Turk
06-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Anyone up for a cruise today?

Chorps
06-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Got goddaughter's bday today, sorry.

Viktimize
06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
I just turned down work tomorrow, so I'm good to go for Sunday.

Turk
06-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe we could do a day trip to Red Deer/Sylvan Lake tomorrow

Tylerqb
08-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Any body up for a cruise in Edmonton? Just bought a viper couple weeks ago.

supersnake
08-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Come on down to Red Deer, We are always touring some where.

Turk
08-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Hey Tylerqb, there is definitely a few of us in Edmonton that are always up for a cruise. Depending on weather there are a couple of us going to the A&W weekly car show this Friday (12222 137 Ave NW). A cruise down to Red Deer is always a good idea as well.

Tylerqb
08-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Ill show at white oaks on Friday. What time?. I was there a couple weeks ago but it had just started to rain so people were taking off.

Edmonton roads are in brutal shape this year.

darbgnik
08-26-2015, 02:10 AM
You're so close to Castrol, might as well take that puppy to its native environment, the roadcourse!

Turk
08-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Ill show at white oaks on Friday. What time?. I was there a couple weeks ago but it had just started to rain so people were taking off.

Edmonton roads are in brutal shape this year.

We will probably show up around 6:30-7pm.

supersnake
08-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Ron and Myself will probably be ready for a cruise on Sunday. Let us know were you would like to meet

Redx
08-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Hey Tylerqb, there is definitely a few of us in Edmonton that are always up for a cruise. Depending on weather there are a couple of us going to the A&W weekly car show this Friday (12222 137 Ave NW). A cruise down to Red Deer is always a good idea as well.

I thought a&w was a thurs night deal? Or both?

Should have a big get together before the years over.

BOOSTED
08-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Im going down to Calgary to pick up an 04 for the wife tomorrow , but we should be game to come out to A&W if everyone is meeting tomorrow ??

TylerQB , im pretty sure you inquired on my Camaro when I had it for sale earlier this year ! Nice to see you in a Viper now

Turk
08-27-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought a&w was a thurs night deal? Or both?

Should have a big get together before the years over.

Usually I go on Friday, but with there MS fundraiser tonight they may have moved it to tonight. I say we meet up tomorrow at 6:30 still and if nothing is going on there we can do our own little cruise.

Turk
08-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Sounds like we have at least 3 cars confirmed tonight and another 2-3 that might be able to make it

Turk
08-30-2015, 07:11 PM
A picture from Friday night. It was nice to meet more viper owners.12912

Madmav
08-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Do any of you Edmonton guys track your viper ??

Turk
08-31-2015, 09:54 PM

I haven't tracked my Viper yet. Maybe one day I will get out there

darbgnik
08-31-2015, 10:03 PM
Im at Castrol's roadcourse at least 5 times a year, and I'm 5 hours away. I've got another one on Saturday actually.

You guys really gotta go, at least once. You'll fall in love with your car all over again once you see what it can really do.

Viktimize
09-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Guess I gotta pay more attention to this forum. I was in town this weekend, would've been up for a cruise. It's too bad the track isn't easier to get out to.

Madmav
09-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Track junkies sept 7th, register online. Doesn't get any easier. Thought I would maybe go once or twice a year, but after going once I cant stop. This will be my 6 th time this year.

Tylerqb
09-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Im going down to Calgary to pick up an 04 for the wife tomorrow , but we should be game to come out to A&W if everyone is meeting tomorrow ??

TylerQB , im pretty sure you inquired on my Camaro when I had it for sale earlier this year ! Nice to see you in a Viper now

Ya, that was me. I was super stoked about your car. I told everyone about it lol. Would have loved to have it, But the ACR isn't so bad either!

A picture from Friday night. It was nice to meet more viper owners.12912

Had a good group going. To bad traffic didn't open up on grout.

I plan to get out to Castrol some time.

Im at Castrol's roadcourse at least 5 times a year, and I'm 5 hours away. I've got another one on Saturday actually.

