PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat JGC: confirmed [apparently]

ViperSmith
06-18-2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/sources-707-hp-jeep-grand-cherokee-hellcat-coming-121865197242.html

the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat is coming.

The Cherokee Hellcat project - codenamed "Trackhawk" (which is now trademarked by Chrysler) - will feature an improved all-wheel-drive system with a "beefed-up" transfer case, along with "other improved driveline components". In fact, the new Cherokee Hellcat could burrow technology from the Ram Diesel's 8HP70 4WD System.

level of want is terribly high

shine
06-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Lots of people were begging for a JGC Hellcat to be made.

We'll see if people put their money where their mouths are.

As a previous 07 JGC SRT owner, I can say, even with a measly 420 HP the Jeep is a beast. At 700, I can only imagine...

Luisv
06-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah.... I have to say that of the Hellcats.... this would be top of list. I've got a friend down here in Florida that has an SRT 8 Jeep that he poked and stroked. It's a 426 with head work. It's about 600HP now. He runs crazy times with the thing. Sounds the way I'd like my Charger SRT8 to sound. I can only imagine what a Hellcat will be like.

commandomatt
06-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Complete waste of development money.

What's next....a Hellcat Mini Van ??

Ridiculous and why anyone would want one of these is beyond me

...and what is this thread doing in the 'Viper General' forum anyway ??

drewsss
06-18-2015, 10:01 PM

...and what is this thread doing in the 'Viper General' forum anyway ??

:t1236:

Coloviper
06-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Agree probably does not belong in a General Viper forum section but to say it is a stupid, waste of development money that nobody would want, all I can say is you could not be more wrong. The want is off the charts for many, me included. Considering I spend 90% of my time in a daily driver Cayenne Turbo S, 5% in my Viper, and 5% in my S351R Saleen Speedster, many would argue the stupid part is owning my Viper and Saleen and any development in them.

Personally the fact you can't figure that demand out is the more ridiculous part of this conversation. Seriously, do you have anything positive to say these days?

5150VPR
06-18-2015, 11:26 PM
I'm just going to throw the big Kenny bell on my 2014 srt gc and have 901 at the crank. Hellkitty will get eaten by my hellhound.

Shooter
06-19-2015, 12:12 AM
If they build it, I'll buy one. My 06 GC SRT 8 was one of the funnest vehicles I have owned. A Jeep with 700 hp...and a warranty will be a blast.

IndyRon
06-19-2015, 12:32 AM
If they build it, I'll buy one. My 06 GC SRT 8 was one of the funnest vehicles I have owned. A Jeep with 700 hp...and a warranty will be a blast.

I'm in also. Of the hellcat vehicles, the only one that doesn't make sense to me is the Charger...I think you'll see that this will outsell the Charger and Challenger combined. Those that think it is a waste of money, go drive a SC Range Rover Sport and you'll change your mind...and the range only has 5xx hp. All the functionality of an SUV while still being fun to drive!

outnumbered
06-19-2015, 06:42 AM
I believe I remember reading somewhere that the SRT Jeep is the number 1 selling SRT vehicle.

Edit

Yep......

http://www.torquenews.com/3539/should-fca-bring-hellcat-jeep-market

ViperSmith
06-19-2015, 07:04 AM
The assertion no one wants it is preposterous.

It'll sell a lot more than the ACR that is for sure, since we want to talk about "investment"

swexlin
06-19-2015, 07:04 AM
Around here, the best selling SRT is the Challenger. They are all over, but I can go weeks or months without seeing a Charger (and I owned an 07 SRT8 Charger) or JGC SRT. Not sure why. I dearly miss my Charger, and would like to get pick up a used Hellcat in a couple years. I've seen two at shows recently, and the are simply MEAN ASS looking!

Joel
06-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Less than 2000 SRT8 JGC were sold each year in 2009-10 model years and all the Hellcats are gone for this year. However many of each they sell, it is nice to know Chrysler is still in the performance game besides Vipers.

I'm in also. Of the hellcat vehicles, the only one that doesn't make sense to me is the Charger...I think you'll see that this will outsell the Charger and Challenger combined. Those that think it is a waste of money, go drive a SC Range Rover Sport and you'll change your mind...and the range only has 5xx hp. All the functionality of an SUV while still being fun to drive!

The_Greg
06-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Giggidy.

To the naysayers: live a little. Get drunk off of cheap beer. This Trackhawk isn't aiming for the LaFerrari - it's just plain cool.

