PDA

View Full Version : 2005 srt10

ViperPete
07-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Hey yall

I'm not getting much help over on VTCOA so I thought id post here

I've got a 2005 SRT10 Quadcab Ram. I converted it to a T56 with the help of Torrie's tune.

Billyboat longtubes, Demon coils, custom CAI, and JTSVP throttlebody, lowered....etc.

I have a surging issue.

At idle it goes up down up down up down up down about 100-150 rpm (extremely annoying in traffic lol). New TPS and new IAC.

I reset the TPS yesterday and no change. I have been having problems since I got the TB. First the throttlebody blades would contact the TB walls and cause the pedal to stick open, smoothed that out and now have the surging. Didn't have that before.

Here is a vid of the truck right after I put the longtubes on. I wish it was possible for my Viper to sound like the truck honestly. I know the vid is unrelated but I wanted to show off the exhaust sound anyway ;)

https://youtu.be/iwbx3U_6KSU

I can post a vid later of the surging if you'd like to see for yourself.

Any ideas?

BlknBlu
07-02-2015, 05:42 PM
has it been tuned?

Bruce

ViperPete
07-02-2015, 05:49 PM
No.

ohlarikd
07-06-2015, 06:33 AM
You might want to call Tator's Garage in NY, he works on a lot of SRT10 trucks.

345s-bspinnin
07-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I am pretty sure its the throttle body. Had the same thing happen to my car when I added the Arrow TB. There is a set screw (throttle linkage area) that dictates the resting position of the blade. Move that in or out and see if that cures your problem.

Roddy
07-08-2015, 04:44 PM
That does sound good! wow.

+1 on the TB being the culprit. Also might want to check the TB gasket