You guys really gotta go, at least once. You'll fall in love with your car all over again once you see what it can really do.

If I can find new tires this week, Ill try and get out for Sunday. Any good tire places? Looking for Pilot Sport Cups.

Track junkies sept 7th, register online. Doesn't get any easier. Thought I would maybe go once or twice a year, but after going once I cant stop. This will be my 6 th time this year.

Seems like a decent deal to get out there. Is there an instructor?

darbgnik
09-02-2015, 02:28 AM
If I can find new tires this week, Ill try and get out for Sunday. Any good tire places? Looking for Pilot Sport Cups.

Seems like a decent deal to get out there. Is there an instructor?

Sorry to say, the Sport Cups in Viper sizes have been discontinued. Some come up on eBay, but mostly rears........ If I were you, I'd take advantage of the factory direct deal the VOA has with Pirelli, and get a set of Corsas(decent track day tire), it's a great deal, but wont happen by the weekend for sure........... I doubt you'll be successful in finding Viper sized tires in stock anywhere. I have over 2 full sets in the garage right now, after I just put on new fronts today.

And for an extra 100 bucks track junkies will give you an instructor. The also make it easy for you, by putting cones everwhere you need to aim, just connect the dots, lol

I personally have never run with that group, but if I wasn't in my group, I would.

Viktimize
09-06-2015, 09:11 AM

Did they stop selling out the second registration opens?

Madmav
09-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Registration closed on the 4th for sept 7th, but it's open for sept 11. That's the second last event of the year, if anyone is thinking of going to the track, register as soon as possible it does sell out and I guarantee you will love it. The green group is a no pressure environment, you don't need to go any faster then you feel comfortable doing. And great instructors are available for only 100$

Redx
09-06-2015, 12:33 PM
When is the last one madmav?

darbgnik
09-06-2015, 01:00 PM
When is the last one madmav?

Monday, Oct 12th. Quite a way out. Better try to get in on the 11th.

And don't panic if all of a sudden the weather forecast calls for rain. The track in the rain is fun, not the fastest, but fun. You'll still be cornering faster than you've ever done on the street on a wet track. Actually, years ago, my first ever track event was in the rain. Lots of fun.

Redx
09-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Monday, Oct 12th. Quite a way out. Better try to get in on the 11th.

And don't panic if all of a sudden the weather forecast calls for rain. The track in the rain is fun, not the fastest, but fun. You'll still be cornering faster than you've ever done on the street on a wet track. Actually, years ago, my first ever track event was in the rain. Lots of fun.

Im out of the country till the 12th otherwise i would. I may get in on the oct 12 event.

Tylerqb
09-17-2015, 10:35 AM
New Pirelli Corsas arrived. Any suggestions for a shop in Edmonton to mount and balance?

Turk
09-17-2015, 10:10 PM
I've only ever used Kal Tire in Sherwood Park, but I wouldn't say they did an amazing job. I was just too lazy to shop around and the local dodge dealer refused to touch any viper tires. On another note, sounds like we have a few cars going to the White Oaks A&W again tomorrow night. I plan on being there around 7:30

n49
09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
In Kelowna I have used the local BMW shop as Kelowna Chrysler suggested them. They do a great job! Maybe check BMW in Edmonton?

Redx
09-20-2015, 10:21 PM
New Pirelli Corsas arrived. Any suggestions for a shop in Edmonton to mount and balance?

I only trust wheels plus, a little more pricey than your average shop, they came out perfect.

Madmav
10-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Anyone going to the last track junkies event on the 12 th?? It looks like it should be a nice day for it

Turk
10-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Anyone up for a cruise in Edmonton tomorrow night? Looks like it will be good weather.

Tylerqb
10-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Where can I take my car in for service in Edmonton? Any one have a good experience with a dealer or have a good viper tech?

Viktimize
10-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Where can I take my car in for service in Edmonton? Any one have a good experience with a dealer or have a good viper tech?

