PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about this car?

Canadian venom
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1994-Dodge-Viper-Sports-Car-W0QQAdIdZ438607079

I'm dying to add a gen 1 next to my gen 3. Any of you know about this car? Thanks

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
That's a little price if you ask me. I've seen Gen 1's going for under 35 and even 30 around here (Toronto) with similar mileage and im sure condition.

Canadian venom
12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Really? All the one I see are high millage or with a salvage title and this one is about 2 hours from where I live... Also I want red. Is it just me or the black ones are cheaper?

canadian viper
12-04-2013, 08:49 PM
dont waste your time with that dealer.

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 09:09 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1994-Dodge-Viper-Sports-Car-W0QQAdIdZ438607079

I'm dying to add a gen 1 next to my gen 3. Any of you know about this car? Thanks

Interesting how everyone has different tastes. In our case, opposite totally. I own a Gen 2 and a Gen 4. If I were to get a Gen 1 I would look into a 1992. There is one for sale but he is asking waaaay too much IMO anayway.

Canadian venom
12-04-2013, 09:47 PM
dont waste your time with that dealer.

Why? His cars seems all overpriced but is there something else?

Canadian venom
12-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Interesting how everyone has different tastes. In our case, opposite totally. I own a Gen 2 and a Gen 4. If I were to get a Gen 1 I would look into a 1992. There is one for sale but he is asking waaaay too much IMO anayway.
I saw that one :rolleyes:....of course a 92 would be nice, but any gen 1 would do;)

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I saw that one :rolleyes:....of course a 92 would be nice, but any gen 1 would do;)

Why a Gen 1 and not a Gen 2? Just asking and curious.

Canadian venom
12-05-2013, 05:00 AM
Why a Gen 1 and not a Gen 2? Just asking and curious.

Because it's the beginning, the original, I love the look, the rawness, no power window no nothing and side pipe to burn the legs of my passengers :t1567:

A gen 2 gts would be the next to add to my collection....

Garron
12-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Why? His cars seems all overpriced but is there something else?

You don't know how far they will go on price until you drive it and make an offer.

Canadian venom
12-05-2013, 06:38 AM
You don't know how far they will go on price until you drive it and make an offer.

That's what I think, maybe they just want to have the margin for the trade-in ;), but I'm wondering why Canadian Viper tell me not to waste my time with that dealer...I'm asking here because for sure one of you guys know about that car or dealer...

canadian viper
12-05-2013, 07:42 PM
i tried to buy a viper from that dealer and he jerked me around for hours. i gave up and bought from another dealer.

Canadian venom
12-06-2013, 08:54 AM
i tried to buy a viper from that dealer and he jerked me around for hours. i gave up and bought from another dealer.

That sucks, maybe he learn from it...

slowhatch
12-06-2013, 10:05 AM
That sucks, maybe he learn from it...

Maybe so. Get a figure in your mind and don't deviate from it. If he comes down to it and the car is right, by all means. If not, take a walk, something else will pop up.

Canadian venom
12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Maybe so. Get a figure in your mind and don't deviate from it. If he comes down to it and the car is right, by all means. If not, take a walk, something else will pop up.

Exactly, the right car is somewhere, waiting for me :t1567:

City
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd hate to buy a Viper from anyone but a known club member, or at least a car known to any of our renown dealers/techs. See if you can find out where the car was serviced or at least where it spent it's former life.

Canadian venom
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd hate to buy a Viper from anyone but a known club member, or at least a car known to any of our renown dealers/techs. See if you can find out where the car was serviced or at least where it spent it's former life.

Good advices, that's why I'm asking here, maybe the previous owner was member of the Ontario region...

slitherv10
12-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I personally have not seen this car here in the past few years. I always see most of the great deals up there in Quebec and Montreal. Down here in Toronto with the big market and all, it seems cars are priced a lot higher. No one in your area selling anything? I would wait and see as it is winter and some will start to pop up soon. If you don't get one by end of February then the market will start to take an upswing again and you'll miss the " EL Cheapo market".

Canadian venom
12-07-2013, 04:28 AM
I personally have not seen this car here in the past few years. I always see most of the great deals up there in Quebec and Montreal. Down here in Toronto with the big market and all, it seems cars are priced a lot higher. No one in your area selling anything? I would wait and see as it is winter and some will start to pop up soon. If you don't get one by end of February then the market will start to take an upswing again and you'll miss the " EL Cheapo market".
All the gen1 for sale in Quebec are either high mileage for me ( over 50) or salvage :( and even in Ontario I do not see that many gen1... I might end up buying an American one... I 'll go see that one but don't know why it's there for a while....

bitn4ever
12-08-2013, 08:09 AM
The Viper club of Ontario has a classified section on our website. There are currently two Vipers listed for sale. Not sure if they're still avalable but they are being sold by members. http://www.ontariovipers.com/classifieds

slitherv10
12-08-2013, 08:31 AM
The Viper club of Ontario has a classified section on our website. There are currently two Vipers listed for sale. Not sure if they're still avalable but they are being sold by members. http://www.ontariovipers.com/classifieds

The Venom Red one has gone to a very nice gentleman.:smileys-car-driving

Mopar Boy
12-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I would also say a bit hight for year and mileage....but that is typical of dealer so I would agree if an offer was made, they likely would drop $5000 or so to where it is a bit more realistic.

But who wants a red car..... ;)

FlashFyre
12-08-2013, 09:56 AM
The Venom Red one has gone to a very nice gentleman.:smileys-car-driving

You buy Serge's 08? That is a pretty low price. He must have got posted out of Trenton because I haven't seen him around in a year or so.

Canadian venom
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I would also say a bit hight for year and mileage....but that is typical of dealer so I would agree if an offer was made, they likely would drop $5000 or so to where it is a bit more realistic.

But why wants a red car..... ;)

:t1567:

slitherv10
12-08-2013, 07:10 PM
You buy Serge's 08? That is a pretty low price. He must have got posted out of Trenton because I haven't seen him around in a year or so.

Yes. I believe he'll be back in Trenton around late next summer. Great guy to say the least.

Sainthitch
12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
ya i bought my gen 1, 2 years ago for 35k with taxes with only 18,000km. picture perfect shape as well. You should be able to find them around the 30-35k