PDA

View Full Version : Limerock Auto-X

SNKBYT
06-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Is the Auto-X and skid pad event still on the Schedule for July 11th? This is an awesome event with that allows us to really push our cars and get a feel for them in a safe setting! Maybe adding a little cone rubber like I did!

SlateEd
06-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Hey Tim, Thanks for posting up! I was just about to start this thread myself :-)

PAYMENT/REGISTRATION IS OPEN for Autocross and SkidPad at Lime Rock

http://www.nyctvoa.org/autocross-2015.html

Saturday July 11, 2015. We have the infield for the whole day, 9-5.
We are expecting a great turnout this year, and we will "sell out" at 36 drivers so don't wait to sign up!

No helmet required, no harness, fire suppression, parachutes or roll-cages... Just push the car to your own limits in a safe and fun environment. This is the most practical performance education you can get in a Viper and it's FUN!!!

Lime Rock Park's Autocross course is not cones in a parking lot - it's really a miniature road course. Imagine a sequence of highway on-ramps and off-ramps right after one another with no traffic to slow you down and no police to watch out for. It's great for beginner, intermediate and advanced drivers.

Lime Rock Park hosts its own AutoX days and the price is nearly double our VOA Member price.

The area is beautiful, and spectators are FREE - so bring the family.

thetalonguy
06-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Signed up and ready to go!

Rossa
06-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Just signed up!

99ACR
06-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Snkbyt. I don't know if you really can compete. Your car is pretty slow!

Dennis

SlateEd
06-17-2015, 09:45 PM

Dennis

Dennis you had a pretty good run last year - you better be signing up as we speak :-)

pony23
06-18-2015, 04:39 AM
I'm in!!!! Great time last year.

No more run craps. I'm ready to lay down some better times.

ViperTony
06-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Dennis you had a pretty good run last year - you better be signing up as we speak :-)

He came in 179th. Just sayin'. :p Signed up this morning.

SlateEd
06-18-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm in!!!! Great time last year.

No more run craps. I'm ready to lay down some better times.

Excellent! You'll have an even better experience this year

He came in 179th. Just sayin'. :p Signed up this morning.

Can't wait to see the GenV times this year Tony!

Viper Wizard
06-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Signed up with two drivers! :drive:
Red is fastest!! ;)

SlateEd
06-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Red is fastest!! ;)

Terrific! The second driver is a surprise guest? Also on your car?

99ACR
06-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Terrific! The second driver is a surprise guest? Also on your car?

Ed, I'm in , it's a great event. Tim will be easy to beat this year!

He'll be tired after his long ride. Tony won't even be in the running.

It's true, red is the fastest!

Dennis

SNKBYT
06-18-2015, 09:25 PM
And the driver is even slower!! I'm going to get some more help and tips from ACR Steve!!

Dennis

00VPRGTS
06-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Add another red to the list!!!

SNKBYT
06-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Red is fastest!! ;) Maybe I need to bring my red car!! Am I allowed to attend this year!!

SlateEd
06-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Maybe I need to bring my red car!! Am I allowed to attend this year!!

Tim you proved last year that gray is fastest! it wouldn't be the same without you, and you should bring whichever car you want... as long as it's gray :-)

pony23
06-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Silver is grey's illegitimate brother. Lol

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 06:21 AM

haha... if we call it Team GrayScale then I think Silver is IN.... technically White would be IN too so we get ACRSteve... I think the case is building against both Red and Yellow
:p0257:

ViperTony
06-19-2015, 08:27 AM

My money is on you this year. :D

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Quick bump before the busy weekend -

Remember spectators are FREE so if you want to come check it out you're welcome to.. be warned, you'll probably want to drive on track once you see it in person!
And VOA Members from ALL regions get the member price, not just NY/CT.

okay, carry on with the smack-talking
#Grayisfastest

Herrsss
06-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Looks like ya'll are gonna have an absolute blast . . . too bad we live so far from you so we can't participate!

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Looks like ya'll are gonna have an absolute blast . . . too bad we live so far from you so we can't participate!

If you and Richard ended up near this area for any reason you'd be welcome to take a few runs in my car :-)
man do we have a blast with the Skid Pad too hahaha

Martin2000GTS
06-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Hey Ed, I sent you an email check it out!

SNKBYT
06-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey Ed, Signed up and ready to go. Grey is not the slowest!!! I think RED is!!

