PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Question

Capt Van
12-05-2013, 07:36 AM
I have a 2014 GTS with the 18 speaker upgrade. I does sound pretty god but it just doesn't have the thump and volume I think it should have, it sounds like maybe one of the amps (if there is multiples) is not hooked up. I have a 13 Grand Cherokee and 13 Ram and the sound system in them sounds way better than the Viper. So I take it to my dealer, they are not very knowledgeable about Vipers. The service manager takes a listen and says the reason is that XM is not as loud as FM , but I can run a diagnostic on it. So he brings a jump drive out and plugs it into the usb port and waits about 5 minutes and says everything checks out. I watched the entire time and nothing came up on the screen or anywhere else. I asked how do you know? He said it would have showed up, I'm not understanding. So he says to leave it and we can tear into it tomorrow, I said no thanks, just don't the idea of them doing much with it now.
Has anyone else had an issue with the radio?

dmc71
12-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I have the upgraded system on my GTS and noticed that when I listen to XM there is some distortion and it does not sound as crisp as you would think. But in FM stereo it is very crisp and clear. Not sure why this is the case either but I can definitely notice a big difference between the two.

SmoknTires
12-05-2013, 11:02 PM
As an audiophile, I played a bit with the flavors of radios in the vipers. They're all very good. I own the 2014 SRT jeep and I'd say the viper is just as good if not better.

Testing with same song on a jump drive would give you the best comparison. It's true satellite isn't amped as much, but you should still get some good sound. I was impressed with the 18 speaker. Glad I don't have to do my own setup, which I've had to do on all my other vipers.

Viperbob
12-06-2013, 07:50 AM
The base is killer strong and deep in my GTS best stereo in a vehicle ( stock) I have ever heard...sounds best with XM and Bluetooth playing from my I phone...rarely use FM but doesn't sound as good as either from my experience..