PDA

View Full Version : WTB 2008-2010 Viper Hood

dbow119
12-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm looking to buy a Gen IV OEM hood to put on my 2003 Viper. My paint color Viper Red Clear Coat so if yours is already painted that color then that would be a bonus, but not required. If you have one for sale, please let me know the condition (scratches, chips, broken, etc.) and how much you're asking. If you have a few pictures you can include then that would be a great!.

Thanks,
Derek

TowDawg
12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
It's not factory, but RSI was running a KILLER Black Fri/Cyber Mon sale on Seibon Carbon Fiber hoods. I'm not sure if it's still going on or not.
I haven't installed mine yet, but it was delivered last week and looks damn nice. I'm painting the whole thing, but the quality looks to be up there, and it's a heck of lot cheaper than a factory hood.

dbow119
12-03-2013, 06:03 PM
It's not factory, but RSI was running a KILLER Black Fri/Cyber Mon sale on Seibon Carbon Fiber hoods. I'm not sure if it's still going on or not.
I haven't installed mine yet, but it was delivered last week and looks damn nice. I'm painting the whole thing, but the quality looks to be up there, and it's a heck of lot cheaper than a factory hood.
Thanks for the lead. Do you know what the Black Fridy/Cyber Monday cost was? Also let me know how it fits (I've heard some aftermarket ones leave big gaps and everything which is one reason why I was thinking OEM).

Space Truckin
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
I think the add was for $1350 plus free ship, and it looks KILLER!

cubican
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
At first I had an after market hood and it was junk!!! stick with oem .

viperj
12-11-2013, 01:38 AM
I agree stick with OEM and be very careful who you order from... Had some bad experiences...

dbow119
12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
I agree stick with OEM and be very careful who you order from... Had some bad experiences...

Is there anyone in particular you have ordered from that you would recommend? Anyone you've dealt with in the past that you had a bad experience with? Feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks!

MI Viper
12-13-2013, 10:32 AM
I have a Gen IV 2009 hood Q? How do you guys wash your hood, and NOT have water run INSIDE onto the engine? I love the looks of the hood, and it lets engine heat escape really well, but when comes to washing it, :(
Thanks,
MI Viper

Getnlwr
12-13-2013, 07:57 PM
What are you worried about hurting? Gently rinsing the hood off after cleaning it will not be like dunking the car under water.

MI Viper
12-14-2013, 08:28 PM
What are you worried about hurting? Gently rinsing the hood off after cleaning it will not be like dunking the car under water.

I guess nothing really, as I just wait for the water to drain out of the hood, lift it up and wipe down, (which leads to engine detail just about everytime...:)) the engine compartment. Just my OCD kicking in...:)