of cars attending!!!!

FLATOUT
08-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Robert, did you buy and X?

Slithr
08-31-2015, 11:47 AM
One person remains that I have any respect for and he doesn't do much club wise.

Ok, Ok damn it, I'll start doing more with the club ..... hope to see you out at more events also!

Shooter
08-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Robert, if your free this weekend, sign up and come to COTA. There is plenty of room and it would be cool to add another X to the list of cars attending!!!!

Thank you Mr Manny. The stars are almost aligned enough for me to be able to enjoy a track day.

Shooter
08-31-2015, 12:35 PM
Ok, Ok damn it, I'll start doing more with the club ..... hope to see you out at more events also!

lol. Your a good dude Allen. Thanks for the laugh. Hope your enjoying the ACR. Not a member so I won't be at events.

XSnake
09-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Just got back from loading my car on the transporter. 5 of us locals got together and got a rig. I'm bringing some Z06's for everyone to pick on. ;)

TexasTonka
09-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Just got back from loading my car on the transporter. 5 of us locals got together and got a rig. I'm bringing some Z06's for everyone to pick on. ;)

Sounds great! Safe travels and see you tomorrow.

PaulB
09-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Wife and I are already in Austin and ready for COTA tomorrow. Brought the Z06/7 this time, so if you see an Orange ZohSlow put putting around the track, please feel free to pick on it. I'm easy! Maybe in November I will bring the GenV, need to get tires and wheels for it.. Oh Tony Whatley! Lol

Hope to see some of y'all out there tomorrow! Stop in and say hi if you see this jalopy in one of the F1 garages tomorrow.

- Paul B

Brad00GTS
09-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Wow, beautiful car Paul. Good luck out there, you should at lease put a VOA banner on it so the vipers don't play too rough, ha.

PaulB
09-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Brad. Looking forward to seeing some of my Viper brethren!

soulsea
09-05-2015, 12:18 AM
It's a trap!

Bunch of advanced sandbagging Vipers in the inter run group to walk me. :/

I'm ready for your rage!

TexasTonka
09-05-2015, 06:34 AM
I'm in garage 18, stop on by. Have the GenV ACR media car in garage 17!

Toxic
09-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Kurt, See you in Garage 18. Should be there around 11:00 at the latest.

Herrsss
09-06-2015, 09:25 AM
The Aggies usually suck too so it should be an exciting game lol.

Andy

LMAO - ASU came in ranked 15 and Aggies at the bottom of the barrel. Last night's game was quite a roller coaster but the outcome was a defense we haven't seen in 15 years . . . offense was iffy but end result is we took 'em DOWN! Final score: Aggies 38 ASU 17. WHOOOOPPPPP!!!!

We had fun with the chillens who bought the tickets for their dad as a father's day gift.

PaulB
09-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Wish I had had time to visit with you guys yesterday but with 5 sessions, time was short. Whoever was driving the black RT with silver stripes in blue group, that was fun! Thanks. Sorry that ZL1 went off track, good job avoiding that!

FLATOUT
09-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Wish I had had time to visit with you guys yesterday but with 5 sessions, time was short. Whoever was driving the black RT with silver stripes in blue group, that was fun! Thanks. Sorry that ZL1 went off track, good job avoiding that!

Missed you out there as well, I was running in the Yellow group. Glad you had fun I'm editing my ACR photos now.

Andy

PaulB
09-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Yes, Andy, I know you were in the yellow group. My buddy was in a yellow C6 Z07 and he definitely mentioned your car and has video of you passing him. Ha ha ha.. Oh, and he is a good driver and that LS7 C7Z hauls butt which says a lot about you and your car.. Kudos.

soulsea
09-06-2015, 11:51 PM
I mean this wholeheartedly,

My apologies for ruining everyone's day.

It was a minor off that took way too long to clear because the track workers were trying to save my bodywork. I'm crushed that it took away from everyone's track time.

I'm really sorry.

FLATOUT
09-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Yes, Andy, I know you were in the yellow group. My buddy was in a yellow C6 Z07 and he definitely mentioned your car and has video of you passing him. Ha ha ha.. Oh, and he is a good driver and that LS7 C7Z hauls butt which says a lot about you and your car.. Kudos.

Lots of incredible cars of all types out there this weekend. That's my favorite part of these track days. Love seeing everyone pushing their cars trying to get better.

It was a minor off that took way too long to clear because the track workers were trying to save my bodywork. I'm crushed that it took away from everyone's track time.

I'm really sorry.

Damn man really sorry to hear this:( Glad you're ok.

soulsea
09-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Damn man really sorry to hear this:( Glad you're ok.