I've always had good luck with Derrick Dodge on both my Vipers.

parabs
01-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Sorry to say, the Sport Cups in Viper sizes have been discontinued. Some come up on eBay, but mostly rears........ If I were you, I'd take advantage of the factory direct deal the VOA has with Pirelli, and get a set of Corsas(decent track day tire), it's a great deal, but wont happen by the weekend for sure........... I doubt you'll be successful in finding Viper sized tires in stock anywhere. I have over 2 full sets in the garage right now, after I just put on new fronts today.

And for an extra 100 bucks track junkies will give you an instructor. The also make it easy for you, by putting cones everwhere you need to aim, just connect the dots, lol

I personally have never run with that group, but if I wasn't in my group, I would.

Thoughts on the Toyo R888's? They list the OE sizes for the viper and I have read guys stateside can get them..just curious if they are a viable option. Going aftermarket on the rims to the 19's front and rear would give the option of running the ACR spec khumo's...

Turk
01-07-2016, 07:49 PM
I've heard from other forum posts that the r888 isn't that good of a tire, and most guys suggest going to the Khumo's

8400cc
08-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Registration closed on the 4th for sept 7th, but it's open for sept 11. That's the second last event of the year, if anyone is thinking of going to the track, register as soon as possible it does sell out and I guarantee you will love it. The green group is a no pressure environment, you don't need to go any faster then you feel comfortable doing. And great instructors are available for only 100$

Hey guys , new to the viper scene as well as road racing altogether . I am interested in the sep 11 registration with a coach . How do I proceed . I am local and live in Edmonton .

Madmav
08-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Hey guys , new to the viper scene as well as road racing altogether . I am interested in the sep 11 registration with a coach . How do I proceed . I am local and live in Edmonton .

That was last years dates but still lots of dates left this year, August 19,20,26 September 5,23 and October 10. If any of those dates work for you just go to www.castrolraceway.com click on road coarse then on track junkies then register on the day you want. It's a great place to start if your new to the track and worth the money

Turk
08-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Hey it was nice meeting you yesterday. I was in the Grey GTS. The stryker green on your car is such an amazing color. As for that track event, I believe that was from a post last year. Track Junkies still has a few events left this year and you can check them out here http://www.trackjunkies.ca/upcoming-track-junkies-events/. I personally haven't been to a Track Junkies event so I'm not sure how many Vipers show up and what kind of coaching they give you. Maybe someone who has been before will chime in

8400cc
08-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Hey it was nice meeting you yesterday. I was in the Grey GTS. The stryker green on your car is such an amazing color. As for that track event, I believe that was from a post last year. Track Junkies still has a few events left this year and you can check them out here http://www.trackjunkies.ca/upcoming-track-junkies-events/. I personally haven't been to a Track Junkies event so I'm not sure how many Vipers show up and what kind of coaching they give you. Maybe someone who has been before will chime in

Ya , nice meeting you guys too . I flew through an intersection on Sunday in Windermere and spotted a black gen 5 , not sure who's that was. Anyway , I soon realized when I went to the track junkies page I was off on the dates . Would be interesting to get a taste of the track scene and improve my skills none the less . If anyone wants to go for a quick evening cruise this week , let me know . Thanks.

BrianACR
08-08-2016, 01:23 PM
There are always guys wanting to meet up for a cruise :D Looks like its supposed to be nice on friday. I'd be up for hanigin out friday evening

8400cc
08-09-2016, 01:36 PM
There are always guys wanting to meet up for a cruise :D Looks like its supposed to be nice on friday. I'd be up for hanigin out friday evening

Ya if weather is good I'm in for Friday !!!

Turk
08-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Red Deer is having there Mopar car show on Saturday. Anyone want to cruise down and check it out?

BrianACR
08-11-2016, 12:35 PM
I would love to head down there and check that out! Too bad I'm already spoken for tomorrow...

Chorps
08-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Ugh. Need to work on Saturday.

donk_316
09-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I just missed the cut off for tomorrows track day so I emailed them to see if they can get me in.

Love to get my car on the track this year.

Turk
09-05-2016, 03:21 PM
I just missed the cut off for tomorrows track day so I emailed them to see if they can get me in.

