PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca June 26-28, updated event info...

rw99
06-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Hey, guys...

Make sure you check your contact email inbox for an update from SpeedVentures; the sound limits for our weekend have changed slightly. YOU NEED TO RESPOND TO THEIR EMAIL TO MAINTAIN YOUR RESERVATION.

Our sound limit for Sunday, June 28 is now 105db, not Unlimited.
Our sound limit for Friday is now Unlimited, rather than 92db.
Our sound limit for Saturday remains the same - Unlimited.

I recognize about half of the names signed up for Sat/Sun, and look forward to meeting the rest of you... Chris H., Joe B., RedTanRT/10, Scott S., and Darius K.

We have reservations for dinner at Tarpy's at 7 PM on Saturday night; please PM me ASAP with your name and number of guests if you'd like to join us.

Just three weeks and change away...

RedTanRT/10
06-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Rich,

Dinner sounds great, thanks!! Was good to finally meet you at Spring Mountain

I'll be there by myself

Got the note from Aaron and just posted a tread for some "help". Running G4 with headers and belanger cat/muffler. Am I going to have an issue Sunday at 105db??

Thanks so much Mike B (redtanrt10-acrvprc)

rw99
06-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Mike, just missed your PM, sorry!

I doubt you'll have a problem with 105 dB. We'll check to see if there's an opportunity to get sound-checked on Saturday to find out for sure. If it's close, short-shifting on the T5-T6 uphill (which is where metering occurs) will keep you from getting meatballed.

Rapidrezults
06-01-2015, 08:12 PM
105db is very loud, I think you should pass.....but like Rich said short shifting you will definitely not have a problem.

Darius
06-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Can't wait! It will be awesome to finally be able to get some good lap times without the sound restrictions.

dasvolk
06-16-2015, 12:22 AM
They moved me from Sat/Sun to Fri/Sat because I wasn't sure where I would stand on the sound regulations for Sunday. I just now saw this thread (and this subforum haha) but I'll stop by at Tarpy's if I'm not too tired. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

TooBlue
06-16-2015, 06:59 AM
Hopefully someday...

Laguna Seca is on my "Bucket list".

Have fun guys!!!

rw99
06-16-2015, 11:28 AM
They moved me from Sat/Sun to Fri/Sat because I wasn't sure where I would stand on the sound regulations for Sunday. I just now saw this thread (and this subforum haha) but I'll stop by at Tarpy's if I'm not too tired. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Please feel free to join us in the paddock (pretty easy to find); among us there will be a decent stock of tools and fluids if you find yourself needing either.

viperr
09-09-2015, 12:06 AM
I enjoyed seeing your reports from Laguna Seca and I am looking forward to getting a chance to run there. Was 2015 a 1 time only track day with the noise limits lowered or are there plans to run there again at the same time next year? I would love to plan a drive down for a track day there and perhaps find another California track day to run at while I am down there.