PDA

View Full Version : Tire puncture....

flytwa
12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Anyone know if Pirelli warrantees the tires for road hazards?
I was ready to put my snake away for the winter and found a leak in the left rear.
Had a similar issue with my 13' GC SRT8 last year and it was covered under their road hazard warrantee.

Thanks,
Fly

Policy Limits
12-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Hope so; those rears are a thousand bucks each

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Hope so; those rears are a thousand bucks each

Tire rack or the like advertised at around 600 but, they are on back order since April and apparently don't look like they will ever arrive as they have been discontinued since 2008. So, even if you do get a Tire, it will be at least 5 years old.

docwviper
12-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Just checked. The rears are in stock on tire rack. $676 a piece.

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I was ready to put my snake away for the winter and found a leak in the left rear.
Had a similar issue with my 13' GC SRT8 last year and it was covered under their road hazard warrantee.

Thanks,
Fly

Which model of Pirellis are we talking about ie pzeros, neros..

and....what size?

flytwa
12-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Which model of Pirellis are we talking about ie pzeros, neros..

and....what size?
On my jeep SRT they are Pirelli scorpion verde. They are the stock tires that came with the truck.

Fly

flytwa
12-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Just checked. The rears are in stock on tire rack. $676 a piece.
Do You have a link for the site, I see them for $898.....

Thanks,
Fly

ViperSmith
12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
You can plug and patch it is just your road tires (and isn't in the sidewall). But any type of high speed driving I wouldn't do it IMHO

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Thanks,
Fly

Your owners manual should have a pamphlet............. Sidewall/defects are covered, punctures likley NOT

Bill Pemberton
12-05-2013, 03:06 PM
I realize you likely have done this , but have you checked the valve stem, etc. You never mentioned if your found the cause of your leak and it could be a myriad of things, but Jon is correct
about a puncture -- would not be covered.

flytwa
12-05-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks,
Fly

Your owners manual should have a pamphlet............. Sidewall/defects are covered, punctures likley NOT

Actually just got off the phone with Pirelli. according to them the Viper tires are not covered by the road hazard warrantee. I picked up a nail. However they are going to cover half of the replacement cost of the new tire. I guess that's better than nothing.
Should be done Tuesday and back in my garage.

Regards,
Fly

ViperSmith
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Not bad at all if they are picking up half

chris955
12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I had a puncture, it was patched for $30.00. been a month and no problems so far