ViperTony
06-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Hey Ed, Signed up and ready to go. Grey is not the slowest!!! I think RED is!!

Yeah, I'd say Grey is faster than everything other than White. :)

99ACR
06-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Tim, you better freshen up those tires, your going to need help this year!

Dennis

SlateEd
06-24-2015, 10:18 PM
:)
You know it's ON when Dennis starts the smack talking!

The rest of you fence-sitters should sign up soon - this thing is filling up fast!!

The Paid List so far:

SlateEd
Courtney SRT8
ACR Steve
Big Bill
Rossa
TalonGuy
Wizard
+1 Friend with ?
Hwy2h3ll
+1 Friend with M4
+1 Friend with Porsche
Pist0n
Pony23
ViperTony
00VPRGTS
Larry Lacey
o0bond0o
SNKBYT
99ACR
Dutch
+1 Friend with Audi
+1 Friend with 911
Todd S.
Edgar
Mike T.
Michael D.
Bob+Justin

99ACR
06-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Hey guys.

Tator is going down this year also, he is not going to sneak in with his mediocre time.!

He will need two sets of gloves and better driving shoes!

My old Gen 2 will be right behind Steve!:) forget Tim New England won't place.

Dennis

ViperTony
06-26-2015, 08:03 AM
:)
You know it's ON when Dennis starts the smack talking!

I admire Dennis. His goal for the AutoX this year is move up to 177th place from from 178th place. As for me, I'm just happy to be there watching white lightning drive his blow up doll passenger around the track. :D I think Bernie is going to take it this year, don't underestimate him.

pony23
06-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Damn, Dennis means business.

I am going to have the biggest comeback ever!!!!!!!!!!! Eye of the tiger.

SlateEd
06-26-2015, 09:09 AM
As I understand it, there are secret weapons being installed in garages all around our region... everyone's got the bug

ViperTony
06-26-2015, 09:59 AM
As I understand it, there are secret weapons being installed in garages all around our region... everyone's got the bug

I have no doubts much money has been invested in slicks, big brake kits, superchargers, aero, anti-pucker seat cushions, shocks. etc. But I get a chuckle when someone in a stock Gen 1 or stock ACR runs circles around those "secret weapons". No substitute for driver skill...right Dennis? :t0152:

pony23
06-26-2015, 01:40 PM
My secret weapon is Steve driving the car!!!!! Lol

ACR Steve
06-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Forget me its Tim you guys want to drive. He forcing me to bring up some secret weapons this year :)
This year we will have a new awards system .......it will be fun for everyone

In all honesty if you are on the fence about signing up PLEASE DO IT I promise it will be one of the best experiences you ever had driving your Viper and 100% safe

SNKBYT
06-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Steve, What's your secret weapon. Are you not going to coach me this year? I,m listening to my new coach, Dennis. !!

ACR Steve
06-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Dennis this is your year baby .......... :) although you will have to get through Big Bill first he is bringing a secret weapon for his Viper this year

SlateEd
06-30-2015, 07:13 PM
The List is growing folks - for the number of people who told me they are coming but haven't officially signed up/paid we are going to sell out!

So here's the deal - it's a race to sign up before we sell out and I'm going to extend the lower price window through the end of the day July 3.

Get those payments in before the morning of 7/4 so your spot is reserved, and get in on the smack talking! :drive:

ViperTony
06-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Dennis this is your year baby .......... :) although you will have to get through Big Bill first he is bringing a secret weapon for his Viper this year

Whoah, whoah, whoah!!!! Nobody told me that, until now, Big Bill was coming. Screw that we don't have a chance with Bill there. I want my money back. Game over man, game over! ;)

SlateEd
06-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Whoah, whoah, whoah!!!! Nobody told me that, until now, Big Bill was coming. Screw that we don't have a chance with Bill there. I want my money back. Game over man, game over! ;)

We might have a special trophy for "Best Unintentional 180 degree Drift" Tony, so you're totally still in the running :)

ViperTony
06-30-2015, 09:21 PM
We might have a special trophy for "Best Unintentional 180 degree Drift" Tony, so you're totally still in the running :)

Like I posted earlier, I'm just happy to be there. :dancingman:

Viper Wizard
07-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Hey guys.

Tator is going down this year also, he is not going to sneak in with his mediocre time.!

He will need two sets of gloves and better driving shoes!

My old Gen 2 will be right behind Steve!:) forget Tim New England won't place.

