I have 2 systems for sale $1600 plus tax each in stocki

DZnutz
07-11-2015, 09:13 PM
which model year are these for?

also, you still on teal dr?

Vprbite
07-15-2015, 08:22 PM
I love mine, FWIW.

I had high flows and corsa on my Gen II and it was great. Now on the gen III I have Belangers, high flows, and corsa and it sounds awesome. Still no drone. You can cruise and listen to the radio or talk to your passenger but step on the go pedal and you are rewarded. That's my thought on the corsa exhaust. GLWS.

95Viper
07-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Have em on my Gen 1 as well.... after trying 4 other set ups each of them not getting the sound I wanted without the drone I tried the Corsa mufflers with a hi-flo cat,,,, that was the sound I was looking for,,,, almost Ferrari like when accelerating,,,, no more ups truck... the sound friggin awesome

ModocScott
03-28-2016, 10:33 AM
I have a 2015 Viper SRT and now I'm interested in beefing up the exhaust system. But, this is my first Viper and I'm researching options, even though I've been to several websites, I still don't feel comfortable with making a decision so....
I'm not really interested in racing, I just want it to be the beefiest sounding vehicle cruising down the highway. And I'm not wealthy either, this is my first Viper because it took me years to save enough money for a big enough down payment on that I could manage the note. But I digress, that's another story for another time. I would welcome the advice of my brother (and sister) Viper owners out there with experience in this subject.

thanks in advance.

Vprbite
03-28-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't own a Gen V (yet) but I understand. Also, understand that this club is definitely not full of billionaires. Most of us are just normal people who made having a Viper a priority. So no need to feel out of place. And, FWIW, the people on here I know that are very wealthy, are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and they don't make money an issue. So no worries my man.

Now, not having a gen V but having had 2 Vipers and heard a lot of systems, I think what you are looking for is high flow cats and corsa catback. YOu could leave the stock cats, but high flows aren't that expensive and might as well get the power bump and the cooler exhaust sills that come from it. Corsa works hard to acoustically engineer their systems as well as for performamce. I've never known anyone not to like them. And I have gotten tons of compliments on my exhaust sound when I had my 02 (rear exhaust with high flows and corsa) and my current setup (side pipes with Belanger headers, high flows, and corsa.) I am a musician so drone was a deal breaker for me and corsa is, IMO, the only solution to drone I have seen. Some setups lower it. Mine gets rid of it. Also, headers are what is gonna be most expensive in terms of purchasing and install but, good news, you don't have to do them. Just do high flows and corsa cat back and you will get a nice power bump and great sound. And later, if you want to do headers, you can add them as everything mates up just fine.

Someone asked a similar question in the Gen III section titled exhaust advise (yes they spelled it wrong). Search for it and you will find some clips I posted. Obviously not a gen V, but it will give you a pretty good idea. And mine is louder because it has headers and its a gen III so it isn't as quiet inside as yours. But you will see that mine sounds good but I can still have a conversation or listen to music. I regularly drive long distances and don't think twice about it.

Also, Jon B at partsrack has always taken great care of me. Call or email him and tell him I recommended you talk to him about hgh flows and a corsa and see if he can do anything for you. Sometimes he has sales that he can't post the actual prices of so it's worth checking into. I get all my stuff from him though. Plus, he dilivered right to my tech. Make sure you are clear about exactly what Viper you have, as there can be slight variations from year to year that make a difference. So list your car in the email. He has always been great to me though so hopefully he can get you set up too.

I hope this helps. Please PM me if you have any specific questions or anything else I can help with. Again, not a gen V owner but I am social director of my club and so am around all types of vipers and setups and fairly knowledgable, at least to a certain degree, about stuff like this even on the Gen V. So I am glad to help in any way I can.

Best of Luck and congratulations on your dream car. There's nothing like it.

G37Sam
03-28-2016, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't go further than a Corsa Catback (paired with a HFC if more is desired). It will yield a very nice exhaust note and more importantly, cooler side sills and cabin temps. Headers are pricier (parts & labor) and will require a tune; that's a can of worms you don't want to open if you're not after performance (when did 640hp stop being enough haha)

JonB is your man!

ModocScott
03-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks Vprbite and G37Sam. Gives me direction I needed. I will check out your suggestions and yes, you are right. Nothing like a Viper, makes driving a joy. I love it.

viperBase1
12-24-2016, 03:43 PM
...I think what you are looking for is high flow cats and corsa catback. You could leave the stock cats, but high flows aren't that expensive and might as well get the power bump and the cooler exhaust sills that come from it. Corsa works hard to acoustically engineer their systems as well as for performamce. I've never known anyone not to like them..side pipes with Belanger headers, high flows, and corsa..

I am a musician so drone was a deal breaker for me and corsa is, IMO, the only solution to drone I have seen. Some setups lower it. Mine gets rid of it. Also, headers are what is gonna be most expensive in terms of purchasing and install but, good news, you don't have to do them. Just do high flows and corsa cat back and you will get a nice power bump and great sound. And later, if you want to do headers, you can add them as everything mates up just fine.

VprBrite I wanted to say thanks for this bit of info..
I'm a musician too. Been a recording musician for a very long time so this is stuff is IMPORTANT. :dude3:

Soon after I get my Viper, I'm gonna go straight to this config.. Belanger Headers & High Flow Cats > Corsa CatBack

Thanks again!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Vprbite
12-24-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm glad I could help. I have some sound recordings of he car on YouTube if you want to hear them,

My girlfriend and I drive the viper to Phoenix for the christmas party 2 weeks ago. No problem talking or listening to music. Sure it's louder than a Camry, but cmon.

I mean, we took the thing to and from New Orleans just fine. For side pipes im pretty happy wih that. You may be happy with just high flows and a corsa. Headers will make it louder. Obviously I don't think it's too loud but as I said, you can always start with high flows and corsa and go from there.

Merry Christmas to you too.

--Jeff

MH60M
01-20-2017, 08:07 AM
I just saw a cheap Corsa Cat back system on one of the Viper forums. GenII I think. I'll have to look again.