PDA

View Full Version : Body shop / Paintwork

Hotrodder00
06-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Can anybody recommend a local shop to do some paint correction or even might need a respray, esp the hood. There are a lot of shops, but I'd like to go with one that someone has actual experience with.

Basically the previous owner really loved those drive-thru car washes and there are swirl marks all over the car.....I've spent too many weekends polishing and need someone else to do it.

Thanks, guys!

Speedy G
06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
mikes collision on higley in mesa, has done tons of vipers including mine 480-649-4269

WhiteSnake
06-09-2015, 01:43 AM
^^^^^this^^^^^
I also can vouch for Mikes collision. Has done mine and several others I know of. Excellent work and takes care of your car. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Hotrodder00
06-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Outstanding, thanks again!!

Vprbite
06-09-2015, 07:28 PM
I have a killer recommendation but he is down here in Tucson. If there is someone really good up there, im sure that's way easier.

This is the place I recommend. They aren't a detail shop. They do high end hot rod and motorcycle builds, bodywork, so they are able to do amazing paint corrections and such. They worked on my 02 after it had swirled to no end from car cover on and off too much and using quick detailer all the time (I wasn't as patient and smart as I am now) . It was swirled bad. It came out looking like it was dripping. I understanding driving to and leaving your car in Tucson is a pain in the ass but this is the only place I will vouch for. Most people who detail out of their garage or whatever give me the heebie-jeebies because they could be tempted to joyride, or what if they accidentally drop a wrench on it or something, he is doubtfully insured for that. So I like knowing my car is well taken care of and in good company. So this is who I recommend but I get you live about 90 minutes north of here.

http://www.hispeedcustoms.com

Good luck. Nothing like a black car when it's swirl free. Let us know how Mike's collision does. I hope it looks great.

Hotrodder00
06-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't mind a drive to Tucson, I drove down there to buy my Sti, so I may give them a call too and see what they have to say!

Vprbite
06-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Ask for Johnny Vegas. He runs the place/owns it. He has a number of talented guys but when they have had my cars he is the one who quoted me a price and did most of the work.

What I liked about them was, aside from being a professional shop that is insured for anything and deals with beautiful builds all day, I have the most boring car in there so no one is tempted to joyride it. Again, which they wouldn't do because they are professional. If nothing else, just enjoy checking out their site

Vombomb
06-11-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm going to be going there to get my bumper/paint done, it's decided!

Nemesis
06-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Check with Eddie (Mayhem) he has my front end of my TA repainted and they did a very nice job.

Hotrodder00
06-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I didn't know Eddie got into paint. I'll text him this weekend too and see what he says, thanks!

LeadfootRT10
06-17-2015, 01:17 PM
I didn't know Eddie got into paint. I'll text him this weekend too and see what he says, thanks!

Eddie doesn't do paint. He will recommend Mike's Collision in Mesa as everyone else has. He repainted a rocker for me and it came out beautiful. My car will need a respray in the near future and i will take it to Mike.

nrs1
06-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Elite Automotive Finishes http://www.eafinishes.com/ in Mesa does fantastic work.