PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap ...

Roddy
06-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Any stealth tricks to removing this stuff. I have quite a bit of it on my hood. Not wanting to try any of the WD-40 or nail polish remover approaches and would prefer to avoid clay barring because I just did that about 6 weeks ago with a full detail. :t0135:

ViperPete
06-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Any stealth tricks to removing this stuff. I have quite a bit of it on my hood. Not wanting to try any of the WD-40 or nail polish remover approaches and would prefer to avoid clay barring because I just did that about 6 weeks ago with a full detail. :t0135:

Goo-gone would probably work but I don't know if that would be bad for the paint or not.

You could probably put some white wine vinegar in a bottle and spray the sap and let the vinegar do the work. That probably wont hurt the paint- but break down the sap.

01sapphirebob
06-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Clay bar would be my only suggestion.

C.J
06-12-2015, 06:14 PM
There are plastic "razors" that can be used to remove sap and such from paint. Spray the area with a detail spray to lube the surface of the paint before you start.

https://www.simonizdetaildirect.com/Products/Plastic_Razor_Blades/

Junkman2008
06-13-2015, 02:42 AM
Clay bar would be my only suggestion.

And that is the most sound advice that you can give. It matters not one iota if you clayed the paint 20-weeks ago, that's what clay is for. Removing impurities from the paint.