Roddy
06-19-2015, 09:14 AM
I'd buy one, but the current SRT8 GC is impressive enough for an SUV for me.

viper_eddie
06-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Just to make this "Viper General" related, it seems Chrysler is putting more horsepower in everything but the Viper lol...at least for now.

ViperPete
06-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Love it!!!

Put the Hellcat engine in the Dodge Dart next!

Maybe not.....

Viper Specialty
06-19-2015, 11:23 AM
My order will be in... that's for sure.

Viper Specialty
06-19-2015, 11:24 AM

Some of us prefer to drive ridiculously fast daily drivers that are still very useful.

You need to get out more. The Jeep SRT's are the perfect compliment to the Viper.

ViperGTS
06-19-2015, 12:10 PM
The BEST DD I ever had!

Brad00GTS
06-19-2015, 12:10 PM
I know most of you have more money than you know what to do with. While I think a JGC Hellcat is a great idea, I think it will be a tough sell at $90K plus.

Viper Specialty
06-19-2015, 12:17 PM
I know most of you have more money than you know what to do with. While I think a JGC Hellcat is a great idea, I think it will be a tough sell at $90K plus.

My 2014 was 76K by the time it was done. I would happily pay 14K more for an extra 250 horsepower... its not a stretch. Look at the competition, they are 125K-175K, and not any more impressive than the current Jeep SRT in any other category then horsepower... and nowhere near 700+ on any of them.

I think the lesson has been taught for those paying attention- people are paying 100K for Hellcats on a cheaper base vehicle. Make it crazy, and people will flock to buy it in droves!

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Some of us prefer to drive ridiculously fast daily drivers that are still very useful.

You need to get out more. The Jeep SRT's are the perfect compliment to the Viper.

+1
My wife's 2009 SRT8 Jeep will be for sale if the Hellcat Jeep becomes a reality. Dan hit the nail on the head - perfect compliment to the Viper already, but adding 250hp puts it into another league.

Considering the Challenger and Charger are melting tires like it's their job, it's also really useful R+D for Chrysler to see what they can do with AWD and that much power... You never know how it will shake out in competition for AMG, Porsche, RangeRoverSC, etc a few years down the road.

City
06-19-2015, 12:41 PM
+1
My wife's 2009 SRT8 Jeep will be for sale if the Hellcat Jeep becomes a reality. Dan hit the nail on the head - perfect compliment to the Viper already, but adding 250hp puts it into another league.

Considering the Challenger and Charger are melting tires like it's their job, it's also really useful R+D for Chrysler to see what they can do with AWD and that much power... You never know how it will shake out in competition for AMG, Porsche, RangeRoverSC, etc a few years down the road.

I'll be in the same mode with our 2014. Maybe I can talk Courtney into a 2014? Isn't that too much of an increase in HP for her? (soooo doubting this ploy will work) :)

ViperPete
06-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Americans like exciting vehicles! PERIOD!

Americans will buy them as long as they are produced.

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 01:14 PM
I'll be in the same mode with our 2014. Maybe I can talk Courtney into a 2014? Isn't that too much of an increase in HP for her? (soooo doubting this ploy will work) :)

:-) Might be a tough sell Scott.

At the 2013 reveal party, Ralph gave her a hug and said I love your jeep, that was the real "hot rod" one... I think that's burned in her memory. And when the topic of Hellcat Jeep comes up she says "that's the only one I would give up my 09 for...."

Speaking of your 2014 - are you coming to the AUTOCROSS AT LIME ROCK JULY 11.....?? #shamelessplug

City
06-19-2015, 01:33 PM
I won't run, but if I can find the time and it's a nice day, I'd like to make the drive.

06-19-2015, 05:55 PM

Vprbite
06-19-2015, 06:14 PM
I think owning one will make my weenie bigger. It will probably come with the two fob sysem, wouldn't you think? I have no doubt in my mind that it will sell. I think it will sell to the same people who buy the srt jeeps now. It's just a beefed up version of them. Pretty cool. Though how does that power translate to the snow? Or right now, one can tow a little with the SRT jeeps right? Would the hellcat motor lend itself to towing?

Coloviper
06-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Maybe it will come with 3 keys. A white key for winter. Either way, it will be a hot ticket. My ole 06' Cayenne Turbo S will be out if they make this vehicle.

Vprbite
06-19-2015, 07:09 PM
Cayenne turbo is a fun car. But I could see why you would want to make the change.

