PDA

View Full Version : Polishing wheels

shnickerlaus
06-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi I'm doing a massive cleaning of my 02 gts in preparation for sale over this summer, I've so far been working on the wheels as they are really lacking the mirror finish they once had. So far I've been working by hand and rubbing furiously to get rid of the dirt and dust that's spoiling the look. Anyone got any tips on how to get these looking like new again?11237

Junkman2008
06-13-2015, 02:44 AM
A Mother's Powerball, some wheel polish and a drill. Doing that crap by hand is for people who are doing 40 to life and have absolutely no reason to get finished anytime within the present decade.

shnickerlaus
06-13-2015, 04:37 AM
Yeah I spent a good few hours using autosol and a cloth trying to shine them up but really afterwards they looked the same. Have ordered some felts and drill bit polishers will give it a proper going over when they arrive. I've taken the wheels off the car and while I'm waiting for the polishing kit I've started the arches, suspension, wishbones ect. The wish bones were black when I started now they look almost bare metal again. I think I will start a thread and take some before after photos show what I'm doing.

Junkman2008
06-13-2015, 11:24 AM
If you want to use something that will make that dirt on the undercarriage melt away, get some Eagle 1 ALUMINUM wheel cleaner. DO NOT use it on chrome. It will eventually eat chrome off whatever it has been applied to but it will dissolve the dirt on the undercarriage like you wouldn't believe. WARNING: make sure that you use it in a well ventilated area and on a COOL surface. If you spray it on some hot wheels, the fumes will gag you to death. That stuff is wicked dangerous to breath.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-6f2c/k2-_f6f0bc9f-7c13-4a03-9cc9-e4d87194ba41.v1.jpg