PDA

View Full Version : Look whats at B-J Scottsdale

10PISTNZ
12-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Just found this

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=998&aid=525

ViperGTS
12-03-2013, 03:09 PM
998?

10PISTNZ
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
yes 998
not sure why the link didn't go direct:(

fixed

FrankBarba
12-03-2013, 06:00 PM
No history on the Viper. It will hurt its value…I'll say 42K

Russ Oasis
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't think this car will bring an extraordinary amount. It has dealer modifications and was not a factory build like the GT-2 cars. It will be worth a little more than a standard 2002, but not a ton more. I could be wrong though.

cobraken
12-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I used to own it and would like to have it back.

ArrestMeRed04
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
What wheels are those I really like them

slitherv10
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
What it gets depends on who is there and their taste. If they like the GTS-R look they'll pay big for it, if they want stock they won't bid. So , it will get a good dollar or nothing.

AZTVR
12-04-2013, 09:11 PM
What wheels are those I really like them

They appear to be the single piece Forgeline VR1 model. Very similar in appearance to what they currently build, the GA3, 3 piece wheel. CCW does something similar in a single piece wheel.

cobraken
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
They are 19" Forgeline VR-1's. They look awesome on the car all polished up. This was the only one of the 9 Daytona24s that came with the Forgelines. The others had BBS wheels.

Red Snake
12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Thats a sweet ride. I like it.

AutoformSteve
12-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Here is a copy of an email that I sent out just last week explaining how the whole Daytona Viper project went.
"Good Morning Mark,
Those 91 cars that we did really have a spot in my heart.
Here is how they all came about…I had the idea to do those cars for quite awhile as I thought they would be kind of a legacy car for Autoform. I met a young Bernie Katz (now at the Viper Exchange) at Pocono raceway and “conned” him into letting me take his car home with me and turn it into a GTSR looking car…he agreed to let me do that. After it was finished I trailered it to Daytona to do a photo shoot and to meet with Daytona USA to get approval to use the name “Daytona” on the car.
I returned to Michigan with the car and a lot of paperwork. The next spring I took the car to Viper Days at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Mich and met with Bob Woodhouse and Bill Pemberton and formed a deal that they would supply me a new final edition cars and I would install my parts…sticker kit and numbered plate on the car and they would handle all of the sales.
We did end up doing 9 cars plus the first prototype for Bernie. My plan was to do 12 red and white cars then do 6 of the midnight blue cars (can’t remember the name of the Viper color, Sapphire I think) then do 6 more red with white stripe cars…24 total…I wish that would have worked…but we just didn’t have the sales for that at the time."

Like I said in my letter..I really am proud of what we did with those cars...it was a big project to take on for a small company like Autoform. I think we did a really good job...price point was good and it was very street-able and did resemble the race car. Like someone said earlier...when you aren't a factory backed effort it is tough...but, I did it anyway :D
Now...I hope a few people are up for the same type thing using the GenV? Autoform Commemorative GT3 R?

Fatboy 18
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Please keep us informed on what price it sells for :)

Look great don't they :)

AutoformSteve
12-06-2013, 08:10 AM
I found a few old pictures of Bernie's prototype car at the Rolex 24 and some of the photos we took for possible use in sales brochures.1661166216631664

Tomball-Dodge
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Steve this was a great project for me as well. I was at the entry level of this driving school called Viper Days where I was bitten by the Viper Racing and took a car that you created all over the country and raced it. It began life as a street car and as I became more smitten with the competition of racing wheel to wheel it turned in to a road racing GT1 race car. I had to first learn how to drive my car on the track. Viper days was an incredible platform for me to learn. It was the Paul Mumford, Sony Whelen. Paul Schley and Bernie katz forum wars. Steve you and Autoform should be credited with several cars that you have built. Steve you are an incredibly talented person and one hell of a nice guy to work with, thanks for the great memories.

My Old car became a track rat and went through several hands, recently to come back to us at BJ Motors, Tomball Dodge/Viperexchange and we sold it as a GT1 track car. This car will always hold fond memories and I am proud to say it was really good times in my life....

FrankBarba
12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
The people at Autoform are top notch. Lots of great ideas.

Bill Pemberton
12-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Actually Steve , that is incorrect ,as there are 10 cars and the one prototype you originally did. The first car was a 2000, the year that the car took the overall win at Daytona , the next ones were 2001s for a short run and then we did the 2002 Final Editions ( which meant we no longer had to paint stripes). So if you count the prototype done for Bernie , there are 11 cars out there. Bernie had wheels
done by John Purner and the ones done later mostly had BBS rims or Forgelines. Not to take anything away from CCW or John , the BBS rims were just closest to the original cars , and the Forgelines
were customer requests.

We did sell all of them , and 2 are in Jolly Ole England, but the rest are in the US as far as we know. There is another one , done late in production with a Supercharger installed by Woodhouse , and
another car that was in California was suposedly also enhanced.

Most of the work was done at Autoform and they had to work ( as Steve knows ) very hard to get approval from Daytona to do a replica of the car and the car was a superior upgrade at the time
!

Fatboy 18
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Anyone plan on bidding?

cobraken
12-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I would have been had I not just retired and still working on the financial planning part. I would be interested in finding out how the auction goes for "Stickers" (my family's nickname for her).

99RT10
12-18-2013, 02:16 PM
I found a few old pictures of Bernie's prototype car at the Rolex 24 and some of the photos we took for possible use in sales brochures.1661166216631664

Question, This hood on ebay looks exactly like the one on #91:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171194555499?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_44wt_1362

Is there anyway to tell for sure it's an autoform hood? Did you put any part number or ident plates on the underside of the hood?

Fatboy 18
12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
99% Sure that is Not an Autoform Hood, the Vents on that hood are at a 45 degree angle, the vents on the 91 cars Autoform hood are the same angle as the wheel vents ;)

AutoformSteve
12-18-2013, 05:46 PM
That is not an Autoform Hood...if you would like, you contact me and I will tell you about the experience I have prepping, fitting and painting those hoods for past customers.

Shooter
12-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Question, This hood on ebay looks exactly like the one on #91:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171194555499?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_44wt_1362

Is there anyway to tell for sure it's an autoform hood? Did you put any part number or ident plates on the underside of the hood?

Reminds me of that "Diamondback" hood.

slitherv10
12-18-2013, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=AutoformSteve;15890]That is not an Autoform Hood...if you would like, you contact me and I will tell you about the experience I have prepping, fitting and painting those hoods for past customers.[/QUOT

Ill chime in here and vouche for that as well. I will also say as a past and future customer of Autoforms, the hood he makes and alters with the vent as per the GTS-R car is perfect. Steve does awesome work and is one heck of a guy as well. My car got the Daytona package put on by him and it looks like it was factory installed.
Great work Steve.