PDA

View Full Version : Someone has been filming my car!

Fatboy 18
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
And there I was trying to keep a low profile, :dancingman:

Fame at last :car-smiley-003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4rWljhQY8

Fuoss484
12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Nice video!

Fatboy 18
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I was just surfing YouTube and came across it, I had no idea it was out there!
The Auto course was North Weald airfield, that was the roughest track I have ever been on, the amount of times I bottomed out was crazy, the front splitter and rear Tow bracket took a pounding!

VIPER BAZ UK
12-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Cool!!!!!!

GTLaser
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
What suspension are you running? Looks bouncy.

Fatboy 18
12-05-2013, 03:32 AM
The suspension is Stock Konis, the damping has been adjusted to 3/4 stiff all round and I have standard springs with lowering caps.

That Auto course was extremely uneven, it had a rain drainage gulley down the centre of it and a camber either side so that water ran into the drain. As you can see from the video, I was not hanging about on the straight bits, but when it came to the cornering and having to drive across the drainage ditch, the underside of the car really took a pounding :( Still it was all for a children's Hospice charity, giving Joy rides.

We have said it is very unlikely we would use that track again. Have to say my car is very low now with the spring caps, many roads near me have speed ramps, I have to carefully choose routes home that avoid the ramps!

I would love some other form of suspension, but lack of $ is preventing me from changing anything at this time :(

VYPR BYT
12-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I like the way at 2:03 he started following that yellow bug and then went, Nah- and came back to your car! LOL

btw... you really need to stop driving on the wrong side of the road. :smilielol:

GTLaser
12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
The suspension is Stock Konis, the damping has been adjusted to 3/4 stiff all round and I have standard springs with lowering caps.

That Auto course was extremely uneven, it had a rain drainage gulley down the centre of it and a camber either side so that water ran into the drain. As you can see from the video, I was not hanging about on the straight bits, but when it came to the cornering and having to drive across the drainage ditch, the underside of the car really took a pounding :( Still it was all for a children's Hospice charity, giving Joy rides.

We have said it is very unlikely we would use that track again. Have to say my car is very low now with the spring caps, many roads near me have speed ramps, I have to carefully choose routes home that avoid the ramps!

I would love some other form of suspension, but lack of $ is preventing me from changing anything at this time :(

That was my old set up, then went to Eibach springs and now on KW V2's. What a difference that you would definitely enjoy. Always enjoy your vids!

Fatboy 18
12-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Please tell me more about the KW V2's ...Do you have to use the rear Fork from the Konis? what sort of budget do I need to be looking at?

LifeIsGood
12-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Me thinks you have a secret admirer named Adam. By the way, I don't think those straw bales are going to do much to stop a 500-1000+ HP beast from doing damage to the spectators...just a thought.

MoparBoyy
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
great video! i love finding my car on instagram, i've found your car more than my own.

i just switched to Motons... i dont know why people run anything else.

Bugman Jeff
12-10-2013, 12:07 PM
A co-worker came up to me one day and said "Hey, you're pretty famous, you were at Farm and Fleet yesterday." I just kind of looked at him quizzically because I had, in fact, been at Farm and Fleet. "Yeah" he says, "I saw some pics of your car on Facebook."