Dennis

Hey, who had their card first Dennis? :slap:

I only need one glove, the other hand is on my shifter! :p

Tim who?? :t1205:

SlateEd
07-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Hey Everyone - If you keep meaning to do this but haven't signed up yet please do it today! The price goes up $20 after midnight....

99ACR
07-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Hey Everyone - If you keep meaning to do this but haven't signed up yet please do it today! The price goes up $20 after midnight....

Bill I can't wait to see the secret weapon!
Tim, you better get extra rest fri night, your going to need it!

Dennis

SlateEd
07-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Happy Fourth!

one week until touchdown at LimeRock - Everyone be prepared to get there early.. we're doing a walk-around on track to understand the surface and talk the line at 8:30. We'll be able to start run groups at 9am

The List Updated:
SlateEd
Courtney SRT8
ACR Steve
Big Bill
Rossa
TalonGuy
Wizard
+1 Friend with ?
Hwy2h3ll
+1 Friend with M4
+1 Friend with Porsche
Pist0n
Pony23
ViperTony
00VPRGTS
Larry Lacey
o0bond0o
SNKBYT
99ACR
Dutch
+1 Friend with Audi
+1 Friend with 911
Todd S.
Edgar
Mike T.
Michael D.
Bob+Justin
Joe O.
Jon K.
Basile T.
Walt M.
Chris D.
Steve D.

thetalonguy
07-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Only five more days away! Getting ready for my podium finish this year...#GoTeamGrayScale

Anyone doing any caravan's coming from the South?

SlateEd
07-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Only five more days away! Getting ready for my podium finish this year...#GoTeamGrayScale

Anyone doing any caravan's coming from the South?

Absolutely should caravan -- guys post up some ideas on here and I'll email those who don't frequent the forum.

pony23
07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Tony, we meeting up in Cheshire again? Usual spot along 84?

#goteamgrayscale

00VPRGTS
07-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Tony, we meeting up in Cheshire again? Usual spot along 84?

#goteamgrayscale

I'll meet there. It's about an hour drive from that point so lets say meet at 6:45am and leave by 7am at the latest.

pony23
07-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Sounds like a plan.

SlateEd
07-09-2015, 09:14 PM
.... An award you probably don't want to come away with on Saturday... The other 4 of these you'll have to see at the track

Just A Dream
07-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Hey is any one from the island going up. I might take a ride up with my son. I don't think I am ready to do any heavy driving yet but a day out would be awsome

ViperTony
07-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I'll meet there. It's about an hour drive from that point so lets say meet at 6:45am and leave by 7am at the latest.

Leave at 6:45am. I'm going to get there a little early.

SNKBYT
07-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Tim who?? :t1205:[/QUOTE]

Tim who's gonna kick your slow red butt, I mean car!!!

ViperTony
07-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Tim who?? :t1205:

Tim who's gonna kick your slow red butt, I mean car!!![/QUOTE]

No, you got it right. It's one and the same. :monkeyleft:

00VPRGTS
07-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Leave at 6:45am. I'm going to get there a little early.

Okay, I'll get there earlier. Practicing your slow driving already.

ViperTony
07-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Okay, I'll get there earlier. Practicing your slow driving already.

No. I'm just happy to be there and part of it all.

SlateEd
07-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Guys, we are SOLD OUT! :)

36 drivers. Awesome response from VOA members from multiple regions!!

see you all tomorrow,

if you hadn't already signed up or contacted me about a spot to pay the day-of, sorry about that.
Any last minute questions please email NYCTVOA at Gmail

The List Updated:
SlateEd
Courtney SRT8
ACR Steve
Big Bill
Rossa
TalonGuy
Wizard
+1 Friend with ?
Hwy2h3ll
+1 Friend with M4
+1 Friend with Porsche
Pist0n
Pony23
ViperTony
00VPRGTS
Larry Lacey
o0bond0o
SNKBYT
SNKBYT's brother
99ACR
Dutch
+1 Friend with Audi
+1 Friend with 911
Todd S.
Edgar
Mike T.
Michael D.
Bob+Justin
Joe O.
Jon K.
Basile T.
Walt M.
Chris D.
Steve D.
Kyle D.
Ed J.

