PDA

View Full Version : SCT PRP info

jasond29
06-02-2015, 11:18 PM
I got the SCT software last friday and have been tuning away ever since. Its getting smoother and faster with every tune, I am trying to just creep up on it. As we all know the software has little to no information provided with it. Sean Roe has been helpfull in providing a basic users guide to sort-of point me in the right direction with fueling and timing.

Ok my question since none of the tables for my tune have a description, I needed help with the System Switches/Powertrain configuration items. I was provided with the latest base tune revision and I think there is an issue with it. Everything damn near runs perfect except at 1100-1200 rpms when out of gear and the car decels. The fuel cuts as it should but at the listed RPMs the fuel comes back in and the rpms surge between 1100-1200 rpms. I believe it has something to do with the fuel decel stoping and fuel coming back in but I do not have a table for decel at all.

Ok now for the above mentioned section (system switches/powertrain) there is a Cancel Coast off/on. It is set to on. Also there is a Decel Cells Desired off/on that is set to on. So if anyone knows if they should be set to off or could provide a screen shot of the System Switches scaler so I know what actually needs to be on or off that would be great.

Sorry for the long post but it is the last portion of the tune I have to work out and literally this thing will drive like stock....just with a shit load more power.

Thanks

ellowviper
06-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the world of self-reliance. I guess all I can add having been there-done that is to toggle those scalers on or off, reflash, and see what happens. I must have done that 100 times to get to my current tune (which isn't perfect by any description). It is really a disservice to customers to have such shitty software. Just enough to be dangerous and/or do something stupid. I think you can manipulate the fuel decell on/off by MPH in a related table. I just don't have access to any of that right now. So hunt & peck around, take notes, and someday you can charge people to answer the same question(s)....

dave6666
06-03-2015, 06:54 AM
Just enough to be dangerous and/or do something stupid.

lol why I farmed that part out even though I have the software. With titles on the tables and descriptions too.

jasond29
06-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Oddly enough that is the exact answer I got from SCT which I thought was insane for their own software. Yeah it's just on off so I will try that, shouldn't hurt anything. Thanks Dave.