12-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Are there any VOA site supporters yet?

BlknBlu
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
i know a few in the works.

Bruce

ViperTony
12-05-2013, 11:24 AM
According to the Wizard, there are a significant number of site sponsors ready to go. Now, Chuck doesn't get too excited very easily unless he's passed by a Yellow Viper which happens on occasion. :saw: So for Chuck to be this excited....it should be stellar for the VOA. :dude3: If you can't wait for the details contact Chuck.

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR or SUPPORTER?

The ALLEY for example has both. Member passion allows voluntary payments as Site Supporters.

There is a separate catagory here for SPONSORS (Vendors) but unsure about Supporters.

PartsRack tried to pay and become a site SPONSOR weeks ago. Sent in my banner and commitments. But 1 day later, order was placed on HOLD. Quite understandably all 'web talent' was and is focused on developing membership registrations FIRST. Sponsor stuff is a lot more complicated.

VOA now says that on or about Dec 15 Vendors can become Sponsors.

SmoknTires
12-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Jon is correct above.

And to answer the first question from Leslie, we have a long wonderful line of people who stepped up big time!

The website is also built out (you'll see link at bottom of the web pages). There will also be a sponsor section page that will highlight all sponsors. Also, each vendor will also get their very own forum.

Lots of great concepts and this program was built very quickly when a lot of other stuff was going on. I want to thank all of our marketing guys - Chuck, Adrian, John, and also our "web dude". They've worked hard to get the program in place in parallel with everything else happening. Committed and passionate people.

XXX BLK
12-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I would like to personally thank all the vendors/sponsors who have shown interest in supporting the VOA and we appreciate your patience and understanding while working on the site.

Leslie
12-06-2013, 02:04 AM
That's great to hear Alex!

Jonb-yeh, good question, wondered about sponsors and supporters.

Am hoping VOA doesn't take on anybody with past concerns (CM at VPoA for example)..?

LifeIsGood
12-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Am hoping VOA doesn't take on anybody with past concerns (CM at VPoA for example)..?

A-men brotha...uh, um, I mean sista.

XSnake
12-06-2013, 06:44 AM
That's great to hear Alex!

Jonb-yeh, good question, wondered about sponsors and supporters.

No way in hell

SmoknTires
12-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Yes, we do have "the right to refuse service". ;.)

City
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Ya think?! :rolleyes: :anonymous:

Leslie
12-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Ya think?! :rolleyes: :anonymous:

AWSOME:dude3:

Chorps
12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Just playing devil's advocate here...I hope anyone doesn't take this as my personal endorsement or condemnation of any specific vendors.

I understand there's going to be a lot of contention about CM/VPoA etc...but what about vendors who have had mixed reviews on the other site (long delivery times, partial deliveries), or even long past issues (part swappers and rip-offs or lies/lawsuits unresolved years ago)?

How much openness and inclusion is there and how much forgiveness is there going to be from actions that are in the past but not drawn from experiences here (obviously because everything is net new)?

whitebeard
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Chuck has all info. See the Wizard.........

XXX BLK
12-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Just playing devil's advocate here...I hope anyone doesn't take this as my personal endorsement or condemnation of any specific vendors.

I understand there's going to be a lot of contention about CM/VPoA etc...but what about vendors who have had mixed reviews on the other site (long delivery times, partial deliveries), or even long past issues (part swappers and rip-offs or lies/lawsuits unresolved years ago)?

How much openness and inclusion is there and how much forgiveness is there going to be from actions that are in the past but not drawn from experiences here (obviously because everything is net new)?

Chorps, we will be more involved with the vendors advertising on our site and if there is complaints about ANY vendors we will look into it and we have the right to decide if a vendor should continue to advertise with us.

XXX BLK
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Chorps, for example if you had know luck with a vendor returning your call and etc……..I will call him and set up a conference call where all party's will discuss the problem and try to come to a fair solution. To my knowledge I don't think any Viper Club have put this kind of effort in for their members.

Chorps
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Great, thanks for the clarification. :D

City
12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Despite XXX BLK's best efforts and intentions, this will always be an issue. By accepting advertising from a vendor, there is no implied warranty or recommendation of any kind from the VOA regarding said vendor.

That being said, we are all part of the "Viper community" and to whatever extent we can help resolve a dispute, we're certainly willing if not necessarily able. BUT all members should practice " buyers beware" when purchasing. Far too often folks don't utilize the forum for vendor information BEFORE they purchase. They'll research and negotiate price for weeks, but won't spend 15 minutes to inquire about a vender. Go figure.

intense
12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Well, it appears one of the problem vendors (and most regular offender)is already here with a different screen name. Imho he shouldn't have been allowed in unless his reputation improved.

XSnake
12-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, it appears one of the problem vendors (and most regular offender)is already here with a different screen name. Imho he shouldn't have been allowed in unless his reputation improved.

Being on the forum and being an official vendor are different. I'm sure management will be keeping a careful eye on things.

XXX BLK
12-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Being on the forum and being an official vendor are different. I'm sure management will be keeping a careful eye on things.

MTGTS, you are 100% correct we are watching and will be paying close attention.

Leslie
12-14-2013, 05:32 PM
MTGTS, you are 100% correct we are watching and will be paying close attention.

Good to know.

Mopar Boy
12-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Chuck doesn't get too excited very easily unless he's passed by a Yellow Viper which happens on occasion. :saw:

Bwaaaahahahahaha. Missed that comment until now. :D

MI Viper
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Chorps, for example if you had know luck with a vendor returning your call and etc……..I will call him and set up a conference call where all party's will discuss the problem and try to come to a fair solution. To my knowledge I don't think any Viper Club have put this kind of effort in for their members.

That is pretty amazing, GO VOA!