City
07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Guys, we are SOLD OUT! :)

36 drivers. Awesome response from VOA members from multiple regions!!

see you all tomorrow,

if you hadn't already signed up or contacted me about a spot to pay the day-of, sorry about that.
Any last minute questions please email NYCTVOA at Gmail

The List Updated:
SlateEd
Courtney SRT8
ACR Steve
Big Bill
Rossa
TalonGuy
Wizard
+1 Friend with ?
Hwy2h3ll
+1 Friend with M4
+1 Friend with Porsche
Pist0n
Pony23
ViperTony
00VPRGTS
Larry Lacey
o0bond0o
SNKBYT
SNKBYT's brother
99ACR
Dutch
+1 Friend with Audi
+1 Friend with 911
Todd S.
Edgar
Mike T.
Michael D.
Bob+Justin
Joe O.
Jon K.
Basile T.
Walt M.
Chris D.
Steve D.
Kyle D.
Ed J.
That's IMPRESSIVE!

Nice job Ed and Steve!

SlateEd
07-11-2015, 10:35 PM
That's IMPRESSIVE!

Nice job Ed and Steve!

Thanks Scott - We actually had a few Cash-In-Hand additions, 38 drivers, and still got tons of seat time on the day... I think many folks were getting tired!

Everyone got quicker through the day and all the cars/drivers left without a scratch... maybe some mud from the skid pad:)

Seriously, thank you to everyone who came out for this!! Terrific group and great teamwork makes a really fun and productive day!

ViperTony
07-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Ed/Steve/Courtney.....EXCELLENT job!!! By far the best autocross yet and you guys have grown this to encompass not just NY/CT but surrounding regions. I had a blast yesterday. Everything ran very smooth and even with 38 drivers we had PLENTY of seat time!

Just A Dream
07-12-2015, 10:04 AM
It was so great to get out and see you guys. Another incredible event. And to top it off my son for his first time was able to drive my Viper. It was a very special day for him and being here and able to see it was very emotional for me. Thank you Bill for taking the time with him on track. Thank you Ed ,Steve,Cortny, for making this possible. It was great to be there.

See you all soon
Russ

Viper Wizard
07-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Thank you Ed, Courtney & Steve! Great day for sure!! :dude3:
Good to see you Russ and glad your doing better!

Looking for times & pictures......what was that about red......:drive:

Rosie
07-12-2015, 04:22 PM
I`m sorry to have missed this event,you had a great turn out.So who took home the bragging rights there was alot of trash -talking going before the event.I just watched Allen Johnson win his first event of the year for Mopar in NHRA drag-racing just wondering if it was Big D. (Dennis) or Viper Tony or ACR Steve or the Wizard or Tim?Glad to hear everyone had a great time nice job Ed and Courtney.

SNKBYT
07-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks to Ed, Courtney, and Steve, and everyone else who helped make the Auto-x event a great time. Speaking of great times, Steve showed every viper driver how it is done. Breaking and setting a new track record!! Only to be edged out by a full race track prepped car!! Great driving Steve. And Slow Red Chuck, the Wizard, Tator schooled all other vipers in his Gen 1 viper!! Great job Chuck. I might have to add another Red Stripe to my car!!

thetalonguy
07-13-2015, 09:20 AM
A big thanks to Ed, Courtney and Steve for putting on an amazing event on Saturday!! It was a perfect day for tearing up the course.

As previously mentioned, even with the large number of participants, everyone had plenty of seat time. Running 3 on the course at once in different skill groups worked perfectly. I think I was able to get at least 6 passes on the extended course. I bet a lot of people improved their confidence in their snakehandling.

Everyone was safe, no one broke done and everyone had a blast. Can we do it again next week?!:)

I have some videos that I need to upload this week.

Here's a pic of our parting gift, which will be prominently displayed in my office.

analogmike
07-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Great event, thanks for letting me compete in my vintage 911. I wanted to qualify for the LRP year end event.
Maybe I'll bring my GTS next year.
Enjoyed meeting you all!!

Here's a video on FaceBook, our cars were pretty much dead even in both timed runs.

https://www.facebook.com/tamara.r.lacey/videos/10204315039266066/

ViperTony
07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Chuck, what are the specs on those slicks you ran? I'm going to look into these. How much did they drop your time from last year? I couldn't believe how gummy they are but seem like a great tire for the track.

analogmike
07-13-2015, 01:27 PM
I hope this is not against forum rules, if so please delete...

Sorry Mike, but you are correct. Non-Member advertising in the forums are not permitted.

However, you're welcome to use our classified area!

Scott

ACR Steve
07-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Great Job everyone. Big thanks to Ed and Courtney as always going above and beyond to make the event a great success.