Thanks man, I'm fine ... the whole thing was just a combination of stupidity, impatience, and lack of talent.

I just got stuck behind an instructor with low power bmw which I could pass on every straight but was riding my ass on every turn, so I decided to,let him and the whole train of cars behind him by, then I even voluntarily did a drive trough the pits to get some spacing. But within a lap of getting out of the pits I got stuck backmintraffic and got impatient in turn 20 trying to get as much momentum as possible to pass cars on the front straight. I had disabled the nannies so when I got too aggressive with the throttle I ost the ass and turned into the Armco. Barely a scratch on the bodywork because the wheel took the brunt and fubared the tie rods and other steering assembly parts. Low cost fix but they couldn't figure out how to tow her out for some reason.

Again, my apologies ... I felt awful about it.

soulsea
09-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Btw, never mind that I drive a Z06 ... I had my car hauled from the east coast with Matt, friends, and the rest of the flatout motorsports crew. The steering being broken, although not a huge deal expense wise, made it almost impossible to get the car back into the hauler to get it back home to my dealer. There was a heroic effort from the transport driver, but more importantly, it would have not happened without the selfless help of owners and instructors of every type of car imaginable. If it wasn't for their efforts I'd be stuck in Austin for a week waiting to get this fixed and having to drive it back home myself, almost tripling the expense in the process. I am so grateful to everyone for their help.

We can all be asshats on each other's forums sometimes but I've never met more selfless and helpful people than those who share track time, no matter what car they drive.

It means a great deal.

FLATOUT
09-07-2015, 01:24 AM
I agree it's an entirely different vibe on track weekends. All the guys that came down from Florida were great, glad your repair won't be too costly.

Btw, never mind that I drive a Z06 ... I had my car hauled from the east coast with Matt, friends, and the rest of the flatout motorsports crew. The steering being broken, although not a huge deal expense wise, made it almost impossible to get the car back into the hauler to get it back home to my dealer. There was a heroic effort from the transport driver, but more importantly, it would have not happened without the selfless help of owners and instructors of every type of car imaginable. If it wasn't for their efforts I'd be stuck in Austin for a week waiting to get this fixed and having to drive it back home myself, almost tripling the expense in the process. I am so grateful to everyone for their help.

We can all be asshats on each other's forums sometimes but I've never met more selfless and helpful people than those who share track time, no matter what car they drive.

It means a great deal.

XSnake
09-07-2015, 06:48 AM

I'm really sorry.

Serge, theres no reason for you to feel bad about it. You didnt ruin everyones day, certainly not mine at least.. The track crew a COTA should be embarrasssed though. I have never seen that level of imcomptence from a crew at a racetrack, let alone a F1 circut.

All that matters is that you are alright. This is nothing more than a learning experience and probably a mistake you wont make again.

venomous08
09-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Serge, theres no reason for you to feel about it. You didnt ruin everyones day, certainly not mine at least.. The track crew a COTA should be embarrasssed though. I have never seen that level of imcomptence from a crew at a racetrack, let alone a F1 circut.

All that matters is that you are alright. This is nothing more than a learning experience and probably a mistake you wont make again.

Yeah wasn't a big deal. If you sprayed the track down with oil it may be a different tone lol. Good thing is you are going to give up the zo6 for an ACR now right?

soulsea
09-07-2015, 12:48 PM
The ACR that was there looked stunning, but I'm still thinking about it.

It occurred to me somewhere between turn 20 and the wall that something with AWD might have mitigated my stupid.

I'll continue pondering the question whilst the steering is getting fixed on the Z.

The short answer is probably. :)

venomous08
09-07-2015, 01:08 PM
The ACR that was there looked stunning, but I'm still thinking about it.

It occurred to me somewhere between turn 20 and the wall that something with AWD might have mitigated my stupid.

I'll continue pondering the question whilst the steering is getting fixed on the Z.

The short answer is probably. :)

Downforce can solve that problem as well. Matt and I know some about that. ;)

TexasTonka
09-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Great weekend with everyone. Enjoyed finally getting on COTA with the ACR and learning a lot from everyone there. Got better every session. Plus I think we all lost 10lbs this weekend! It was hot but the rain stayed away for us, could not ask for a better time or group. Glad those that did go off track walked away without harm.
Had a good time with all of you. I'll be back in November too if anyone wants to join.

PaulB
09-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Oh, and how 'bout that 918 Spyder? And he was actually running it! Beautiful cars out there for sure.

Kurt, I will definitely be out there in November. Maybe this time I can hook up with you guys.

And soulsea, you weren't the only one that had an off track ride. I saw two Vipers and a ZL1 in our group go off the track. Good luck with your car, man!