PDA

View Full Version : What gives with South Florida VOA?

Luisv
06-05-2015, 07:28 AM
When I think SoFla events....this is what comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Whats going on folks?
Am I off the mailing list?
Have I been blacklisted?
Is there a mailing list?
Has there been anything the chapter has done?
Plans?
Upcoming events?
Are there regular club meets?
Is there another site/forum dedicated to South Florida I should go to?

While I may not make it to all of the events, I can tell you I will go to none if there are no events. :rolleyes:

In this thread, there has been next to nothing. I rarely ever come in here because there are rarely new posts. The the last update on the Facebook page was the DNA of the Viper in January and before that I think the event was the Nexxus Shooting range trip in April. In all honesty, while I love Dave's TA and it is a beautiful car.... I'm pretty sure there has to be more content and events for Facebook.

Folks the point is.... Am I missing something? Where's the SoFla Chapter?

Loud
06-05-2015, 09:34 AM
It must be the weather. Kidding. I moved from Boca/Delray to Chicago in 04. Surprising to hear that chapter isn't as active as IL with all the sun and exotics in your area.

Luisv
06-05-2015, 10:03 AM
It must be the weather. Kidding. I moved from Boca/Delray to Chicago in 04. Surprising to hear that chapter isn't as active as IL with all the sun and exotics in your area.

It's crazy.... The driving season here starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st. I don't get it....

Again, not saying that I will be at all the events, but jeeeze.... at least something to choose from.

mauricev10
06-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Thats odd you say this. There was a free meet and greet lunch in May at Fudruckers in Pembrook Pines, and last weekend, the So FL club was well represented at Bucket List #2 at Tail of the Dragon. I'm in the car with David Ivler cruising to VIR for Viper Days this weekend along with a couple of other SoFL members. Dave says watch your email for another event in FL coming in June. Or, if you have an idea for a good event, contact David.

Luisv
06-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Thats odd you say this. There was a free meet and greet lunch in May at Fudruckers in Pembrook Pines, and last weekend, the So FL club was well represented at Bucket List #2 at Tail of the Dragon. I'm in the car with David Ivler cruising to VIR for Viper Days this weekend along with a couple of other SoFL members. Dave says watch your email for another event in FL coming in June. Or, if you have an idea for a good event, contact David.

Maurice....

First. Love it that you are checking the thread. Awesome.

As for the meet and greet. I have nothing in my email. Last email I got from David or anyone from VOA was for the renewal in December. Honestly, I would not bring this up unless I was not getting the info.

As for the Tail, I knew about the Carolina's Chapter invite from their posts on their thread. Unfortunately, I could not make it this year 'cause I am heading there in October with a local club for our 5th annual mountain road trek. As for VIR, I had no idea anybody from SoFla was going for the event.

In the end... just throwing it out there that the message is not getting out there. If it's just me.... I'll reach out to Dave and see that he has my info.

Thanks again.... Love it that you saw this and took the time to reply!

mauricev10
06-05-2015, 02:35 PM
What's your last name and email address? Isounds like you're not receiving his messages. Will have him confirm your email address. Let's get you hooked up!

V1P3R
06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Boom, roasted!

mauricev10
06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Luis, David has sent you announcements. Just showed me the mail records.

Luisv
06-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Boom, roasted!

Huh?

Luisv
06-06-2015, 11:23 AM
What's your last name and email address? Isounds like you're not receiving his messages. Will have him confirm your email address. Let's get you hooked up!

Luis, David has sent you announcements. Just showed me the mail records.

Guys, just sent you a PM with the info. Also sent David an email directly to make sure he gets the email.

Don't know what the issue might be, but I checked my email, my server's spam control (I own the domain) & my local spam/junk box and I have nothing being blocked.

We'll figure it out...

Have a blast at Viper Days! Don't break and enjoy the track!

James430
06-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Hey everybody.......In Houston last few years but plan on being back in my house in West Palm by September ..Here is a list of stuff we have planned for 2015 here.......A lot of work goes into this to make it work but it is worth the effort........
Can you post your schedule of events for me?

