PDA

View Full Version : Headers/Exhaust Mods

Policy Limits
12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Any success stories out there? I hear Belanger is testing a system for the V but haven't heard the product yet. Tubi is a great product in general; wonder if they have or will make a system. Any others swap out their factory exhaust yet? Any CEL thrown?

ViperSmith
12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I think there are two people who posted to VOA that have installed the Corsa exhaust. They have said it really helps the drone noise.

Nambo
12-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I plan on having Woodhouse install Belanger headers and a Corsa cat back on my TA when it shows up (hopefully before Christmas). Early info on the headers looks promising.

pdv25
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM
I think there are two people who posted to VOA that have installed the Corsa exhaust. They have said it really helps the drone noise.

Are people seeing a CEL when doing headers and cat back with no cats?

Nambo
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Systems I have heard info on have the cats still in place and no CELs so far.

Policy Limits
12-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Nambo be sure to post a vid when you get it! Mark at Woodhouse is probably the only person I would trust with such a job. That TA is gonna kick ass!

Nambo
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Nambo be sure to post a vid when you get it! Mark at Woodhouse is probably the only person I would trust with such a job. That TA is gonna kick ass!

Will certainly do that. Can't wait for Mark to get his hands on it so I can get mine on it!

JonB ~ PartsRack
12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
PartsRack has sold a sum total of only FOUR Gen5 systems on our inaugural special. None of them resulted in a CEL, and all of them resulted in happy owners! G5 Corsa Not a HP cat-back as with Gen 2-3-4. The result was +5HP, cooler operating temps, and no drone. 5HP is hard to claim-prove when you start with 645!

Dman
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Well dayum it's nice to see a JonB post. ;-)

SilveRT8
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
PartsRack has sold a sum total of only FOUR Gen5 systems on our inaugural special. None of them resulted in a CEL, and all of them resulted in happy owners! G5 Corsa Not a HP cat-back as with Gen 2-3-4. The result was +5HP, cooler operating temps, and no drone. 5HP is hard to claim-prove when you start with 645!

Got one of the first Corsa exhaust from JonB. Drone is gone and sounds real good, louder but not too much, sounds mean in a refined kind of way with lots of burbling-popping on decel, this is how SRT should have it done from the start. Since the drone is gone when cruising it's actually calmer inside the cabin.
I could leave the system like this and be very happy with it, but I kept my Belanger headers and Cats from the previous Gen4, waiting for the Mopar PCM to come out so I can install them together and not throw a cel.

chris955
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Does adding the Corsa cat back effect the warranty?

mjorgensen
12-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Does adding the Corsa cat back effect the warranty?

No not at all.

Dan Cragin
12-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Warranty depends on the dealer unfortunately. I recently sent a client to the dealer for an engine related problem. They had Corsa side exhaust. The dealer rep indicted that the aftermarket exhaust was not approved by Dodge and could change the tuning of the car, so it was not covered by the warranty. This makes no sense. Never had this issue before, always talk to your dealer about approved mods when you buy the car.

New models with headers. It may take as much as 3000 miles on a new car to pass the emissions monitors so it is hard to say about CEL's. I installed the ARH headers on a 13 model with no check engine lights so for. If the light does come on its just a matter of changing the location of the downstream O2 sensor to correct that.

Hope this helps.

mjorgensen
12-04-2013, 12:36 PM
He just asked about the Corsa Dan that's what I was replying to sorry if I confused it. Generally speaking dealers not use to Vipers will frown on header/cat changes as far as warranty.

Warranty depends on the dealer unfortunately. I recently sent a client to the dealer for an engine related problem. They had Corsa side exhaust. The dealer rep indicted that the aftermarket exhaust was not approved by Dodge and could change the tuning of the car, so it was not covered by the warranty. This makes no sense. Never had this issue before, always talk to your dealer about approved mods when you buy the car.

New models with headers. It may take as much as 3000 miles on a new car to pass the emissions monitors so it is hard to say about CEL's. I installed the ARH headers on a 13 model with no check engine lights so for. If the light does come on its just a matter of changing the location of the downstream O2 sensor to correct that.

Hope this helps.

ViperSmith
12-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Depends what they are trying to say isn't covered. Engine throws a rod? They need to prove the exhaust caused it.

Now when I took my white SRT in because of yellowing paint near the sill, SRTs first question was did I have a modified exhaust. If it were, I assume it wouldn't have been covered, but I sure as hell would have raised a stink about it.

If you want to mod your car, know your rights. Most dealers don't understand anything about the Viper, I wouldn't expect them to understand aftermarket parts.

VPRPWRD
12-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Depends what they are trying to say isn't covered. Engine throws a rod? They need to prove the exhaust caused it.

Now when I took my white SRT in because of yellowing paint near the sill, SRTs first question was did I have a modified exhaust. If it were, I assume it wouldn't have been covered, but I sure as hell would have raised a stink about it.

If you want to mod your car, know your rights. Most dealers don't understand anything about the Viper, I wouldn't expect them to understand aftermarket parts.

All very true. The Chrysler dealer I worked for would not warrant anything if a car was modified unless it was a lifted Jeep. Made no sense to me then and still doesn't now. I lost a lot of good customers because of this "policy".