PDA

View Full Version : new MA owner looking for some help

kimbo305
07-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Hey, all. I recently bought a 2014 Viper SRT that tragically doesn't match its options list. The window sticker lists the Dual Mode Suspension as an option, but it's not there. When I was test driving, neither the salesguy nor I could find the controls in a minute of looking around, so I gave up on looking for it, confident I'd figure it out later.

After some back and forth with Chrysler and the dealer, it seems what happened is that the factory should have issued a corrected window sticker for the car, but that sticker never got onto the car somehow.
I'm being given 2 options:
- take a check for the missing options
- take a full refund
My contact said (to my relief) that they would not condone a dealer installing the dual mode suspension components aftermarket.

What I'd really want is the car that I paid for, without having to pay more cash on top. The car is insane as is, but I want that dual mode suspension.
Is anyone familiar with relevant laws in Massachusetts, or able to point me to someone I could ask questions about?

Thanks!

mjorgensen
07-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Check for missing options and install a full MCS suspension. Win and bigger WIN. :-)

Tomball-Dodge
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
We can also help with our new Suspension or would be happy to take your car in on trade and give you what you want. PM me your number or call us on our toll free number 800-270-1608 ext.1. We can get you in the right car or the car you had hoped to have if not put together a package that works for you along with some performance mods.........

FLATOUT
07-01-2015, 05:03 PM
We can also help with our new Suspension or would be happy to take your car in on trade and give you what you want. PM me your number or call us on our toll free number 800-270-1608 ext.1. We can get you in the right car or the car you had hoped to have if not put together a package that works for you along with some performance mods.........

I have 10 sets arriving this week of the new Tractive, DSC controlled active suspension setups for the Gen V. Call Courtney or Bernie or you can email me awheeler@viperexchange.com for more info on the new ViperExchange setups.

Andy

kimbo305
07-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I'll think about mods, but I've been avoiding that game for a long time. Mods keep snowballing and money keeps disappearing :).

I haven't bought a new car in a while, and I think I was looking to keep it stock as much as possible.

Martin2000GTS
07-01-2015, 06:04 PM
kimbo305! sign up for the club and come out with us! Where in MA do you live? We just had a huge event in North Reading with 36 vipers!

mjorgensen
07-01-2015, 06:18 PM
I'll think about mods, but I've been avoiding that game for a long time. Mods keep snowballing and money keeps disappearing :).

I haven't bought a new car in a while, and I think I was looking to keep it stock as much as possible.

Understood, if you have any questions now that you are a new owner please feel free to reach out anytime. Take care.

daveg
07-01-2015, 06:21 PM
kimbo305! sign up for the club and come out with us! Where in MA do you live? We just had a huge event in North Reading with 36 vipers!I can contest. Thanks again Martin... Great event and great people. Signing up now that I am back home from NY.

Martin2000GTS
07-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Dave G! I just got the email! Thanks for signing up. We are def slowing down with the events for the rest of the year but we got some good ones planned. Hope you can make a bunch of events and thanks for the support. Our next BIG event will be the clam bake which is again in North Reading (different house). Stay tuned.

Kimbo305 if there is anything I can try and help you with let me know. We have a pretty good relationship with "Herb Chambers" dealer on Rt 114 in Danvers MA. Let me know!

Martin-

kimbo305
07-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Chrysler has offered to buy back this car, so I'm proceeding with that.

My dealer found a 2015 with the features I want, and the MSRP is only 1k more than my window sticker, but they're not giving me the same deal, mostly because it's a 15 that's not been sitting on the lot. I'm really upset; need to calm down and think through my options.

Policy Limits
12-27-2015, 07:42 AM
M.G.L. c.93 (A) precludes unfair or deceptive act or practice in the business context to a consumer in MA and allows for treble damages.

steve911
12-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Is your a car a straight SRT meaning non GT or GTS? Did you buy it new?

If so, according to the old order form I have, 2 mode suspension wasn't an option for a plain SRT.