PDA

View Full Version : Great time at Laguna Seca

sjeaglefan
07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Last weekend was a blast. Great showing by our fellow NorCal VOA members including Rich, Todd, Andy, Dennis, Lloyde, Mike (from So Cal), Chris and a few others. All of us were consistently fast in the run groups we were in.

Here are a couple of videos:

My fast lap in my '13 GTS, no mods, P-Zero tires with 6500 miles and 5 track events on them and one lap in my Charger Hellcat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2rNfX7oiY&index=5&list=WL

Fun session with Chris, Andy and I running together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vqRFimjYVY&index=7&list=WL

By the way, those of you running an AIM Solo DL with SmartyCam should upgrade the cable between the Solo and Camera to the cable with the external microphone jack. The audio SO much better with an external microphone.

Also, I did the Ceramic Pro 9H treatment earlier this year. It was expensive but worth every penny. I still use TracWrap on the front to prevent chips but all of the rubber and road rash came off without a scratch with a simple wash.

-Gary

RedTanRT/10
07-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Gary, on the road and currently in Detroit. I searched YouTube this am and saw your videos. Great work! Sure had a fun time with all you guys. Looking forward to getting back up there again. Best wishes. Mike

Joe B
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Here is another one UNLIMITED SOUND AT LAGUNA SECCA Oct 31

Is it possible? Unlimited Sound?

Interested in Saturday, October 31st with
UNLIMITED SOUND
at Mazda Raceway?
If so, read on.....

Hello TMR members,

Yes, UNLIMITED sound means UNLIMITED. Not 92db, not 103db! TMR has an opportunity to have (2) run groups of an event on Saturday, October 31st (Halloween) at Mazda Raceway. The TMR groups will be either (2) Advanced groups (one for race prep'd cars and the other for non race prep'd cars) or (1) Advanced group and (1) Mixed group. Format depends on your feedback so check your calendar and reply asap with your interest.

Unlimited sound days are extremely rare and they're also extremely expensive, so that's why we're reaching out to all of you for your interest level. Review the following information ASAP and then let us know via email if you are IN or OUT.

Format: 4 group format with 2 of the 4 for TrackMasters Racing Members Only. As mentioned above, our preference is to run either (2) Advanced groups - one for race prep'd cars and the other for high performance street cars, or (1) Advanced and (1) Mixed run group. The final format is entirely up to who expresses interest and how many of you are 'A' drivers.

Cost: $400 is the target cost for the day

Number of Sessions: Schedule hasn't been developed yet but typically you can expect at least (5) 20 minute sessions.

What do to if Interested? Email us immediately at tmr.trackevents@gmail.com and let us know the following:
1. I am committed to attend this event (Yes or No)
2. What Level Driver are you?
A1 = Adv with Race prep'd car
A2 = Adv with Street Car
M = Mixed Level Driver (see website 'FAQs & Forms' for Mixed definition)

We will review feedback over the next 2 days and send another note out with our final plan. REPLY QUICKLY as this track has car count limits per run group and when we run out we run out!

Please note that Registration is NOT open yet. We need your feedback before we finalize the format and open Registration.

SALE!!! Wine Country Motorsports Sale is today through July 6th! 20% off + free shipping for purchases over $100. Hop on their website and take care of your track apparel and equipment needs! www.winecountrymotorsports.com

Rolling Thunder - July 18/19th..... $135/day HPDE, Races, and Time Trials at T-Hill! - HPDE sessions as well as Race and Time Trials. If you're a former racer and you and your car don't have a current License or Annual, then you can still participate in these fun races after an on-site vehicle tech inspection and pre event driver assessment. Anyone can participate in the TT activity. Racing classes are Spec Miata, Spec E30, Spec E46, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITX, PTD, PTE, Spec Boxter, and Enduro Classes E2 & E3.

Open to all level drivers and this is a Tiered Pricing event. Not familiar with our Tiered Pricing program? Check it out here

http://trackmasters-racing.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.content&content_id=61

Go to www.trackmasters-racing.com for this and other event information.

Thanks and have a great week & holiday!

Doug Gale and the TMR Staff

www.trackmasters-racing.com

TrackMasters Racing
Email: tmr.trackevents@gmail.com

Joe B--will be there

Rapidrezults
07-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Nice videos Gary! Rich, Todd, Andy, Mike, Scott - it was great to meet all you guys. Had a great time and looking forward to the next event. I have been watching video trying to find more time on the track. I think I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for next time. ;) Gary, impressive what you accomplished on those stock Pzeros!

Oh, and the car sounds so much more aggressive in the video with the external mic. Aim is on my list for sure.

Roddy
07-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Nice! I was just at Laguna Seca on Wednesday, that is one hell of a track. Holy corkscrew.