What a great event and a sellout + ........ 38 cars and every car went home the way it came (ok maybe a little dirtier) way to go everyone. (always priority 1 for me)

Even Jeff from Lime Rock commented on how great a club we are. It was also mentioned that we are the best overall driving club up there 

Was it just me or did the chicane feel much tighter this year?

Hopefully it gave everyone a little taste of how great our cars really are. At speed on a track whether big or small they are very rewarding cars to drive and are actually very predictable when driven on the right line.

You guys are the best

P.S Russ I had a tear in my eye when I looked over and you were there. Great to see you my friend . That made my day right there .

Mike you know I am also a Porsche guy and you are a buddy so I am not licking my wounds to much however you also know how competitive I am. You better come prepared at the shootout for war my friend 

analogmike
07-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I hope this is not against forum rules, if so please delete...

Sorry Mike, but you are correct. Non-Member advertising in the forums are not permitted.

However, you're welcome to use our classified area!

Scott

I am a Viper Club member, just joined.

analogmike
07-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Mike you know I am also a Porsche guy and you are a buddy so I am not licking my wounds to much however you also know how competitive I am. You better come prepared at the shootout for war my friend 

You know it! My car was a drifter in the 1st session, after changing rear tires, pressures, and shock settings I got the rear hooked up... TOO GOOD and it was pushing in the timed runs. Looking forward to a great battle!!! If you are too fast I could bring the GT3 cup ;)

ViperTony
07-13-2015, 06:42 PM
You know it! My car was a drifter in the 1st session, after changing rear tires, pressures, and shock settings I got the rear hooked up... TOO GOOD and it was pushing in the timed runs. Looking forward to a great battle!!! If you are too fast I could bring the GT3 cup ;)

I'm certain I speak for all that attended when I write that I can watch you two competing head to head all day long. Looking forward to watching this battle play out at the Shootout.

pony23
07-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Had an awesome time. The setup was much better this year. Got plenty of seat time and practice. Great job to everyone who helped out and put this together.

I took some action pics between sessions. I will post them up later this week.

SlateEd
07-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Thank all who posted kudos - but seriously the credit is shared with everyone who participates!!! Getting out there to try this with a Viper is such a great move and your fellow members make it happen for each other with the participation. Glad everyone is fired up about it and I'm confident next year with sell out too :)

Red didn't turn out to be fastest, but most plentiful made for an awesome picture

ViperTony
07-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Thank all who posted kudos - but seriously the credit is shared with everyone who participates!!! Getting out there to try this with a Viper is such a great move and your fellow members make it happen for each other with the participation. Glad everyone is fired up about it and I'm confident next year with sell out too :)

Red didn't turn out to be fastest, but most plentiful made for an awesome picture

I still think it looks like the landscape is dotted with measles.

Viper Wizard
07-14-2015, 08:49 AM

Ed, you'll need to re-think your statement, besides a full-out race car and ACRSteve, what color Viper was third? :slap:

I still think it looks like the landscape is dotted with measles.

It's contagious to all other colors! :monkeyleft:

ViperTony
07-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Ed, you'll need to re-think your statement, besides a full-out race car and ACRSteve, what color Viper was third? :slap:

We'll never hear the end of this. ;) But you did great and it's a well-earned victory especially since it ruined Dennis' day.

SlateEd
07-14-2015, 09:05 AM
We'll never hear the end of this. ;) But you did great and it's a well-earned victory especially since it ruined Dennis' day.

True on both points!

... and while we're splitting hairs, #TeamGrayScale took both first and second place on street tires :-)

I've been swamped since getting home Saturday night but will try to compile the full list of times later today so everyone can hyper-analyze further :-)

In the meantime - everyone go sign yourselves up for the Hamptons cruise this coming Sunday 7/19 :drive:
http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/9234-The-Hamptons-Cruise-Oaklands-Marina-July-19

ViperTony
07-14-2015, 09:16 AM
... and while we're splitting hairs, #TeamGrayScale took both first and second place on street tires :-)

You kicked ass but it goes to show how far Viper-color discrimination has gone these days.

City
07-14-2015, 10:52 AM
I am a Viper Club member, just joined.

That's great! Thank you and welcome.

You're good to go if you want to list your car here in the forum. Sorry, but I can't reinstate your link.

Scott

SlateEd
07-14-2015, 10:00 PM
okay Gents (and the rest of us)
here's the best lap times mapped out in one sheet... Pictures of the fun coming soon also!