The following events are on the calendar for 2015 but dates may change depending on availability, weather etc.
February 22 Snake Pit Shootout at Athena Gun Club & lunch at Pappadeaux
March 20-22 Viper Round Up on Lake Conroe (hosted by Houston Viper Club)
April 19 South side cruise – Troy Harless will lead
April 25-26 Visit North Texas Viper Club and their charity car show – cruise/visit Rauh’s collection
May 16 Aero & Auto plane and car show at Ellington Field – Alex Korovin to coordinate
May 23 Cruise to Troy Harless’ beach house on Crystal Beach for a crawfish boil/Jamie Wood to help
June 6 North side cruise – Andrew Wheeler will lead
June ? Track day at MSR Houston – Andrew Wheeler to coordinate
June ? Car show at BJ Motors’ new building next to Tomball Dodge – Beth Sewell to coordinate
July 11 Evening event at the Redneck Country Club – Connie Stagner to coordinate
July 28-Aug 4 Accompany N. TX Viper Club to attend Colorado Viper Club’s event in Colorado – Beth Sewell
to coordinate
August 15 5th Annual Snake Pit BBQ hosted at the Wood family compound – Jamie Wood to coordinate
Sept. 18-19 Attend TUDOR race at CoTA and cheer the Viper drivers on – Beth Sewell to coordinate
Oct 10 Guitars N Cars car show – Mark Boyer to coordinate
Oct ? Cruise to Ben Keating’s new building in Victoria and check out his collection – Beth Sewell
to coordinate
Oct ? Wounded Warrior cruise – Anthony Leidelmeyer to coordinate
November 7 Dinner at a nice restaurant – Alex Korovin to coordinate
November 14 North side cruise – Andrew Wheeler to coordinate
December 5 Annual holiday party to be held at John and Shannon Hardin’s home

Troy Harless will explore a date for a south side cruise to Galveston for a car show at either the Ronald McDonald House or the Shriners Burn Institute.

More events may be added throughout the year.

Other suggested events – please let us know if you’re interested in adding them:
- Twisted Sisters run near Kerrville and stay overnight at the Inn of the Hills in Kerrville
- Tech day where someone flushes brake fluid or changes diff fluid and everyone watches to learn and then build up the courage to DIY at home
- Big Bend Open Road Race aka Big Bend Viper Invasion
- Bluebonnet run to Brenham with a stop at the Bluebell Ice cream factory
- Houston scavenger hunt
- Haak Winery event
- Gulf Coast cruise to either Anahuac or possibly Corpus Christi for an overnight event
- East Texas cruise around Lake Livingston and lunch at the Picket Fence in Woodville
- Ben Wheeler tour and feral hog festival – overnight event possibly with N. TX VOA
- Viper heater Christmas cruise to celebrate our vipers’ heaters – dinner and then Christmas light cruise

GBS
06-17-2015, 05:31 AM
I received an email from David last weekend regarding an event Saturday June 20 to Muscle Car City. Muscle Car City is only about 20 minutes North for me. Great collection of cars in a building that was previously a Walmart.

"
Dear Club Members,

Our South Florida Viper Club has been invited to join the Gold Coast Porsche Club next Saturday, June 20th in their caravan to Punta Gorda to visit Muscle Car City. I have enclosed the details below. There will be 2 meeting spots for the start of this event. If you decide to go, please don't be late as they are on "German time" i.e. (very punctual). The meeting places are:

Fort Lauderdale: (Departing at 8:45 am Sharp)
Tower Shops in Davie
2250 S University Drive
Davie, FL 33324

Miami: (Departing at 8:15 am Sharp)
Shorty’s BBQ
11575 SW 40th St
Miami, FL 33165

Miccosukee Service Plaza: (RE-GROUP LOCATION 9:00 am)
47801 W State Rd 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Lets go chase some Porsche's next Saturday, meet some new people, and visit an awesome collection of cars!

Any questions, Please contact Blair Retchin at 305-965-2655. He will be at the Shorty's location at 8am driving a Blue Porsche Speedster. ( LOL! )

"