PDA

View Full Version : New Chicago Gen4 Owner...

Ninjazx71
06-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

Many of you have already seen me and helped me in my searches for getting my first Viper. While I'm still about 36hrs from having the car in my hands, I'm technically a new owner to an existing site car. I've picked up MtnBiker's 2010 B&W Viper Coupe. To say I'm excited is an understatement and I cannot wait to get this car into my garage and out for a drive. If you aren't familiar with John's car, it's already got just about everything I'd ever think of doing, plus some:

Bellanger Headers and full exhaust
Mopar PCM
Arrow forged Pistons
ACR-X Pushrods
Oil catch can
SS brake lines
Clear-bra
Dual 5-point racing harnesses

Here's a few pics of it being loaded up for transport up here to Chicago. More pics to follow when it arrives Friday night or Saturday morning...

And I gotta say a HUGE thank you to John (MtnBiker) for working with me through the entire process, answering all of my (sometimes crazy) questions, and being extremely patient and flexible with the transportation scheduling headaches we encountered. Really a great guy, and I'm honored to have his car in my hands now.

1ststrike
06-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks like someone was doing some tire testing. Nice car!

St.Char
06-11-2015, 09:33 PM
You picked up an awesome car! You're gonna love it!

Photog1
06-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Awesome car, congratulations!! Your next step is to join the VOA. If you need help with that or any questions feel free to contact me.

Again Congrats!!

Rob Buckman

slowhatch
06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
You will love it, John took great care of it and it's a very strong car.

Leslie
06-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the Viper! I would be so excited too!!!

MtnBiker
06-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Looks like someone was doing some tire testing. Nice car!

Yeah, some douche neighbor wanted me to know he had a bad ass ride too. Left those marks. As I have said before I never did a burnout in the Viper....did many in my C6 Z06 prior to owning the Viper.

Matt (Ninja), thanks for the kind words! You will love the car and the goodies in the box :).

ACRucrazy
06-12-2015, 11:47 AM
John is a great guy. I spoke to him on the phone about this car too a few months back for a buddy. It's a bummer it didnt work out for him, but I knew someone would get a great car at a fair price! Enjoy the well put together Gen IV!

The_Greg
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Nice! You HAVE to come out to the monthly VOA of IL meetings sometime, I make the drive from WI and you're right there.

MtnBiker
06-12-2015, 01:03 PM
John is a great guy. I spoke to him on the phone about this car too a few months back for a buddy. It's a bummer it didnt work out for him, but I knew someone would get a great car at a fair price! Enjoy the well put together Gen IV!

I tried to send you some +rep...something about needing to spread it around? Anyway, thank you.

Ninjazx71
06-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys... sounds like the car's not going to make it today, but will be here first thing tomorrow morning, so unfortunately one more sleepless night.

Will definitely be joining the VOA and hope to make it out to some of the meets. Where are the monthly meetings at?

Slithr
06-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Congrats Man, beautiful Gen IV! The car will be missed in Texas but glad it found a good home :)

The_Greg
06-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys... sounds like the car's not going to make it today, but will be here first thing tomorrow morning, so unfortunately one more sleepless night.

Will definitely be joining the VOA and hope to make it out to some of the meets. Where are the monthly meetings at?

Pinstripes in South Barrington.

Ninjazx71
06-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Well everything finally came together! Car showed up on Saturday morning and I immediately took it out for a spin. First impressions were... WOW!!! This thing is friggin' loud and man does it have some power. Haven't even been able to get on it full throttle yet, but even the few little punches I've done, it's awesome. And "attention whore" isn't even a fair assessment of how many heads this thing turns. And every neighbor on my block has stopped over to check it out, and a few have gone for rides too and are in awe. Others have commented that they can hear me all the way around the block. LOL! And my kids absolutely love riding in it too.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the new car and can't wait to get a little more time behind the wheel and see what this thing really can do. Here's a few pics from it getting dropped off and in the driveway.

smhog
06-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome and congrats. Wish you all the best.