PDA

View Full Version : V with other Supercars

Policy Limits
12-03-2013, 09:07 PM
We all know how great the V looks. Here's a test: park her next to other high end exotics. How does she hold up then?

Here's my car next to 458 Spider, 599 GTB, MC Stradale, FF, Evora, Granturismo Sport, Scuderia & Gallardo.

You be the Judge.

Who else has pics of the V with other supercars?

Policy Limits
12-03-2013, 09:30 PM
A few more, R8 V10 added too.

Stretch
12-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Great pics! I'd say it holds up very well in that company.

Newport Viper
12-03-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled-85.jpg

Policy Limits
12-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Nice^^. That a McLaren?

Bill Pemberton
12-04-2013, 09:14 AM
So tell us , how much excitement did that curvy redhead elict among your friends with those other sensous shaped Supercars!?

Policy Limits
12-04-2013, 09:46 AM
To be honest when they first heard I was getting the V they were against it. One even said the viper is just a bunch of parts pieced together without any real engineering behind it. Then when they were educated about the many changes for 2013 and when they experienced it in person: sat in it, heard it, saw it they seemed to like it a lot more.

Lotus guy loves it, Lambo guy likes it, Ferrari guys are mixed. I can tell you what spoke volumes was the attention my car got over theirs while next to theirs from random members of the public. This is ESP true with the hood opened.

In the end all that matters is owner satisfaction and overall I feel like it was a fun change for me.

VENOM V
12-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Man that looks like a kick, Rick. Is this one of your rallies, or just getting together with friends?

I'd like to find a group like that in NorCal to hang out with.

By the way, at the track no one would ever say that the Viper is just a bunch of parts pieced together without any real engineering behind it. Being a fairly new track rat, I still have yet to drive against a single exotic that has turned a faster lap time than the Viper. The only one faster so far was a modded Z06 with a very skilled driver behind the wheel at Laguna Seca. The Viper is respected at the track. And if someone doesn't take it seriously, they are in for a big surprise :bth_smiley_formula1

ViperSmith
12-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I think the comments of "Lotus guys love it" "Ferrari guys are mixed" speaks volumes to the target audiences. I see Lotus owners are much more track focused and appreciating performance machines. Where the "average" F car owner likes how it looks in his garage (yes I am generalizing)

While there is an occasional squeek or rattle in the Viper, to think it is a bunch of parts held together by ducktape just shows ignorance. But, good you are educating them.

Policy Limits
12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Ha. Just informal get togethers with friends. I like to mix all brands together and do road trips.

Hope to try Limerock in CT or motor speedway in NH next season as I've never been on a track before and wouldn't mind trying it. Maybe I'll have wifey get me a helmet for an Xmas present ;)

F2V
12-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Love the classic soft curved lines of the G5...lo-o-ong graceful GTS hood. Nothing came close to it.

Policy Limits
12-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah the hood is simply one of the sexiest parts I've ever seen on a car.