SlateEd
07-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Here's a SLIDESHOW (http://s937.photobucket.com/user/slateed/slideshow/Autocross%20at%20LRP%202015)

pony23
07-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Here are my pics from the weekend.
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/dsg03vert/slideshow/VOA%202015%20auto%20cross

SlateEd
07-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Here are my pics from the weekend.
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/dsg03vert/slideshow/VOA%202015%20auto%20cross

Those are great! Thank you for shooting those and posting up!

analogmike
07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Here's the info on my tires if someone wants super fast cheap track (not street legal) tires.
Used one or two sessions on a 911 GT3 cup, I prefer the taller RSR 710 tires on the HEAVY 911 rear, so pulled these off.

Pirelli Slicks, rears about 325/680/18, works great on 13" rims.
Fronts 285/645/18, 10" or 11" rim

Cost over $2000, will take $400. Located in Danbury, CT area.

ACR Steve
07-17-2015, 03:33 PM
great deal Mike wish I could use them but I have 19's in rear

thetalonguy
07-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I uploaded some of my videos to Youtube. Mostly of my runs, but there's a good one of Steve, Tim and Ed running a hot lap together.

I think this is my youtube channel link...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lXAOzMkP7Z34kGBKXm9nA

99ACR
07-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Come on Tony my day wasn't ruined! So if we push aside the guys with race slicks, we move up 4 slots.
Looks good to me! See you guys Saturday.

Dennis

ACR Steve
07-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Matt- notice the very different lines through the turn

Dennis you are number "1" in my book my friend :)

thetalonguy
07-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Matt- notice the very different lines through the turn

Yea, it's helpful to watch it on video afterwards to see where to improve on the apexes.

99ACR
07-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Steve, you are too funny! I will try harder next time.

Dennis

00VPRGTS
07-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Results are up guys. Nice job, 6 members and 5 Vipers in the top 25! Let's hope it holds up. I made 31 so far, need to improve for next year.

http://www.limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=690&Itemid=286

EZ 2B Green
07-31-2015, 09:13 PM
You can only be the fastest rookie once, so I am considering retirement. :)

BTW: Am I an honorary member of the NY/CT Viper Club now, as that's how I am listed in the Limerock results? :cool:

SlateEd
07-31-2015, 09:36 PM
You can only be the fastest rookie once, so I am considering retirement. :)

BTW: Am I an honorary member of the NY/CT Viper Club now, as that's how I am listed in the Limerock results? :cool:

:-) Well done Mike - go out on top!

Lime Rock lists the names by the event so that's why you're listed with NYCT. But, YES - we're cross-honoring memberships haha You and Tim and Dylan earned honorary NYCT status

Viper Wizard
09-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Out of 239 drivers, so far, there are still four VOA members in the top 20!! :drive:
Here is the link to Lime Rock's list of drivers: http://limerockhistorics.com/Data/spectators/wellsfargosaxstand/sax-stand-sept-1.pdf
October 31, Saturday, Wells Fargo Advisors Autocross Invitational Shoot-out (AxIS), 12:00 - 4:30 p.m. followed by banquet & awards ceremony.

analogmike
09-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Awesome!

Hey Chuck I bet you have some spare 18" rims around, let me know if you want to try some Slicks on old red. Have the Pirellis above and some older Michelins that would be free if you want them (taller rears though, 710mm diameter).

I heard from Jeff at Lime Rock that we'll be running the big course, like we did in practice :)

Viper Wizard
09-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Awesome!

Hey Chuck I bet you have some spare 18" rims around, let me know if you want to try some Slicks on old red. Have the Pirellis above and some older Michelins that would be free if you want them (taller rears though, 710mm diameter).

I heard from Jeff at Lime Rock that we'll be running the big course, like we did in practice :)

Thanks Mike but I've got some stickies and this "old red" likes the big course! :D
It should be fun in the snow? :confused:

ACR Steve
09-21-2015, 10:32 AM
I will have my spare rims and tires for sale today if somebody wants them. Viper Six spoke powder coated with Hoosier A6s on them. The tires and wheels that I set my times on. My ACR is sold to Baz so they are available.

analogmike
10-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Sold the ACR?!? Must be looking forward to the new one!!

What will you bring, your wagon again or a GT3 cup??? Maybe a cup vs cup battle?