Love to get my car on the track this year.

Let us know how the track day goes. I haven't been to Track Junkies for a while, and it's looking like we don't have too many good weather days left.

donk_316
09-05-2016, 03:23 PM
I missed it. They emailed me back but they were sold out anyways. They have 2 more(?) sept 23 or oct 10.
I'll be away at work for both those. I think I'll have to wait until next year now.

Viktimize
09-05-2016, 08:53 PM
My car is going for an oil change ASAP and then it is parked for the winter. :furious:

Turk
09-05-2016, 10:03 PM
My car is going for an oil change ASAP and then it is parked for the winter. :furious:

Why so soon? September usually turns out to be a good month. I generally put mine away the last week of October.

BrianACR
09-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Ya same here. I'll park it in October some time. Probably won't get much more driving in this year though. Got a 4-5 week shutdown starting on Monday.
Any of you guys want to meet up on Friday evening if it's nice out??

Fireball36
09-06-2016, 01:18 PM
I try to drive mine at least once a month during the winter - I never 'put mine away'.

I also get a motorcycle ride in at least once every calendar month - I rarely miss a month.

Greg

donk_316
09-06-2016, 01:22 PM
In Edmonton?!

I would be up for a Friday meet - cruise. Supposed to be sunny and 18

Turk
09-06-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm up for a cruise on Friday.

Fireball, I only wish we got Chinooks like Calgary does, I would love to drive mine all year

BrianACR
09-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Well then lets plan to meet up on Friday!! I'll text some of the other locals. Meet at the Tims on 50st south of whitemud again?

Redx
09-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Well then lets plan to meet up on Friday!! I'll text some of the other locals. Meet at the Tims on 50st south of whitemud again?

I might be in, depending if my clutch leg works lol

Viktimize
09-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Why so soon? September usually turns out to be a good month. I generally put mine away the last week of October.

Didn't get a single day in last September either. And with only 2-4 days of free time the entire month, I don't foresee the car coming out on those days.

donk_316
09-06-2016, 07:42 PM
What time works for everyone. I'm free all day every day for another week or so.

BrianACR
09-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Usualy we meet 630-7 ish then go wherever from there. Easy to get to place. Tim Hortons just south of the whitemud on 50 st.
Greg, what did you do to your clutch leg??

Redx
09-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Usualy we meet 630-7 ish then go wherever from there. Easy to get to place. Tim Hortons just south of the whitemud on 50 st.
Greg, what did you do to your clutch leg??

My knee surgery seem to have failed me, starting to walk again yesterday so 50/50 I'll be there.

donk_316
09-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Worse case scenario someone can pick you up and drop you off.

Chorps
09-07-2016, 11:04 PM
I am out of town. >:-(

Turk
09-07-2016, 11:47 PM
I am out of town. >:-(

Oh man. Tony! I haven't seen the ACR close up since you got her fixed.

Chorps
09-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Well I am back now. :-P

Turk
09-16-2016, 02:26 PM
looks like good weather tonight. anyone up for a cruise? I can only go till about 930pm

donk_316
09-16-2016, 06:04 PM
We are going to the horse races tonight.

Who's silver convertible G4 is at Derrick Dodge?

viper04blk
09-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Dam, the weather is so good, I wish I could go for a drive tonight. Drive way has a 6" drop from the garage pad, and miles of rebar... and another 6" climb to the road.

Probably wont get my car out for another 2-3weeks

donk_316
09-16-2016, 08:15 PM
I'll probably be driving around from 9-10

viper04blk
10-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Anyone meeting up for a cruise before it snows? I am a couple of days away from finally being able to drive my car after it was left stranded in my garage due to construction.

Turk
10-02-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm hoping to get out some time this week. I haven't looked at the weather, but I'm up for a cruise.

Chorps
10-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Depending on the day I'd be up for it. Weekend is likely best for me.

BrianACR
10-03-2016, 07:14 PM
I might be able to head out too. Depends when. Wait and see what work does. I'm on shutdown right now so working 7 days/week, 12+ hour days....