ACRucrazy
06-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Hoping for a Durango Hellcat. The Durango is a sexy vehicle and I wish there were more buyers for them!

swexlin
06-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Carlisle is in 3 weeks. Last year, they unveiled the Hellcat Challenger. So this year, I expect the big unveil to be the Jeep Hellcat, along with the ACR of course. Should be cool to see!

Coloviper
06-20-2015, 07:51 AM
It has been a good truck! Bought it used in 2008 with 30k miles on it. Came certified pre-owned with 7 yr, 100k mile bumper to bumper factory warranty. Original MSRP was $136k, I bought used from Porsche for $62k during Global financial meltdown.

It is almost 10 years old now and I have 118k miles on it. Been rock solid and just a great safe truck. Really very few issues except Porsche Cayenne specifics but when it does, always $1k or $3k to fix so with what they are worth now used, it is coming to a tipping point at some point. This new Jeep Hellcat/Trackhawk 707 will be the excuse to change out. Even if they derate it to say 650hp, it will still be worth it.

Wife's truck is a 2004 Cayenne Turbo which we bought certified pre-owned in Spring of 2005. Was only 9 months old with 3,300 miles on it. Original MSRP was $110k and we bought it for $78k at the time. Has 75k miles on it now. Again has been very solid. Waiting for a Tesla Model X to come out and a couple of years to work out launch issues for a new model entry then seriously consider it. That is the one she wants.

Crazy but as much as I love the new GEN V Viper, it is the last thing I need at this point in time for the 5% I would drive it against all my driving time and a growing family.

With where the government regs are going, this will be the last hurrah for the internal combustion motor with new cars between now and 2020. After that, it will be interesting but not looking forward to it.

Cayenne turbo is a fun car. But I could see why you would want to make the change.

XSnake
08-26-2015, 09:53 AM
I saw and got in the the JGC Trackhawk yesterday at the FCA dealer show. This thing is going to be INSANE. I tried to pop the hood but they had it disabled. Going to be a 2017.

XSnake
08-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Hoping for a Durango Hellcat. The Durango is a sexy vehicle and I wish there were more buyers for them!

There is a Durango SRT coming, not a Hellcat. Saw it yesterday as well.

Viper Specialty
08-26-2015, 04:55 PM
I got confirmation of the same from a VERY reliable source a while back. I cannot wait to see this thing.

ViperSmith
08-27-2015, 10:07 AM
http://blog.caranddriver.com/jeep-confirms-hellcat-powered-grand-cherokee-to-dealers-reveals-0-60-time/

Vipes
08-27-2015, 10:25 AM
I want to get one of these. I can't think of anything better for a fun daily driver that I could also tow a boat with.

SmoknTires
08-31-2015, 06:57 PM
It's been their worst kept secret, however it's been hard waiting for the formal announcement... Finally. I've been standing in line awaiting the announcement, now I have to wait for orders to begin. I just can't wait. I've gotten and traded my Jeep SRT every 2 years for the last 3 I've owned - because they only got better with leaps and bounds - and the hellcat will be the 4th. This will be a badass car, the type we enjoy seeing our manufacturer build! Some early rumormills had the Jeep HC at less than 3.0sec 0-60. FCA says likely 3.5 (freaking not bad). Loving it. I'm hoping the 2017 model year brings with it even more enhancements in addition to power (though the present jeeps are great here as well).

Destrukt
09-12-2015, 03:28 PM
I would buy this as my daily, since I don't drive too far for work. THIS would be perfect for loading up groceries, need to get home as fast as possible since I can't let the ice cream melt while in the car!

City
09-14-2015, 12:48 PM
No idea if this is legit.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0LEV1tGBfdVIdgA0atXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZ nF1bjJtBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjA5ODdfMQRzZWM Dc2M-?p=Jeep+Grand+Cherokee+With+Hellcat&fr=yfp-t-465#id=1&vid=0c172cfd775f9c47b7fd61238b0ea1dc&action=view

SmoknTires
09-14-2015, 12:51 PM
No it isn't. That's been around for a while. It's a jeep with a body kit I believe. Title is wrong on the video. I thought it was real the first time I saw it too.

City
09-14-2015, 12:55 PM
I've been standing in line awaiting the announcement, now I have to wait for orders to begin.

No it isn't. That's been around for a while. It's a jeep with a body kit I believe. Title is wrong on the video. I thought it was real the first time I saw it too.

Figured. Alex, please hold a place in line for me behind you.

SmoknTires
09-14-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm counting the days....