ACR Steve
10-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Mike- ACR is sold leaves me with the wagon or Cup car . Unless my new Viper comes in before. Not sure how our Cup cars will do on this tiny track

SNKBYT
10-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Hey Steve, your welcome to put your tires on my car and drive it.. !! That would be a fast combination!!!

ACR Steve
10-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Tim very nice of you my friend. That's a great offer and really appreciate it. Your car is amazing. That's why this club is so great :)

Lets see what happens with the new car . I may just take the race car still up in the air .Still 3.5 weeks out

SNKBYT
10-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Hey Steve, did your new car arrive yet? What are you driving on Saturday? My car is still available!

ACR Steve
10-29-2015, 07:32 AM
Tim,
New car is in my garage unfortunately I have not driven it, my wife badly burned her feet in a freak accident . She has been in the hospital for the 2 weeks since I got the car and will be in there another week at least. So I haven't even driven it . I had to pull out of the event on Saturday between my kids and seeing my wife in the hospital there is no way I can attend. I really appreciate the offer though :)

I will look forward to next years event

thetalonguy
10-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Wow Steve, that's terrible to hear. Praying for a speedy recovery!

ACR Steve
10-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks a lot Matt

Tim and Chuck best of luck . Rumor is they may time to full course and not the lower layout. That should help out the Vipers some.

analogmike
10-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Steve,

Sorry to hear that, burns are terrible and I have been told that foot burns are very bad, which is why we wear nomex socks and really good fireproof racing shoes.

You will certainly be missed, I hope you can make it somehow, good luck to your family!

SlateEd
10-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Steve, thoughts and prayers for you and your wife!

for anyone who is thinking about cheering on Chuck and Tim and Mike -

11:30 a.m.: Arrival
12:00 noon: Practice
2:30 p.m.: Timed runs on a debate-free electronic timing system.

Lime Rock welcomes spectators. I will probably leave Westchester around 10am. If anyone has interest in cruising up together let me know

SNKBYT
10-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Steve, I,m really sorry to hear about your wife's accident. I hope she is doing better and makes a full recovery.

I commend you for letting the new car sit until all is well. We all would be "chomping at the bit" to drive a new viper sitting in the garage. We could break it in for you!!!! LOL

Chuck and I will have to put our best foot forward, to the metal, and hold up the viper reputation! Take care. Hope to see you and the new beast soon. Tim

Viper Wizard
10-30-2015, 09:37 AM
Speedy recovery for your wife Steve! Send her our best from the club!

Looks like I'll be chasing Mike and Tim can still chase me! :D

VIPER BAZ UK
10-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Speedy recovery for your wife Steve! Send her our best from the club!

Looks like I'll be chasing Mike and Tim can still chase me! :D

Hey Chucky pooos ..... that sounds very gay for the race track.. chase me chase me lol.....

Don't forget they will catch you..... your in a red Viper LOL... well you better be !!!!!

Have a great weekend everybody

ACR Steve
10-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone its been really tough for her but it could have always been worse

One of you guys better win , good luck and remember go back to throttle before your mind says too. Even if its only partial NO coasting anywhere . Brake and/or throttle at all times everywhere on track :)

ViperTony
10-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Steve, hope your wife is doing better. Sorry to hear about the accident.

VIPER BAZ UK
10-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Steve ... Hope you got my Email..

00VPRGTS
10-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Steve,

Wishing your wife a quick recovery. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Mike & Melissa

viperjimmy
10-31-2015, 07:17 AM
Hope your wife is well soon.

00VPRGTS
11-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Well....how did you guys do yesterday?

ACR Steve
11-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Thanks everyone :)

SlateEd
11-03-2015, 06:41 AM
Big congrats to Chuck and Tim and Mike! (and Steve)
we had 4 of the top 20, which is outstanding since we don't live there all summer like the Miata crowd.

AxIS ran the full course, bottom and top.... backwards! Running it backwards created a line with only one strait and some gnarly off-camber spots.

Mike, Tim and Chuck grabbed 5, 11, 13. If you take out the Formula Ford, that would be 2, 8, 10 - Great job guys!

here's the time sheet: 13806

pony23
11-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Awesome job guys!!!

Steve, hope your wife is better.

00VPRGTS
11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Awesome job guys! I need to work on getting to the finals next year.

thetalonguy
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Great job guys! Way to represent Team Viper.

ViperTony
11-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm not surprised, we have a talented team! Great work guys!!!! You make us proud!!