PDA

View Full Version : West Texas Roadtrip (pics)

OutlawEd
12-05-2013, 12:01 AM
My wife needed to burn some vacation time before the end of the year, so we took this week off but had no plans. The weather has been awesome around here lately (highs in mid-80s, sunny). So, Tuesday morning, we hopped in the Viper for what we thought would be a quick road trip thru the hill country. Well, when all said and done, we ended up 7 hours away at Big Bend. On the way, we stopped at a couple of ghost towns, found an old movie set, and did quite a few of high speed runs thru the mountains. All of that in less than 30 hours. We left the house at 6:30am Tuesday and were back home by 11:30am Wed (today). Here are a few pics where the viper posed for us. Enjoy!

OutlawEd
12-05-2013, 12:03 AM
And a few more..........

FLATOUT
12-05-2013, 05:43 AM
I have always wanted to get out that way. Great pictures!

No hemi
12-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Beautiful!!

PatrickB
12-05-2013, 08:05 AM
That is awesome! I'd like to find a few free days sometime in the spring and do something like that in the beautiful mountains here in NC..

F2V
12-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Great photography!!

gfviperman
12-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Where is the tunnel?

Anonymous
12-06-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm I they only one who thinks Texas is like what America use to be?

nastygts
12-06-2013, 10:13 PM
COOL PICS!:United_States:

Next time your out this area and have a little more time; stop through Ft Davis and stay in the Hotel Limpia. www.hotellimpia.com

Cool little place. I will dig around and post an interior lobby shot I took with my phone back in 06-07. Unedited...... and I'm not a believer in spiritual appearances.

Also Check out www.fortdavis.com/hotels.

OutlawEd
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. That part of TX is definitely a taste of the old west. It was a fun trip as most spur of the moment trips are. We'll do it again one of these days, just not sure when yet.

Thanks for the tip on FT Davis and the hotel. Not sure we went thru that area though. We went in kinda round about way and saw Terlingua, Lajitas, Study Butte, Alpine. It was all fun and interesting to see.

And that tunnel is on hwy 118 I think. It was inside the park. Speed limit was only 45 inside the park, so the first time thru the tunnel I had to do it in 1st obviously with the windows down.

I think one of the best parts of the trip was that we covered a straight 60 miles of I10 in 30 minutes! The radar detector never yelled at me once!