PDA

View Full Version : Full Header/ Exhaust for Gen IV

TCurtner
06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
I am looking at adding a full header to tailpipe to tip system to my Gen IV...what are options, what are costs, what vendors do this, etc. etc. (i see that i can search and find some answers mixed in multiple threads, but it'd be nice to have it all in one).
Also - is it a DIY possibility? (i am mechanically savvy)

:bth_smiley_formula1

ACRucrazy
06-28-2015, 09:46 AM
http://www.mandmperformance.net/

Vprbite
06-30-2015, 08:37 PM
I just recently did coated belanger headers, High flow cats, and corsa catback. All from a Jon B at partsrack. The deal with him was better than I could find anywhere else, as per usual. The corsa catback makes sure there is no drone which I am very sensitive to. I am a musician and have extremely sensitive ears and drone would be an absolute deal breaker for me. It sounds great and power was instantly noticible. It really makes its presence known on start up or when you stomp on the loud pedal. But when cruising around town in 4th or the freeway in 6th, you can listen to the stereo at normal levels or talk to your passenger. I mean, we just did a long cruise through an old mining town and my day started with driving at 6 am and I finally got home at about 5 pm and sound was great, even with a long day.

Also it does run cooler. You can grab the side sills after driving, I mean you wouldn't want to hold onto them for a really long time but you can definitely touch them without getting burned. This of course means the whole system is running better. A few weeks ago driving up to Phoenix I had to turn the AC up cause the inside of the car was getting too cold.
I absolutely recommend this set up, especially for a street car. You can take it to the tack and it as awesome for that but I think you want coated headers on a street car. Non coated headers on a street car can melt stuff as I understand it.

So these are my recommendations. Feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

FLATOUT
06-30-2015, 09:04 PM
I'd be more than happy to sell you a full ARH system through ViperExchange. Shoot me an email awheeler@viperexchange.com